News

Complicated Love

Morning came and Eunhyuk woke up to an empty bed. Yesung was gone but a note was left on the pillow. Eunhyuk sat up and grabbed the piece of paper. He opened it and started to read the words written in Yesung’s writing.

 

Eunhyuk,

I meant what I said last night. I need to leave, so you are free of me. This may seem like I am overreacting. However, it is what I need to do not just for my sake but for yours as well.

What happened last night, I will never forget.

Yesung

 

Eunhyuk scrunched the letter up in the palm of his hand. “You fool" and he grabbed the pillow and through it at the wall. “Eunhyuk, breakfast is ready" he heard his mother call out from downstairs.

 

News Anchor

“It has just been announced that Yesung from the popular KPop group Super Junior is leaving”. “SM Entertainment just released a statement of Yesung’s departure”. “SM Entertainment stated that Yesung has left due to personal reasons”. “Fans are furious and demanding a proper statement from SM Entertainment and Yesung himself”. “Fans are now worried that, Super Junior will disband due to Yesung's departure”. “Is this the end of Super Junior”

 

“Ryeowook, turn that off" Leeteuk the leader of Super Junior walked into the meeting room. Ryeowook was watching the news on his phone. “What is going to become of us" Ryeowook asked. “Apparently we’re going to disband according to social media" Kyuhyun said with anger in his voice when he walked into the room. The rest of the members arrived and sat down at the table. “That’s enough, I don’t want to hear anymore about disbanding" Leeteuk looked at all the members.

Eunhyuk just looked down at his hands. He felt like they were being disciplined by their leader. In truth they most likely were. Super Juniors manager walked into the room along with Lee Soo-man. The CEO of SM Entertainment. “Now we all know why we are having this meeting” Soo-man said to everyone. “Yesung has left which is very sad, he was a great artist and a great friend”. “Despite this loss, Super Junior will continue and we have to reassure your fans. That you will not be disbanding but will be coming back better than ever”. Even though Soo-man was trying to appear positive to his artists. He knew that losing one of their greatest assets was going to change the name Super Junior forever.

 

Four Months Later

“Exciting news has just been released”. “Former Super Junior member Yesung is coming back". “Unfortunately, not with Super Junior but as a solo artist under the label P Nation". “Korean and international fans are excited for Yesung’s comeback with the popular entertainment agency”. “However, not all fans are thrilled to hear the news of Yesung’s comeback with a new label". “Some have tweeted since the idol is no longer part of SM Entertainment”. “He should not be allowed to perform and promote under the name ‘Yesung'". “SM Entertainment came up with the stage name and has the rights to take the name back". “Hee-Young has the report" the camera then faced another anchor-woman.

“That’s right Eun-Jung, there are some out there who do not believe that Yesung should not be allowed to keep his stage name now that he is under a new label”. “SM Entertainment gave him that stage name before his debut with Super Junior. “It means ‘an art-like voice’ which is true as he does have a beautiful voice". “Despite the controversy around his stage name". “P Nation announced on their Twitter account". “Now this came as a shock but P Nation wrote that they bought the rights of the stage name ‘Yesung from SM Entertainment”. “Now a statement like that, you would think would be kept quiet amongst the two labels”. “I believe P Nation was put under alot of stress and pressure and thats the reason why they made this announcement". “Remember, this is all about a name but not just any name”. “A name that is well known".

“Hee-Young, do you believe that P Nation bought the rights from SM because it would make it easier to promote Yesung as an artist under their label". “I am not sure; I do not want to state something that may not be considered true". “Yesung may have wanted to keep it as that has been his idol identity for over a decade”. “There could be different reasons but P Nation has bought the rights of Kim Jong-Woon’s stage name". "So Yesung will be promoting under this name". “Thankyou Hae-Young, now fans are wondering how Super Junior has handled this news”. “We will be back after the break".

Ads started playing while Yesung was sitting on the couch. Pay the CEO of P Nation approached Yesung and asked him to join his label. It was not something Yesung said yes to straight away. It took him a week to think about. He already had three other labels wanting him to sign to their company. In the end he signed with P Nation. His comeback was fast approaching and with the help from his new label. He was coming back with something more different that may shock his fans and supporters.

Despite joining an amazing label, he still kept thinking about his life with Super Junior and the love he still felt for Eunhyuk. Yesung felt guilt and anger towards himself. His brother was angry with him when Yesung told him he was leaving the group and Eunhyuk. 

Flashback 

"Your joking right, your not seriously leaving the group" Jong-Jin looked shocked. "I have too" Yesung replied. "Bro your leaving over such a small misunderstanding". "After that chat we had, I thought you were going to find him to fix things". "Not leave, I mean isnt that a bit much" Jong-Jin just couldn't understand why Yesung would go to such an extreme. "Jong-Jin I need time to figure out myself and I cannot do that if I'm around Eunhyuk" Yesung said. "Its not just about that misunderstanding where I believed he was seeing someone else" Yesung continued. "I dont think I am the best thing for Eunhyuk". "He still needs time to find himself, I want him to have a bright future and I know his family wants that too" Yesung started to feel emotional. "Yesung have you actually thought about what Eunhyuk wants?" Jong-Jin asked him. 

"I have and I know what he wants and thats why I have to go" Yesung responded in between chockes of his voice.