part 5

Bets

 

(bang’s pov)

It’s been three weeks since Anna moved here, three weeks since the bet started. That girl is making things so hard. She won’t let me near her and her brother is so overprotective of her. I couldn’t help but to notice that she is getting way too close with Joshua. I hate it, how can she let him in so easily. Today was different though, I walked up to her and asked if we could talk. 

“No she can’t” said JB

“It’s alright JB, sure we can talk but not here”

“Anna”

“JB, it’s alright and please don’t follow” she said as she took my hand and dragged me along with her. Her hand was warm and small compared to mine. She took me all the way to the library and we sat at the far end. 

(Anna’s Pov)

It’s been three week and Bang is still trying to impress me. Lisa won’t leave me alone, always finding ways to bother me. Joshua on the other hand has always been there for me, he is such a gentleman. We’ve been hanging out alot and he is just so easy to get along with. Today was no different, Joshua went to pick me up and the two of us went to school. We stopped by the coffee shop near the school and then we made our way there. The guys were already there waiting for us. JB grabbed his drink and asked Joshua if he wanted to hang out after school but it would just be him and the guys. Joshua looked at me and then back at JB and then just agreed. After a while of uss just sitting there waiting for the bell to ring, Bang made his way towards us. I looked at him up and down and then he asked if he could speak with me. JB told him that I wasn’t interested but I told him that it was okay. JB looked at me as if making sure I was alright with it, I looked at him and just told him not to follow us. I grabbed Bang by the hand and dragged him along with me. I took him all the way to the library and we sat at the far end. I let go of his hand and just looked at him.

“What do you want?”

“I just wanted to apologize, I know we got off on the wrong foot”

“Wow really” I was taking aback from what he had just said to me. He looked almost innocent and it would have worked if I wasn’t aware of his bet with Lisa. I guess I’ve put this off long enough and now it was my turn to play. I lean back on my chair and just look at him, keeping eye contact. I smirk at him and start to drag my foot up his leg and start to lean in towards him. He seemed to be fighting back some urge but also started to lean in. 

“Apology accepted” I said as I whispered in his ear. I got up and walked away leaving him there. He was still leaned in as if waiting for a kiss, he opened his eyes and noticed that I wasn’t there anymore. He looked around until he saw me walking out the library. I looked at him and blew a kiss then walked out and made my way back to the guys. Mark looked at me and asked if I was okay and I just nodded at him. The bell rang and we all went to class, Joshua and I took our seats as usual and then the teacher walked in. Bang walked in with Lisa and they took their seats. Both of them were just looking at me and I knew exactly why. Lisa has it out for me since day one, and Bang was probably just frustrated from what had happened this morning. The class began and then the teacher said we had a team project. I looked back at Joshua and told him that we should work together. After the teacher explained what the project was about she told us that she had already picked out partners. 

“Alright class when I call out your name, please make your way to your partner. Felix and Wendy,Joshua and Lisa, Bang and Anna, Eunwoo and Krystal” she continued with the list and I looked over at Bang. He got up and started making his way towards me. I looked at Joshua and he just mouthed an “I’m sorry” then he made his way towards Lisa. Bang took Joshua's chair and pulled it next to mine. He looked at me and gave me one of his signature smiles. We sat there in silence and then I took the worksheet from him and read it out loud to him. 

“You know, you have a very lovely voice”

“Shut up and pay attention” I said as I looked at him and then slammed the paper onto his chest. He grabbed my hand and pulled me in closer, I could feel my heart start racing. 

“Let go”

“You can’t just tease me and think you’ll get away with it” he whispered into my ear. I cracked a smile and knew exactly what to do. 

“But I thought that’s what you wanted, my attention and now you got it” I said as I put my hand on his thigh and slowly started to run it up but before I could go any further, he stopped me. 

“Don’t start something that you won’t be able to stop,” he said in his raspy voice. I pulled away from him and gave him a smirk. We went on to work on our project but I got most of the job done. The bell rang and I put everything away and I told Bang that I would wait for him at the park so that we could continue to work on it after school. The rest of the day went by pretty fast and on the way out I told Mark and JB that I was going to go to the park because I had something to work on. Mark said that he would go with me but I told him that I would be just fine on my own. I headed over to the coffee shop and got something to drink and then made my way to the park. I went over to my usual spot and there I waited for Bang. I pulled out the papers and placed them in front of me. I looked at my phone and it was getting late and Bang was still nowhere to be seen. I was almost done with the project so I decided to just leave it where it was and packed everything. I called JB and let him know that I was on my way home and he told me that he would meet me halfway. I agreed and then started making my way to the entrance of the park. I pulled out my headphones and connected them to my phone. 

“And where are you going?”

“Home, you took forever” I said without even looking back. I just kept on walking, ignoring the boy that had just shown up. I kept on walking but he followed, he then took my arm and turned me around so that I would face him. He pulled me in closer and I put my hand on his chest so that I wouldn’t be so close to him. I looked up at him and noticed why he was late.

“Red isn’t really your color”

“Excuse me”

“I guess that's why you were late”

“Ohh yeah”

“You could have let me know that you were going to be late or that you weren’t going to make it” I said as I pushed him off me. I straightened out my shirt and then walked away from him once again.

(Bang’s Pov)

She is so unbelievable, how could she have all this power over me. I stood there thinking that she was going to like the new hair but no. She said it wasn’t my color and the capacity that she has to not have fallen for me already. Any girl would be on their knees begging for my attention but not her. I guess that’s why I’m so into her, she doesn’t let me or anyone talk down to her. Anna is something else and I was really considering leaving the bet. The more she rejects me the more I want to pursue her.