part 4

Bets

We all sat there watching the tv until the doorbell rang. My mother got up to see who it was. When She opened the door someone greeted her and said that they lived upstairs from us. I recognized that voice so I got up to check.

“Joshua “ I said as I noticed who it was. My mother turned to look at me and I just smiled at her. I walked over to the door and told her that I had met him at school today. I looked at him and told him to come inside. He did and Mark and JB looked our way. Joshua greeted all of them and then I told him to follow me into the kitchen. My mother followed us as we did so, Joshua handed me a plate of fresh baked cookies. I thanked him and sat them on the dining table.Mark walked in and asked who was at the door, he then realized that Joshua was there. He greeted him and asked what he was doing there. Joshua told him and then we just stood there. I looked at Mark and asked him if he needed something from the kitchen. He told me that he just wanted some water. I grabbed a cup and served him some, I asked Joshua if he wanted some but he refused. I looked at him and then at the cookies and asked him if he wanted a cup of milk and he agreed. I served the cups of milk and then I asked him if he wanted to join us to watch the tv series with us and he agreed. 

Who is this?” asked JB as the three of us made our way back into the living room

“Hello my name is Joshua, you must be JB” said Joshua as he greeted my brother. Jb looked at him and gave him a friendly smile. Mark sat on the floor and Joshua and I sat down next to each other on the couch. I sat in between JB and Joshua  and then we hit play on the episode that was on. We spent the rest of the night watching the show and getting to know each other. Joshua was kind and caring, JB thought he was cool but Mark just didn’t seem to like him that much. It was getting late and Joshua had to get home. I went with him all the way to the front door and sent him off. He told me that if I ever needed anything, he was just a floor above us. I thanked him again for the cookies and then he left. Mark walked up behind me and scared the living out of me. 

“Looks like someone likes you”

“Jealous much?”

“Just watch out, Joshuha can be really nice but he has his bad side” was all he said and then walked away. Mark has never acted like that before until now, in one way he was right, I just met Joshua and I didn’t really know him that well. I shook it off and went to the living room and told JB that I was going to be in my room. He nodded and said nothing more, Mark on the other hand looked at me with warning in his eye. I didn’t give it much thought and just went on my merry way back to my room. 

(the next day)

We were having breakfast when the door opened, it was Mark. He gave me a hug and then went looking for JB. I told him that he was still in his room and he was off. I looked at my eomma and asked her when she thought they would get married. We laughed at the comment and then they walked in together. I looked at them in disgust, how was it possible that they didn’t get tired of one another. We were having breakfast when the doorbell rang. Eomma went to see who it was this early, after a while she came back and Joshua was right behind her. I smiled at him and Jb greeted him. Mark on the other hand went dead silent, didn’t even greet the guy. 

“Good morning everyone, I just wanted to see if Anna wanted to walk with me to school. If that is okay with you Mrs. Park and JB” he said as he looked at both my eomma and oppa for permission. Eomma agreed and so did JB, I finished with breakfast and then made my way out with Joshua. Before we left I told him to wait for me outside and I ran back into my room and grabbed my glasses. I put them on and made my way to the front door. Mark was waiting for me and just looked me up and down. 

“He must really like you”

“Shut up! We’re just friends and like you said, I don’t know him like that”

“Just be careful! Nerd” he said as he ruffled my hair and ran away before I could get him. I walked out the door and Joshua was there waiting for me. He gave me a smile and asked if I had everything I needed. I told him that I just had to go back for my glasses and he just nodded. We made our way to the school when all of a sudden we bumped into Bang and some other guy I hadn't seen before. Bang looked at me and gave me a smile. Joshua greeted him but I just looked at him like he was a virus. I listened as they started talking but there was nothing interesting. Bang made a comment about the bet and Joshua just said it was childish.

"What bet?"

"That's none of your business" said Chan

"Chan!" Said Joshua in a harsh tone. I didn't say anything else and I just looked at both of them. I told Joshua that I would go on ahead without him. I started walking away when suddenly I felt someone pull my arm

"You look good with glasses on," said Chan as he whispered it to my ear. I looked at him and pushed him off and as I did so I tripped over my foot. I was ready to hit the ground but I never did. I opened my eyes and Chan had caught me by the waist. I could feel the heat radiating from his body. I looked at him and he just stared at me, he let go of me and I stood up straight. I straightened out my shirt as I looked at Chan and then just walked away without saying another word. 

(Chan's Pov) 

There she was walking with Joshua. I greeted him and she just looked like I was some kind of virus. I mentioned the bet but he said that it was childish. Ana looked at me and asked what I was talking about. I looked at her and I wanted to tell her the truth but I wasn't going to lose that easily. I told her it was none of her business. She looked over at Joshua and told him that she was going to walk the rest of the way alone. I stood there as she pushed past me and I almost lost it. Her scent sent chills down my back, she smelled like coconut. I looked at Joshua and told him that I was going to apologize. He didn't say a word and I ran after her. I grabbed her by the arm and turned her around. She looked confused and I leaned over and told her that she looked good with glasses on. I wasn't lying, she looked adorable. She pushed me away and as she did, she tripped over her own foot. I caught her before she could hit the ground. She opened her eyes and looked at me. God I could just stare at those eyes forever. She pushed me off her and straightened her shirt. I was going to say something but she walked away without saying anything else. Felix walked up behind me and asked me if that was the new girl. I nodded and he just gave me a pat on the back.

“You like her don’t you?”

“no , what are you talking about?”

“Umm keep telling yourself that bud” he said and then walked away. I couldn’t like her, I don't even know her. I stood there for a while and then I ran to catch up with Felix. As we entered the school, all of the girls were already waiting for us. I looked over to where Lisa would usually be but she wasn’t there. I told the girls that I needed to go and I went off looking for Lisa. She was in the library with Rose and Joshua. I walked up to them and asked how they were all doing. Lisa got up from her seat and walked over to me. Her hand crossed my chest and onto my shoulder. I turned to look at her and she asked me how things were going with Anna. I told her that she was making it hard but that I was working on it. I looked over at Joshua but he didn’t say a word.

“Our gentlemen here on the other hand is already making a move and he isn’t even part of the bet”

“Shut up Bang”

“Is it true?”

“No”

“Ohh but it is, he was walking with her this morning” I said and he just looked away. Does he really like her or is he just pretending, these questions were actually running through my head. I didn’t give it much thought and just told Lisa that I was working on getting her to like me. She just reminded me that I had until the winter dance. The bell rang and we all made our way to our class. Joshua took his seat and Lisa and I went over to ours, when Anna walked in and made her way to her seat behind Joshua. She let her hair down and she looked even more beautiful.She tucked a hair strand behind her ear and then she laughed at something Joshua had told her. I looked away only to see that Lisa was staring back at me. It kinda scared me and I asked her if she needed anything. She turned around and said no and that she hoped that I wasn’t falling for Anna. I hope that I wasn’t because I’ve been broken enough.

.

.

.

A/N: hello dear readers. It's been a while since I posted a story on here. I really hope that you all like this one and sorry for updating this chapter so late but I'll try my best to update on a regular bases. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! Enjoy