Chapter 9

All These Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9: It was you

**

It was mid July, nothing much happened except Moonshot cafe was doing quite well compared to last year.

Seulgi applied for a part time job as a radio DJ every Wednesday and Friday night. Aside from it was her passion, also because she needed more money for Joohyun’s college. Seungwan knew it, so she allowed her friend/worker to have another job as long as she didn’t abandon her responsibility at Moonshot.

Jennie began liking a certain boy band called EXO and would spaze about the boys everyday. Her sister didn't complain and just listened to her even though idolizing wasn’t her thing. Speaking of the older Bae, she had been busy with school, tutoring and cafe work. Seungwan had told her that she can stop working to focus more on her studies as she will graduate and take the college entrance exam next year. But Joohyun refused, saying she can manage it. Seungwan wanted to argue but she knew better, Joohyun was capable of doing so, since she was smart and that was a given. Her latest grade was pretty impressive.

Seulgi bragged that with her brain, Joohyun would be able to enter Seoul National College (SNU) easily. Something she couldn’t do in the past, since she wasn’t that passionate about studying. She regretted it, she could have done better in her life, so she has a very high hope for joohyun to be successful. Seulgi didn’t know what would happen to herself if she hadn’t met seungwan 3 years ago. The girl gave her a place to stay after she found her passed out in front of her newly opened cafe. At that time Seulgi was chased out from her old place since she couldn’t pay the rent and she was running a high fever.

Seungwan offered Seulgi to work in her cafe, and there she met Sooyoung, the only worker of Moonshot, the bubbly girl who takes after her deceased father responsibility to take care of her family. She decided to take a break from college and take several low paid jobs until she met Seungwan. The pay was better than her previous jobs with free lunch and dinner. It helped her to allocate more money for other things like her sister's school fees and maybe some savings.

Seulgi didn’t know much about Seungwan’s family but she knew that she wasn’t on good terms with her older brother. Her brother left her to Japan when she was still in senior high school, since then she had lived alone in her parent's old flat (her flat now).

From where she got money to open Moonshot was still a mystery for Seulgi. Seungwan only said that someone rich lent her a good amount of money to open this cafe. Since 3 years ago, every month she would pay back that someone.

**

Another Saturday at Moonshot

12:00 PM

Seungwan hummed a song while cleaning the cashier counter. The cafe would get more busy from noon until night so it’s better to clean up now.

*cringg*

“Sorry I’m late. Teacher offered to review the test result right away” Joohyun told Seungwan while wiping her sweaty forehead. Today, all the senior students had a mock exam for the university entrance next year.

“Aigoo my Hyunnie” Seulgi emerged from the kitchen upon hearing her niece voice “Come sit for a moment, you must be tired”

Joohyun walked to her aunt after offering a smile to Seungwan, which the latter returned back with a dimpled smile that instantly brightened Joohyun’s day.

Seulgi massaged her shoulder “How was it? Good?”

Joohyun smiled “Teacher said if I can manage my grade and pace of study, I will have a high chance to win a scholarship at SNU”

“Really? Aww” Seulgi almost teared up “Have you decided about what major you’ll take?”

Joohyun shook her head “I haven’t, I’m considering between Medical and Math”

“Of course you should take medical, unnie. Doctors are cool” Jennie yawned, she was up all night downloading and watching her EXO oppa’s reality show.

Seulgi nodded “True but whatever you take I will support you”

“Thanks unnie” joohyun was thankful to her aunt

“You can study real hard but don’t forget to get a boyfriend/girlfriend” sooyoung added

“YAH!”

“Don’t yah me! You want your niece forever alone like you, Seulgi?” Sooyoung encountered “I’m saving her love life here”

Seulgi sulked and mumbled “Like you aren’t forever alone, yourself”

“Say, do you have someone in your mind now?” sooyoung grinned at Joohyun, ignoring seulgi’s remark

The younger girl blushed

“Aww you have, don’t you? Who is it? Do I know them?”

Joohyun's eyes met seungwan, and the latter immediately smiled when she caught the girl’s stare. Seungwan didn't hear any of their conversation since she was using her headphone

Seulgi narrowed her eyes at Joohyun, “Well?”

“N...no. I’m focusing on my studies for now”

“That’s my girl” her aunt beamed before skipping to kitchen

While sooyoung remained on her seat “I don’t buy your lie Hyun-ah, tell me or I’ll be mad” she said playfully but the later took it seriously

Joohyun bit her lips, unsure if she should tell sooyoung or not.

What if sooyoung likes seungwan too??

Hope not, Joohyun prayed inside.

“I...I like seungwan unnie”

Sooyoung eyes widened “Come again”

“I like Seungwan unnie”

The taller girl gasped “Since when?”

“I don’t know. It just happened”

“Oh dear…” Sooyoung sighed, Seulgi wouldn’t like it “That’s wonderful to hear, is she your first crush?”

“Y..yes” joohyun nodded shyly

“Then I will support you” Sooyoung patted her shoulder “Although your aunt may be against it, she’s overprotective towards you girls”

“I know so please keep it a secret from her” the young girl pleaded

“Don’t worry, I got your back” Sooyoung winked at her “Though if you want her to be yours, you should make a move now, she is a bit dense”

**

Next day, Movie theater, 05:00 PM

Moonshot cafe was closed today

 

“I heard this movie is good. Poor sooyoung, suddenly caught a fever” Seungwan sighed “She’s the one who bugged me to watch it with her”

joohyun nodded shyly

**Flashback**

This morning

Joohyun was doing her chores when her phone rang.

*Ringring*

“Hello...”

“HYUN! I just remembered, I asked Seungwan to accompany me to watch Man of steel today. BUT instead of me, you should go! Think of it as a date”

“Wha...”

“I already texted seungwan and she said okay...so have fun!”

“But unnie...”

*tututu*

Sooyoung ended her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter