Chapter 8

All These Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: Who are you?

**

Next day

Moonshot cafe

Seungwan didn't think that Joohyun would come and hang around the cafe today but she was proven wrong. At around 3 PM Joohyun came with her friend, Yerim. Seungwan had met the girl last night when accompanying Joohyun to her house. They talked a litte. What a mischievous kid.

Their eyes met for a moment in an awkward manner before Joohyun hurriedly took a seat at the corner.

Seungwan still felt extremely guilty while Joohyun too still felt her heart heavy around the older girl, but the real reason why she felt awkward was because she kissed the older girl and it kinda crept up into her mind after she told yerim everything, including her questionable feeling towards the source of her grieving. Yerim told her that she’s crushing on the older girl. She was so sure about it that Joohyun believed her.

But Joohyun had to come back today or else Seulgi would flip. Joohyun was thankful to her aunt so she didn’t want to give her another problem. Especially when this problem was partially caused by her, who didn’t think thoroughly last night. What would she say to her? Something like ‘unnie, I kissed your friend because she made me angry’?

“Annyeong!” Yerim greeted Seungwan with an unexplainable glint in her eyes “I want to have matcha latte, Hyun said it’s your signature drink”

Seungwan cleared “Yes, and it’s on me. Thank you for letting Joohyun sleep in your house”

“Pshh, it’s nothing unnie” Yerim said in a whisper “Though I’ll appreciate it if you be more gentle with my friend”

The young cafe owner wasn’t surprised if Yerim knew. Joohyun must’ve told her everything

“Y...yeah I will” then she looked at Joohyun “Do you want your usual strawberry milkshake?”

Joohyun was a bit startled by the question but nodded slowly before looking down at her closed book. Was she pretending to read?

*cringg*

Seulgi and Jennie appeared from the door

“Unnie!” Jennie ran to her sister and hugged her “I missed you!”

“Hi Nini” Joohyun smiled and then kissed her fluffy cheek “Did you have fun at school?”

After their last quarrel or rather, Joohyun's last outburst. The older sibling had become especially attentive and paid a lot of attention to her sister.

“I got an A for Korean history today!” Jennie said excitedly until she noticed Yerim infront of her “Who is she?”

“Yerim my friend. Yerim this is Jennie my sister” She told her friend

“Omo!” Yerim squealed and immediately squished jennie’s cheek “Such a cutie!” she was really fond of younger girls because she had 2 younger siblings and simply couldn’t stand a cute human being

“Hi!” Seulgi appeared beside them with a wide grin“I’m Seulgi. Joohyun’s aunt. Thank you for taking care of her”

“Hi unnie! It’s nothing really” Yerim bowed “I heard a lot about you. You're really cool! I wished I had an aunt like you”

Seulgi blushed with the compliment “Order whatever you want, it’ll be on me”

“No, it’ll be on me” Seungwan reappeared with their orders “Signature matcha latte for you and strawberry milkshake for joohyun, I baked brownies this morning so have a taste”

“It’s really good!” Yerim complimented again “I wish you were my crush!”

“Huh?” Seungwan blinked

Joohyun kicked yerim’s leg under the table

“Oww…nothing, nothing” Yerim winced

Seulgi looked at them suspiciously before shrugging off and back to her station

“Alright. Let me know if you girls want a refill” Seungwan said as she gave them her dimpled smile

“Yah...Just tell the world that I’m crushing on her!” Joohyun complained in a whisper

“Sorry, I was too excited after you told me last night! You’re right, she’s charming when smilling like that but I hope she can stop being stupid at times”

“Shhh!”

“Sorry” Yerim pouted before sipping her latte

Meanwhile Joohyun secretly followed Seungwan’s every movement with her eyes, thinking on how to face their awkward situation.

**

09:00 PM

Closing time

Seulgi and Jennie went home earlier at 7 PM because the younger girl complained having a stomachache

“I’ll be going now!” Sooyoung announced as she got her bag ready

“Did you bring the food?”

“Yeah, it’s here” Sooyoung smiled while lifting the plastic bags in her hand “Thanks Wan!”

Seungwan cooked a special kimchi fried rice for Sooyoung’s sister's birthday, enough for the whole family

“Bye Hyun!” Sooyoung waved her hands excitedly before going out

So there were only Joohyun and Seungwan left

She actually wanted to go home with Seulgi earlier but her aunt asked her to help Seungwan to close the cafe

“This is awkward” Seungwan muttered, scratching her head

Joohyun said nothing as she wiped the table

“Are you still angry with me, Joohyun?”

The younger girl looked at Seungwan briefly “A little”

The cafe owner sighed “I’m really sorry. What can I do for you to forgive me?”

Joohyun shook her head “You already apologized to me many times, unnie. I’ll be okay after a few days”

“I understand but still I feel heavy about it, I was rude to you”

Joohyun opened to say something but closed it again and seungwan noticed it

“Just tell me anything you want to say, it's best if we talk about it today”

“Um...don’t you feel angry that I...I kissed you?”

Oh yeah...about that

“Stunned yes but not angry. I knew you did that to make me understand your feeling and I did think a lot after that”

“I’m sorry” Joohyun apologized “I shouldn’t have done that, no matter how angry I was last night”

“No...it was my fault, you did that because I didn’t regard your feelings. But let’s just say we’re both stupid and sorry towards each other”

Joohyun nodded, then a blush appeared on her face “Can you...can you keep it from Seulgi unnie?”

“Of course, I don’t want to end up like that boy”

“But I’m the one who kissed you” Joohyun frowned

“She’ll beat both of us and I don’t want that so yes it’ll be our secret, okay?” Seungwan made a ‘sealed my lips’ move

Joohyun mirrored her action “Our secret”

“Do you still have something to tell me? I don’t want us to be awkward since we’re living under one roof”

Other than the fact that I may be crushing on you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter