Chapter 28

All These Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28

 

***

 

“Did you wash Minjeong's Rapunzel blanket already?”

“Ah! I forgot”

“It’s ok just keep cooking, I’ll wash it”

“Thanks Hyun, it’s in the basket!”

 

Joohyun hurriedly went to the laundry room and picked up the blanket along with a few of the older girl's dirty shirts before setting up the washing machine.

 

They just got back from the hospital, Joohyun finished her shift at the same time with Seungwan so they decided to go to Seungwan’s flat as it was nearer to the hospital because the young doctor would have to clock back in 7 hours.

 

“Do you want it spicy or mild?” She heard Seungwan shout from the kitchen

“Mild please” she shouted back as she started the washing machine.

 

Before walking back to the kitchen, Joohyun went to Minjeong’s room to retrieve her favorite book, Minjeong had asked her to pick it up and read it for her later.

 

“Let’s have our dinner before it gets cold” Seungwan told her as she put their meals on the table

 

Joohyun immediately took a seat in front of her “Looks delicious”

 

“Wait until you taste it”

 

The young doctor took a spoonful of the curry rice and blew it a little.

“Mhmm” she nodded appreciatively while savoring the taste.

 

“Good?”

 

“You’re always a good cook” Joohyun smiled “it's almost unfair”

 

“You aren’t so bad yourself”

 

“That’s because you’re biased’ Joohyun shrugged before digging into her meal.

 

“Maybe” Seungwan laughed heartily “Let me know if you want more”

 

After one and a half plates of curry rice later, Joohyun was finally satisfied and now enjoying her dessert, a plate of milk pudding.

 

“Actually, I’m curious. What made you choose to be a doctor? I thought you like math?”

 

Joohyun bit her lips “Don’t laugh okay”

 

“Sure”

 

“I initially wanted to be a teacher, a math teacher. So I applied to some universities with math as my first choices, but the day before the national exam was the last time we talked with each other. I cried all night and woke up late and almost missed the exam, but still I failed. Couldn’t concentrate on it at all”

 

“I’m sorry” Seungwan was full of guilt “I should’ve waited until you got into college”

 

“No, I was stupid for letting my feeling got into me, Seulgi unnie scolded me a lot because of that. I thought I wouldn't attend college that year but 2 weeks later, a private institution announced that they have 2 seats for full scholarship in medical. I knew I had to try so I prepared myself and here I am”

 

“Do you still regret it? Not being a teacher?”

 

“No. I love my job so don’t worry” Joohyun put her hand over Seungwan “It’s all in the past and also, if I’m not a doctor I doubt we’ll meet each other again”

 

“I would still find you but yeah it might be different”

Joohyun nodded as she finished up her milk pudding “Ah, so full”

 

“Do you want to take a bath first? I’ll take care of the blanket, should be finished in a few minutes”

 

“Ok. So...where do I sleep?”

 

“My room” Seungwan raised her brows “Is that even a question anymore?”

 

“I was just teasing you” she blinked her eyes not so innocently, seungwan rolled her eyes at it.

 

“I’ll prepare a set of pajamas for you. I think you should bring some of your clothes and put it in my closet”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Just sleep here if it’s too late to get back to your house, or just sleep here everyday. I’ll prepare a spare key for you”

 

“...”

 

“I can drop and pick you up from the hospital everyday, it’s on the same way to my studio”

 

“Wait, wait” Joohyun widened her eyes “Did you just casually ask me to move in?”

 

“Yes” Seungwan said as she intertwined their fingers on the table “I want to spend more private time with you everyday and I'm kind of worried seeing you go home late at night with a taxi whenever I can’t drive you back”

 

Joohyun's cheek reddened slightly “Seulgi unnie will combust”

 

“I’ll talk to her, so what do you think?”

 

“I’m on board with you” Joohyun said softly, her eyes gleaming with happiness “I’m really happy that you think a lot about me, about us”

 

Seungwan laughed “You’re always in my mind” She got up and kissed Joohyun's cheek before taking care of the dirty dishes.

 

The young doctor could only stare at her back, sighing dreamingly.

 

Ugh, I can’t believe she’s mine.

 

**

 

11:00 PM

 

They settled on Seungwan’s bed facing each other. Seungwan was all silent, staring at her girlfriend.

 

Joohyun was always pretty, even without makeup. The once innocent young girl had bloomed into a beautiful strong woman and if somebody told her that the said young girl would be her lover in the future, she would’ve laughed and called them a fool.

 

“What do you have in mind?” Joohyun whispered, a little bit self conscious of her stare, why is she staring so much? Do I have leftover sauce on my face?

 

“I wanted to say ‘you’ but that’s too cheesy. It’s a hard question because I just…can’t think of anything right now, everything about you blows me away”

“That’s even cheesier” Joohyun giggled softly

“Really? I was just being honest with you”

“It’s okay, I like it” the young doctor smiled bashfully

“Is it living up to your teenage dream, Dr Bae?” Seungwan playfully wiggled her brows

“Now you’re pushing it”

“Is it?”

Joohyun rolled her eyes “You won’t stop until I say yes, don’t you?”

“Yep”

“Ugh…fine. Yes, yes it is”

 

“You were cute” Seungwan sighed teasingly “I wish I realized my feeling sooner to shower teenager you with loads of cheesy pick up lines”

 

“Oh…so now I’m not cute anymore?”

 

“Still cute but…” Seungwan bit her lips “A lot ier now”

 

“Don’t give me that look…I have back to back surgeries tomorrow”

The young pianists laughed “It never stopped you before”

“How could I? You’re always so convincing and…umm good”

“All those screams only mean ‘good’? I don’t think so”

“Great..in bed, ug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter