Chapter 24

All These Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24

 

**

 

Two days later

 

Seungwan was finally released after paying some charges for violating the hotel rules. She couldn’t believe that she got held for that long but she didn’t mind since they also asked her about Joohyun's case as a witness.

 

She slumped in the taxi backseat, wincing a little. She could feel her body aching because of the bruises she got and her face…well, she probably shouldn’t check a mirror in the meantime, because if you looked at her, you wouldn’t believe that she was actually a high profiled pianist.

 

The Kang and Bae family arrived at Jeju yesterday morning, meanwhile her manager went back to Seoul at noon to take care of Minjeong.

 

She missed her daughter and was terribly sorry for leaving her so abruptly. Back then she would always tell her daughter before going somewhere.

 

Seungwan fished her phone and called her manager to speak with Minjeong. As soon as her daughter's voice filled the phone, a smile graced her face. There was nothing that could beat her daughter’s cheerful greeting.

 

[Mommy! Yeo…yeoboseyo? Is that correct manager oppa??]

 

She chuckled softly at her daughter’s attempt to speak in korean and felt so relieved that she was happy there.

“Yes, you’re doing good. Minjeong-ah”

 

***

 

Thirty minutes later, she arrived at the Villa that Seulgi rented for the whole family. As soon as she stepped into the living room, Jennie immediately engulfed her in a bone crushing hug.

 

“Wannie!” The young girl immediately bursted into tears “Thank you for saving Hyun unnie, thank you”

 

Seulgi who walked behind her also came sobbing as she held on Seungwan’s arm, they didn’t get to meet each other at the police station. Her friend was there with a lawyer from Seoul to submit a lawsuit against Seunggi for attempting a and she wanted to bring the case to Seoul court. She swore to get the man the taste of his own action, she wouldn’t let go until he got sentenced. She wouldn’t hesitate to hire more lawyers to bring him down.

 

“If you didn’t come at the right time…” Seulgi sobbed harder, couldn’t bring herself to continue, she couldn’t imagine what would happen to her niece “I am in debt forever”

 

Seungwan patted her back to calm her down “No, you’re not because I care for her too” She looked at Sooyoung and asked “Is she okay now?”

 

“Hyun is still sleeping, she couldn’t sleep properly at night” Sooyoung told her with a worried voice “She must be very traumatized, they were having a heated argument before everything went downhill”

 

Just what happened during their argument?

Did Joohyun say something that provoked him?

Something that led to him forcing himself on her.

He must have thought that it would make the latter surrender to him.

He really has a twisted mind…

 

“I really wanted to punch him at the station but the police didn’t let me” Seulgi said in between her sobs “I hope you punched him good”

“I did” Seungwan told her friend “I wished I could do more” she sighed before saying “He made everyone’s life miserable, yoona, minjeong and now Joohyun”

 

“Yoona? Your brother’s ex?? Wait…” Sooyoung eyes widened in realization “Don’t tell me, he is your brother, then Minjeong is…”

 

“Yes, Seunggi is my step brother and minjeong’s biological father” Everyone except Seulgi, gasped in disbelief

 

“What the hell?!” Jennie shrieked

 

The young pianist sighed “I was so afraid that the same thing would happen to Joohyun, that’s why I went to Jeju as soon as I knew that he was Joohyun’s fiance”

 

“If only I knew sooner, Joohyun wouldn’t have to go through this” she swallowed the pain, the story almost repeated again

 

She would never forget herself if something bad happened to Joohyun

 

“I don’t know what to say” Seulgi covered her face “I should’ve never let her go to Jeju with that man! I failed as her protector”

 

Sooyoung immediately engulfed her wife in a hug “You didn’t know, It’s not your fault” Seulgi had been blaming herself for Joohyun’s misfortune

 

Jennie too rushed to her aunt's side “You’re the best aunt we ever had. When none of our immediate family wanted to foster us in Daegu, you came to us and bravely brought us to Seoul with you. I would never be more thankful than this, unnie”

 

“The most important thing is that Joohyun is safe now” Sooyoung looked at Seungwan in tears “You saved me before and now my family, Wan ah”

 

Seungwan shook her head “You guys saved me too. I wouldn’t be here without you and Seulgi. You all are my family”

 

**

 

Later at night

 

Seungwan just booked a flight back to Seoul for tomorrow morning. She really wanted to stay longer in Jeju but Minjeong needed her. Meanwhile, Joohyun and the Kangs would stay in Jeju until the investigation was over. Probably for another 5 days or so and then the case would be transferred to the Seoul court.

 

Seungwan heard Joohyun's door being opened slightly. She instantly looked at the room across to her sitting.

 

The younger girl's head pooped out from the door, looking around until her eyes found Seungwan who was sitting on the sofa across from her with a cup of tea in her hand.

 

“Hey, you’re awake?” Seungwan put on a smile to lift up the atmosphere but she began to panic as soon as Joohyun bursted into tears upon seeing her.

 

She put her cup down before walking to her and engulfing her in a warm hug

“Shh. It’s okay. I’m here”

 

**

 

Joohyun laid on top of her as she rested her back on the bed. The younger girl asked her to keep her company tonight.

 

“You must be so scared” Seungwan sighed “I’m sorry, I should’ve came earlier”

 

Joohyun shook her head, sniffing a little “I should’ve refused when he asked me to come with him. I didn’t know that he’d get so violent and forced himself on me after we had an argument. I was so scared, I thought I’m gonna die the moment he pushed me to bed”

 

“Did you say something that provoked him to do so?” Seungwan felt the girl’s breath hitch. “If you are still not ready to have the talk, we don’t have to”

 

The young doctor shook her head a little “I asked for a break up, he didn’t want to but I was persistent with it. Soon our argument got heated and he slapped me”

 

“What?!”

 

“But I kept going and said I won’t stay the night in Jeju. That was when he pushed me to bed and…and forcefully kissed me all over. I resisted and fought back but I couldn’t overpower him” Joohyun’s body trembled a little and Seungwan had to tighten her hug “I felt so disgusted and I thought that would be the end of me, until you came”

 

In between her sobs, she whispered quietly “You saved me” Seungwan could feel her shirt dampened by Joohyun’s tears

 

“Still I could’ve prevented this had I known he was your fiance” the young pianist said in so much regret, seeing Joohyun breaking down like this, hurted her too

 

“W…what do you mean?

 

“Seunggi is Minjeong’s biological father”

 

Joohyun widened her eyes and immediately looked up at Seungwan “So he is…”

 

“My step brother” as her own eyes glistened with tears, she told Joohyun everything in detail. About how her father brought Seunggi to their house, about her meeting Yoona and about how the older girl went to Japan with him. How Yoona got pregnant and how Seunggi was so violent with her until she couldn’t stay anymore and left him.
 

“I didn’t know he was your fiance, Hyun” Seungwan hugged her tighter “I’m so sorry it happened to you”

 

Joohyun couldn’t find strength to say anything back, she only fisted Seungwan’s shirt and cried harder

Had Seungwan come any seconds late. She would be in Yoona’s position or even worse.

The young pianist let her cry, because there was nothing she could do now except letting her pour her emotion

 

She must’ve felt so scared

 

After a while Joohyun finally calmed down, her sobs died down but her eyes were swollen

 

 

Seungwan remembered that the younger girl hadn’t left her room since she came, she must’ve felt hungry right now

 

“Are you hungry? Do you want me to cook something for you?”

The younger girl shook her head “Just stay with me”

“Okay then” Seungwan brushed her fingers along Joohyun’s hair calming her more “Has Seulgi told you that you’ll need to stay for 5 days more?”

Joohyun nodded silently “Will you be here with me until then?”

Seungwan's hands stilled mid air “I really want to, but Minjeong…”

“Oh...right I understand. You should go back”

 

“I’m sorry”

“No, I understand. Minjeong needs you more” Joohyun looked up at Seungwan once again “I have everyone here with me but she’s all alone in Seoul. I can’t possibly ask you to stay with me, that would be selfish”

 

But Seungwan was still conflicted, she really wanted to be there for Joohyun but Minjeong needed her too.

 

“When is your flight?”

“Tomorrow morning”

Joohyun sighed “Then can you stay with me tonight? I keep having nightmares”

“Yes, of course”

 

Silence

 

“Is it stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter