Chapter 14

All These Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14: Like you on a higher level

**

Awkward.

The only word that could perfectly describe their situation.

Joohyun tried her best to avoid any contact with Seungwan while the older girl kept trying to make contact because she was curious as to why the girl likes her.

She needed her answer.

**

“Joo...”

“OH MY GOD, did i hear jennie's voice?” joohyun turned around and ran away to her room

*

“Emm Hyun...”

“Seulgi unnie! Wait!!” the girl ran away again

*

A curious seungwan changed into a pissed off seungwan

Seulgi was DJ-ing tonight, while Jennie was having a sleepover at her friend's house.

In other words, today was perfect to corner the younger girl. So while biting her lips, Joohyun desperately called her (only) friend, yeri, but she directed to her mailbox

Where the hell is everyone when you need them??

“FYI. If you want to run away again, I locked the front door”

Joohyun stared at seungwan for the first time that day before directing her eyes to her room

“And if you think you can hide in your room, I locked it too”

She gulped “W..what do you want?”

Seungwan crossed her hands “Explanation. Why me?”

“...”

Her face softened after looking at an uneasy joohyun “We’ve been ignoring the subject for days so let’s talk about it, the sooner the better Hyun”

The girl was feeling guilty, the reason why they couldn’t properly talk, not only because her aunt was always around them but also because she did escape the situation where they would be alone

“...Sorry”

“It’s okay, I’m not mad just frustrated” Seungwan said to her “So why me? I mean I never thought that...”

“Why can't it be you?”

“Well, It just never crossed my mind. I mean why me?”

“I just like you on a higher level, I have no further explanation for that”

“Higher level?”

Joohyun played with the hem of her hoodie shyly “I don’t know how to explain it ...umm, I like math generally but I just love algebra at a higher level, algebra makes me happy, curious & giddy just...like the way you make me feel”

Damn, such an innocent yet honest confession.

Seungwan couldn’t help but blushed a little and then she cleared “Are you sure it’s not a sisterly feeling? I mean you may confuse it since we’re living together and all”

Joohyun shook her head “I know how to differentiate between adoring and liking someone at a higher level, I’m not a kid”

“Wait, are you seeing me as a kid?” she asked

“Ah well, no..but...”

“You are” Joohyun sighed sadly “I’m not a kid, unnie. I adore Song Joong Ki oppa but that’s all, I don't want him to be my boyfriend or anything, I simply am a fan”

Seungwan nodded hesitantly, not sure how to respond to it

“But with you it’s different, I want you” Joohyun said boldly, she was going all out in conveying her feeling “So will you accept my feeling? I may be young and inexperienced but I’ll learn”

Seungwan’s jaw dropped. Her heart beat rapidly all of sudden, she didn’t prepare for this...sudden honest confession

“Can I...Can I not answer your question now?”

Joohyun bit her lips, her hope just crashed down, she felt a pain in her chest.

First confession, first rejection...

She wanted to cry right here right now “I see”

“Hey I'm not rejecting you, Hyun” Seungwan immediately said to console her “I just need time to absorb everything, this is too overwhelming for me”

But Joohyun was already in tears without her knowing, Seungwan was alarmed by it

She cupped Joohyun’s puffy cheek and wiped her tears “Don’t cry, please?”

“I..don't wanna cry *sobs* the tears coming by itself!”

Seungwan hugged her and caressed her back “I understand what you’re feeling right now, I was once in your position”

“Give me some time, I’ll figure everything out so it won't hurt us both, okay Hyun?”

Joohyun nodded in her embrace “If you’re going to reject me...”

“Shhh” Seungwan hugged her tighter “Do not think about that for now”

Honestly, she needed time to think and figure out her own feelings, also if she’s going to reject her, she should make it right, she didn’t want to make the girl hurt the way she felt before, with Yoona.

It was too painful for her.

**

A few days later

Seungwan looked at the flight ticket in her hands, and in a week she would leave for Vienna.

Yoona already left 2 days ago, she insisted on going first even though Seungwan didn’t agree. That unnie was so happy because finally she would fulfill her dream and start her new life as well.

So today, Seungwan would tell everyone about her leaving and give Joohyun a definite answer.

She had been thinking a lot about her own feelings. She was certain that somewhere in her heart she liked having joohyun around her, despite their rough beginning, she started to get comfortable with her. Sometimes she caught herself staring a little bit longer when the younger girl laughed happily.

But was it love?

She wasn’t sure about it. It was too early to call that and she believed it more into sisterly love for her. Plus she had to go in a few days. It would be stupid to start something that she wasn’t sure about and it’ll be unfair to the girl who genuinely liked to her.

**

09:00 PM, Moonshot, an hour before closing time

“Vienna??” Seulgi asked in confusion “Is it near India?”

“Stupid, it’s in Europe” Sooyoung shook her head “Are you going for holiday, Wan?”

Seungwan looked at her friends, Joohyun & Jennie, they were gathered in the kitchen “No, i’m going to fulfill my dream”

So she began telling them about her dream and Yvan’s offer but she skipped Yoona’s part in her story. She didn’t want them to know about her real reason because then she had to share a story about her family, her brother, her past. She wasn’t ready to tell them that.

Jennie squealed and hugged her “Wah, that’s so cool Wannie! When will you come back to Korea?”

Seungwan smiled while brushing the younger girl’s hair “In two years”

“Two years?” Joohyun who was quiet before finally said something

Seungwan looked at her “Yeah, what do you think?”

I think this is your way to reject me.

Joohyun faked a smile “Who am I to object?”

But Seungwan could see through her, she was disappointed and sad at the same time

“Although I’m sad, I support you buddy. When you are already famous, don't you ever forget me” Seulg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter