closer to you

Into Your World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana and Sehun were neighbors as long as Hana could remember. Sehun was born in the States before returning to South Korea when he was ten years old. Now they both are 23 years old. A good five years passed since high school graduation.  Hana and Sehun got married right after their graduation ceremony in the morning, followed by wedding vows during the night at their family lawn. Thank God they were neighbors; thus, their family broke down the fence between the two houses' backyard and made a big enough space for their garden theme wedding. It was a rush wedding since Sehun and Hana had just ended their high school life, but she knew the reason.

There is not much time left.

Not that someone going to die or dying but her fiancé slash now her husband, Oh Sehun, was leaving for the States in a week.

 

‘Lucky.’

She thought in her mind. Oh Sehun was lucky as he was born with a silver spoon and smart; thus, many overseas universities were after him. Their family was arranging this well. Knowing Sehun would leave them, his family decided to tie him down with marriage. That’s what she thought all this time and didn’t feel all gloomy about it. She was aware of how they both are to each other as Sehun didn’t show any interest in talking to her. She knew he wasn’t willing but still obeying. ‘What a good son,’ She snorts before coming across her family.  As far as Hana’s family was concerned, they convinced her that Sehun was her protector and could bring her as high as she dreamed. Her parents were protective and supportive of Sehun. Made her wonder who was their real child? Her or Oh Sehun? They also supported the marriage as the reason for her own sake.

 

‘Dumb.’

She would say, but it’s too late since a marriage vow had been exchanged between them, and she was legally married.

 

A plain yet peaceful five years passed, and Hana was in her last year in a local university. Both of their families thought that Sehun bought her to the States, but he actually didn’t. Hana didn’t follow him, and it wasn’t Sehun’s place to decide for her. Seh, it was her decision. Yes, she clearly remembers her deal with Oh Sehun on that fateful day.

 

"I don’t want to follow you…."

 

She said as she halted her steps in front of the departure hall suddenly. She was silent during their drive to the airport. She has been thinking deeply and a lot. Is this how she wants to end up? Is this what she wants to settle down for? Marrying Oh Sehun and following him everywhere despite the fact she- no, them aren’t welcoming each other? Sehun also halted his steps upon hearing her loud and clear voice as she followed behind him closely before. He turned his head, looking at her, who was nervous, and pretended to cough. A scene that you always saw in many awkward moments. She can feel his steps towards her. She raises her head to see his eyes dull as usual, but there was some dark side in it. Did he get mad?

 

"What do you want to do?"

“Um?”

 

Hana became flustered. She never expected to see Sehun serious in front of her like this. Like he was a parent asking his children what they wanted to do for life. She made sure not to sound small or weak even though her heartbeat was erratic as Sehun somehow with his stern eyes as if trying to convey, ‘try to speak more, and I will make you kneel’ that almost got he to pee in her pants. Yes, that is how mighty Oh Sehun was in front of her.

 

“Speak.”

 

He wasn’t going to give her more space and time. Of course not. The flight to the States was leaving in 15 minutes! She made sure to get a grip on herself and tried to make her voice not become cracked anytime soon. Arranging her words before saying to him.

 

"I... I have a dream! I need to do them here. In our country land."

 

Sehun was quiet, and he still stared at her before Hana continued as she was more confident upon seeing his calm reaction now rather than getting all worked up and mad at her.

 

“I don’t want to follow you, and I want to stay. I will not tell our family about this. We can meet again after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter