Chapter 14

Noise behind the closet

Sehun puts the hot chocolate mugs, that he prepared ,on the kitchen table, where they were sitting.
Baekhyun was sitting between Chanyeol and Sehun ,facing Jongdae . He looked calmer , but ready to jump out of the window, if Jongdae moved .

"I'm not gonna explain why Baekkie is scared, I'll tell the whole story from the beginning until you found me in that room." Jongdae said looking at them one by one.

Sehun and chanyeol still didn't understand why Baekhyun was so scared of Jongdae. He looked handsome , cute and kind. Jongdae said that Baekhyun recognized him, that means they knew each other. But Chanyeol is Baekhyun's best friend since elementary school, Baekhyun never mentioned a boy his age that looked like that to him.

"Baekhyun's father met my mother at the cafe she used to work at, they become friends. My mom was poor , she was an orphan. His father was poor also, married and his wife had been already pregnant."

Jongdae takes a sip from his mug and moans, it tastes so good, Sehun is the best at making hot chocolate with marshmallow on top.

 

"Anyway, one day Baekkie's father told my mom that he had an idea how to get wealthy. The idea was making a deal with a devil. At first, My mom laughed at him , like are they seriously going to go to a devil and ask him for money!? But his father explained that they'll offer their souls in exchange of the money. And not to worry because after they die they won't care what would happen to their souls, they would be already dead."

 

He posed, took another sip of his mug and looked at them . They nodded so he continued his story.

"My mom was scared because the idea was dangerous. The chance of the devil killing them was high. But your father, Baekkie, assured her that he will put protection spell on the both of them. So my mom agreed."

 

Jongdae posed for a minute again , trying his best to control his anger. Reminding himself that the one who he was angry at was dead.

"Well, like my mom expected , the devil was angry. He tried to attack Baekkie's father, but he had a protection spell on him , so he turned to my mom."

 

"Your father insisted that my mom should sit on a big bed covered in red sheets, to calm the devil, as he said! ... a beautiful lady on a bed , what do you think the devil would do? "

 

When they looked at him terrified ,he knew that they understood. He took a deep breath and continued .

 

""When the devil did what he wanted to do to my mom and calmed down , your father told him about the deal, he accepted it. That's how your father became rich suddenly. Since your father was the one proposing the deal, the devil gave wealth only to your father, leaving my mom out of it. He didn't give her money and didn't buy her soul."

 

"Your father promised to give her money from time to time since she helped him.. and he did, but so little.. it wasn't enough for two, since she got pregnant with the devil child, which is me!"

"So you're half a devil half a human?" Sehun asked looking puzzled.

 

"Yup, I am. Baekkie's father and my mom tried to kill me a couple of times but it didn't work, his father even kicked my mother's belly, but it didn't work! So his father suggested to kill me after I was born, since I'll be weak."

"After my mom gave birth to me and found me a normal human baby ,she refused to kill me.
I went to school, but for some reason kids hated me and started bullying me. I took it all in and never told my mom..until one day I was so angry that I showed them how I truly looked like. They got terrified, my mom also , so she asked for your father's help." Jongdae said looking at Baekhyun.

 

"How do you truly look?" Chanyeol said wanting to hug Jongdae. Poor child he got bullied for something that was not his fault, even before they saw his devilish look , they bullied him.

Jongdae pointed at himself, and the change started.
He became shirtless, wearing a leather black pants , he had black claws , red eyes , long fangs peaking from red lips , long tail , and cute fluffy black cat ears!

 

"Okay all scary, fangs , claws, tail and red eyes. But those cute fluffy ears! Can I touch them?" Sehun said while his fingers tips were already touching the tips of Jongdae's fluffy ears.

 

"No~ They are too sensitive! No one touched them before, only me ." Jongdae whined moving his chair closer to Chanyeol, hugging his arm, trying to get away from Sehun's fingers.

 

"Sehun Babe, leave Jongdae's ears alone. Let him continue the story." Chanyeol said looking pointedly at his boyfriend.

"So it is you!" Baekhyun said looking enchanted .
Then he took a deep breath trying to calm his heart and asked Jongdae to continue.

Jongdae went back to his spot on the table. He smiled at them then went back to the cute Jongdae they already knew.

"Your father idea was to tell my father that I was not a part of the deal, so he should take his son! Ofcourse when my mom said that to the devil, he got angry and killed her!...And refused to take me since I'm half a human. " Jongdae said pouting.

 

He knew he was close to tears , he knew that if he said one more word , he'll start crying. So he kept silent and looked at the table trying to collect his thoughts and control his feelings.

After two minutes of silence, Chanyeol asked " Why didn't the devil hurt Baekhyun's father? Why only your mom? "

 

"Because my mom was the one that spoke to him. Baekhyun's father said he had something important to do, so he can't be there with her. And because his father had a deal with my father, he can't just kill him." Jongdae said looking tired .

"And that's how I was under your father's mercy. He bought a new home and built a secret room for me ."

"So why Baekhyun's father didn't kill you after your mother's death?" Sehun said looking apologetically at Jongdae.

"Because my father told him that I'm immortal, I can't be killed.."