Blossom

Markjin Shorts

One thousand per cent powered by GOT7's 8th anniversary Instagram Live. 
Check out the
chapter before this to grasp the emotion even more ☺️

Non AU

***

 

“What are you doing here?” Jinyoung said upon answering the door.

“To see you.”

“I-I’m busy.” Such a blatant lie. The fact that he’s at home was already a giveaway that he’s not busy. He wished his hand would stop trembling. His eyes would stop drinking the sight before him.

“Are you, though?” Mark said calmly. With the deep voice that even though he heard it countless times through phone calls and video calls, would sound different in person. The voice that had managed to lull him to sleep many times before.

“We’re on a break.”

“Are you going to let me in?”

Jinyoung wanted to say no, but his brain had never learned how to do that. To Mark. So he opened the door wider, letting Mark in with his worn-out suitcase.

“You’ve been in Korea for 2 weeks?” Despite being kind of reluctant to the man showing up on his door, he was still the one who struck up a conversation. A habit.

“Are you going to scold me for not telling you?” Mark said. A small smirk etched on his face.

Jinyoung was well aware that he asked Mark not to contact him privately. Yet it still stirred something in him that the older didn’t tell him about such info. “No.” Would his hands stop trembling?! The pounding of his heart had also started making him dizzy.

Jinyoungie.”

And that’s it. That’s ing it. Just by hearing his name rolling out of the familiar mouth and perhaps the familiar scent infiltrating his nose, he lost it. He head-butted Mark against the wall, enveloping him in a rushed embrace. “Mark!”

“Jinyoungie.” A gentle palm roamed around his back. “Jinyoungie, my baby,” Mark said, circling his arms around his waist.

When they stuck together like that, literally, it made him lose his strength. Or was his fake walls crumbling? “Mark!” He let everything out, surrendering his body to the man holding his heart. He let out every single thing. In the form of tears. “‘Mark, Mark, Mark,” he sobbed out loud.

“I’m here. I’m here, babycakes. You’re okay. We’re okay.” Mark rubbed his back. That was probably an attempt to make him stop crying, but it did the opposite.

That touch had been missing from his life for a year. A long goddamn year. Time worked differently when they were separated. Each minute was more crushing than usual. “I’m sorry,” he said in between cries. “I was so stupid. I’ve missed you so much that I felt numb. And that’s why I became arrogant, thinking that I can function without you.”

“Shh, shh. It’s alright, baby.” Mark fused them tighter. “I’m here.”

He hiccuped, lifting his head from that reliable shoulder. “I love you very much.” He didn’t say ‘I love you’ to people that much because it’s awkward. But he did say that to Mark probably a hundred million times. Only because the older man deserved to know. And right now, it’s the only thing he wanted to convey. At least until he could collect his thoughts.

The smile that greeted him was a hundred watts. Bright. “I know, baby. And I know you know that I love you more than anything in this world. You’re my last breath, my life.”

Just when his hiccups had started to die down a little, Mark said something like that. He broke down in new tears, burying his face in the junction between the older man’s neck and shoulder. For a few moments, the hallway was filled with his cry only. Mark’s shirt would definitely get wrinkled with the way he scrunched it in his hands. And the shoulder area would certainly be soaking wet.

After pouring out his emotional breakdown, he raised his head to meet a set of glassy eyes. “Do you want to—did you cry?”

Mark smiled softly. “I did.”

“Oh. I-uh, I—“

“You were saying?”

“Ah, uh. Um, do you want to come in? I-I mean, sit on the sofa and have a drink. No, I m-mean—” Why did he sound like treating a guest? Mark’s not a guest.

“I want to.” Mark’s face broke out in a big grin. “I want to do anything, everything, with you, Jinyoungie.”

His cheeks felt warm from the insinuation. It’s actually innocent, still, it gave an impact. “O-okay.” He took that hand, finding out that it’s still as warm as he remembered. He then led them inside, biting his lips so he didn’t shed more tears. There were a lot of more important things than crying right now. Without breaking their linked hands, he sat on the sofa. Mark occupied the space next to him. Too close, because that’s what he always did.

“Did you rearrange your place?”

“Yes,” he said, looking down at their interlocked fingers. What kind of sorcery made it such an essential thing to do? Being able to touch soft skin was like his oxygen tank, his only way to live. “Sometimes when I get too busy, physically and um, mentally, being at home feels weird to me. So I tried redecorating to make it feel homey.”

“I like it. You’d be a good husband, Jinyoung.”

What did it mean? Did Mark say it from an outside perspective or from his own? Would Mark ever ask him to marry him? Even though he’d say no? “I’ve thought about it.”

“Being a good husband?” Mark chuckled, wiping remnants of tears from his face.

He leaned into the touch. So comforting. “N-no. I’ve thought about myself and how I can become a better lover,” he said. “I spent a week or so in Jinhae, and I got a lot of time to think about it. About me. About us. The sea in my hometown has transformed me.”

“Yeah?”

Jinyoung nodded, getting lost in dark brown eyes.

“And which Jinyoung I’m talking to right now?”

“The Jinyoung that could love you better.”

The way Mark’s face bloomed into different kinds of expressions made him feel everything was worth it. Even the break. Because the smile on that handsome face was one in a million. “I will love you better, Jinyoungah. But I need you to tell me whenever something comes up, so we can think about it together. I can only be better when you’re still by my side.”

God, he wanted to cry again. He squeezed the hand in his instead, trying to keep it in. He knew how much Mark hated seeing him cry. Setting his noisy mind aside, he tilted forward and kissed those succulent lips. Those lips that had been missing from his life. Had been haunting him day and night. Those lips that would say ‘I love you’ over and over, yet still sounded like the first time.

Jinyoung had forgotten how Mark tasted. No human could remember after a whole year being separated. But that surprisingly didn’t sadden him. The older man tasted something new, different. And he gladly learned to incorporate that into every fibre of his being once again.

He wanted to rush it, to quickly consume Mark all at once. But his body said otherwise. Moving languidly against sweet caress, he relished every second of it. Restamping the contour of Mark’s lips into his brain while running his palms all over the gorgeous face. The face that had gotten even more handsome since the last time he saw it. Mark looked more mature, independent, and ier.

The flavour of paradise dunked onto him as soon as Mark pushed his tongue inside. Still not in a rush, that wet organ danced inside without purpose. It was almost like the sole purpose of it getting inside was to reacquaintance with his own. And indeed, when they met, his stomach burst into a thousand butterflies. The warmth, the taste, the modest gesture of it blew him out of the water.

The pang in his chest got even more unbearable, so he broke the kiss. Also, since breathing had started to become difficult for him. “Mark,” he panted, sculpted cheekbones with his thumb. “I want you to find me, and save me.”

“I did,” Mark said. A benevolent smile appeared on his face. “I will always find you. I will always save you.”

“Are you staying?”

“What do you mean?”

Jinyoung realised the weight of his question, flushing all over. They just reconciled, for god sake! “A-are you staying in my place? But you must have already booked a room, right?” He looked down at his socked feet. It’s still cold even in late February.

“I spent two weeks already in a hotel. I don’t think I could bear it much more. So I kinda took the chance and didn’t book a room. Hoping you’ll let me stay.”

It’s rather futile to fight the corners of his mouth from forming a curl, so he let it be. “What if I won’t let you?”

“I’ll have to crash at one of the maknaes, I guess. Jaebeom is off-limits. He has five cats! Milo won’t let me live after.”

Jinyoung giggled. This was nice. Talking like this, it was nice. “I don’t know how many times I’ve said it, but I’ve missed you.” He relinked their hands in a tight lock, not wanting to let go.

“Say it again. I won’t mind,” Mark said, chuckling. “But I rather you not because now I’m here. You don’t have to miss me anymore.”

“Hm.”

“By the way, I didn’t expect you to be sneaky.” A small smirk on Mark’s face.

“Sneaky?”

“With the new phone I gave you,” Mark explained. “I wasn't even sure you wanna accept it, to be honest. But suddenly, my Twitter was flooded with your mirror selca. I was over the moon, Jinyoungie. I’m happier than ever.”

Jinyoung knew his face must be red right now, damn blood. “I didn’t open your gift until I came to my inner peace. But I did bring it to Jinhae. And once I found out what I’m looking for, what I’ve been trying to comprehend, I dared to open it,” he said. “Ah, speaking of that, I haven’t properly thanked you for that.”

“You can thank me now.” The way Mark’s eyes glinted with mischievousness made his inside tingled. He missed goofing around with Mark.

“And by that you don’t mean a simple ‘thank you’, right?” His smiley face must be looking weird with the red and puffy eyes.

“I didn’t say that,” Mark said. “But that doesn't mean I won’t accept anything other than that.”

“Silly boy.” He gave a peck to those awaiting lips, lingering for seconds only because it felt nice. “Thank you. For everything. Not just the phone.”

“You’re welcome, Jinyoungie.”

“And now the world knows we have a couple phones.”

“So?”

“I feel kind of adventurous. Like we're dropping hints for the fans to pick up and make a conclusion. I didn’t know you’d react that fast, though” he said, giggling. “But that post made me smile.”

“It did?”

“Yes.”

“Thank you for video calling me, by the way. Before our Instagram live.” Mark grinned, bumping their noses together. “I was a bit caught off guard. I thought since we were on a break you didn’t wanna do that.”

Jinyoung exhaled a little. “My body went on autopilot. In fact, I constantly found my thumb hovering over your number several times before I realised that we’re not doing that anymore.”

“Fans called me whipped,” Mark said with gloomy eyes. It almost made Jinyoung worried if it was not because of the rogue smile that came across his face after.

“Are you?”

“I’m beyond whipped. I couldn’t hide my happiness when I heard your voice again. See your face again. I believe I wasn’t the one, though.” Mark waggled his eyebrows.

“Are you implying that I was the same?” Jinyoung raised his eyebrows, faking an offended expression. That night he felt like a schoolgirl about to meet the crush. Popping and unpopping his shirt button only because he wasn't sure which kind of style would look better.

“Jaebeom kept giving you suspicious glances, you know.” Mark tutted, giggling a little.

Jinyoung tsk-ed. “Yeah, that old man. I told him to shut up, but he wouldn’t listen.”

“I should thank him, though.”

“Jaebeom?”

“Yes. For keeping you safe. For keeping you in the best condition you can be. For keeping you company when I wasn’t there.”

The hint of sadness coloured the older man’s face. “Mark.”

“I asked him to do that. Before I left. And he’s been doing a great job.”

“You may have to feed his cats for the entire year,” he joked, smiling.

“Fine by me. As long as you’re safe, I’ll do anything.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too, Jinyoungie. I love you so much that I have to sacrifice all the good things for our better future. I hope you understand.”

“I’ve understood it now, Mark. I’m sorry it took some time. I hope I didn’t hurt you too much.”

“No, baby.” Mark kissed his cheek. “Although, I still thought that it should be me. The one who's sitting next to you during the live.”

Jinyoung caressed that soft raven hair. “We’re doing it now.”

“Mm-hm.”

“I don’t know how you could look that y at 6 in the morning, though. I mean, that’s always been a mystery to me,” Jinyoung said, pouting. His boyfriend always looked good, even at ungodly hours. Even when he only had two hours of sleep. It’s amazing.

“y? Did you find my voice y too?”

Jinyoung’s eyes widened. “W-what?? Why so suddenly??”

“Well, I remember your weakness, which is my morning voice.”

“My morning voice is your weakness too!”

Mark threw his head back, laughing. “I never said it wasn’t. In fact, did you notice that I keep my blanket around me all the time during the live?”

“Your blanket?” He remembered Mark doing the Instagram live while still on the bed. He also remembered Milo sleeping behind him. Oh. Oh yes, Mark did. That dark grey duvet. “Mark…”

Mark pinched his cheek. “You’re so cute when you’re thinking.”

“Is it what I think it is?”

“If you think that I used the blanket to hide my , then yes, it is what you think it is.”

Jinyoung gasped. Scandalised. “Mark Tuan! We were in public! We were greeting our fans! Like 250k fans were watching, and yet you were, you were… Oh my god!”

Instead of feeling guilty, his boyfriend let out another peal of laughter. “Calm down, baby boy! I don’t think no one thinks about that! Well, perhaps one or two ert shippers who are probably whipping out a fanfiction as we speak. Other than that, no one will notice!”

“Still, you should keep that down!”

“Keep my down? Since when I can do that when you’re around?”

Jinyoung slapped his boyfriend’s arm. “Stop it!”

“You sure?” Mark grabbed his hand, guiding it to his front.

Jinyoung launched off of the sofa. “Wait!!!!!”

“Jinyoung?”

“T-That thing, that, uh, that kind of thing. I mean, can we not. Not that. I-I, uh,” he stammered all the way.

“Are you okay?”

How could he tell Mark that he wasn't ready for that? He could barely believe that Mark was here. Let alone think about that far. Not that he didn’t want to, because kid him not, he’d been dreaming about reconnecting with Mark in a thousand different ways. But the reality was never one to be a friend, it seemed like. In reality, he was insecure. Despite him himself a lot of times, thinking about Mark, he had no idea how to do it after all these times.

Would Mark find him attractive? Would Mark still like his body? Would he be able to satisfy his boyfriend? What if he finished too fast?

“You’re overthinking again,” Mark said, getting up from the sofa. They’re now on an eye-level again.

“I-I’m not,” he lied. “I mean, not that much.”

“I’m sorry. I was insensitive. I should’ve not done that, especially since we just see each other after a while.”

“No! You don’t have to say sorry!” Jinyoung, you messed up again.

“I had to. I overstepped the border.”

There was a border between them? “No, Mark. I’m sorry. I reacted too much. I was just surprised. The idea of having you here in the flesh is already too big for my mind right now, so anything beyond that is still not processed enough. G-give me time, it’ll come through.”

Mark sent him the gentlest smile he’d seen in a year. “There are so many things we wanna do, yeah? We can do it one by one. I’m here for a month.”

“You’re here for a month??!” Jinyoung couldn’t help shrieking. This morning he’d still go on youtube watching their Instagram live video just so he could relive the moment of being able to talk with Mark again. And now, the man he wanted the most said he’d stay in Korea for a month. God spoiled him too much.

“Too long?”

“No!!” If he could, he wished Mark would never leave his side anymore.

“I hope you won’t get bored waking up to my face every day for a month.”

“Like I could do that. Getting bored of your face, I mean.”

Mark chuckled. “Good. Now sit back down. I wanna cuddle.”

Jinyoung’s heart swelled. He was so lucky. The universe worked really weirdly, too weird for his liking, but it’s still working. He’d take anything as long as there's Mark in the picture. “Please stay in the picture.”

Mark tilted his head to the side. “Picture?”

“Ah, nothing. Lie down."

“Huh?”

“Lie down. You said you wanna cuddle?” The way Mark’s face turned into a hundred light bulbs warmed his heart like no other. Once again he was reminded that they’re meant to be. No matter what happened or what would happen. That’s just them. “I love you, Mark Tuan.”

 

 

***

 

I couldn't keep them sad, it seemed like. I'm that ert shipper btw. Thanks Mark.