Posy

Markjin Shorts

Written for Mark Tuan's Paris Fashion Week ^^

Model and Singer AU


***

“Hi.” A low honey-like voice disrupted Mark’s concentration on the game he’s playing on the phone.

He looked up and was greeted by a face, that even though it was not what he expected, it’s nowhere near a letdown. The man standing before him was very attractive, Asian like him, with a set of lively monolid eyes, and lips that matched his eyebrows. Thick. He’s wearing a light blue suit with nothing underneath, a glimpse of a manly chest was visible. “Yes?” He was surprised to find his voice came out normal after being floored by such gorgeousness.

“Ah, no, I’m just… um…” The man rubbed his nape, looking somewhat nervous. “I saw that you’ve been playing with your phone, so I thought maybe, maybe, you’re not interested in the after-party,” he said. “Like I am.”

This man could be an audiobook narrator, and he’d listen to it all day. That’s how delicious his voice was. “You’re not interested in the party? You’re a model, right?” The information didn't sit right with Mark, a model who didn’t want to be in an after-party. As far as he knew, models dug this kind of thing like second nature.

“Yeah…” The man nodded softly. “I know what you think. You must’ve thought that all models like parties.” He smiled, showing off a cute set of teeth (if teeth could be called cute) and creases on the outer corner of his eyes.

“Wow…”

“Excuse me?”

Mark felt like a , voicing out his mind like that. But the sight that he just witnessed was beyond what he had seen in life. “Ah, sorry.” He ducked his head in shame. Brain frantically asked not to embarrass himself in front of eye candy like this man. “And, umm, sorry if I offended you or anything, but yes, I thought all models like after-parties, or at least used to it.”

“No worries, I get that sometimes.” The smile appeared again and Mark might have hyperventilated on the spot. “By the way, pardon me for not introducing myself earlier. I’m Jinyoung.” The model stretched out his hand for a handshake.

“Hi, Jji-nyeong. I’m Mark.” He probably butchered the pronunciation, but still, he took the hand and shook it gently, liking the confident grip from the model.

The model, Jinyoung, giggled, covering his mouth with the hand that Mark just shook. “It’s Jin-Young,” he repeated with sparkly eyes.

So Mark did butcher the name. And he should’ve been worried that Jinyoung might not have liked it. Instead, he enjoyed the glitters in those pretty eyes, almost forgetting that they’re still engaged in a conversation. “Uh, oh, I’m sorry. It’s um… Jin…Young?”

“Yes, that’s correct, Mark.”

Mark was in awe. Never before did his name sound that alluring. “So you were watching me?”

People said he’s too quiet. Some even said talking to him was no different than talking to a wall. But all of them agreed on one thing. Once he talked, he was blunt, sometimes brutally honest. It’s not like he planned it or anything. It’s up to his brain to command. And for now, his brain seemed to be curious about a piece of information Jinyoung might have accidentally shared earlier.

The shy hair-tuck accompanied with a bashful smile decorating Jinyoung told him that he might have hit it home. He regretted nothing.

“I did…” Jinyoung’s eyelashes fluttered prettily. Mark squealed internally. Models and their exquisite visuals. “I hope you don’t find it annoying?”

“Well, I didn’t realize that you’re watching, so it’s okay. But I wish I did, though.” Mark grinned, sensing something from the pink tint of the man before him. He might as well make the party more fun.

Jinyoung tilted his head to the side. “Why?”

“So I can come to you, and we can talk way sooner,” he said, pulling up his lips in a smirk.

The model did not react at first, seemingly processing the info. A few seconds after, the corner of his lips tugged up into a smile. “I’d love that.”

“It’s alright. We have all the time in the world right now.”

“True.” Jinyoung stepped closer, now they’re only a step away from each other. “I’ve never seen you around?”

“Because this is my first fashion week. I’m not even a model.” Mark shrugged his shoulders. “Hence, the intense connection with my phone.”

Jinyoung’s eyes went big. It’s really cute. “You’re not a model??”

“Nope.”

“I thought you’re Balenciaga’s new model!” Those pretty eyes kept widening. “Are you an actor? Where are you from?”

“I’m not an actor either, and I’m from the US.”

“Oh, I thought you’re from China.”

“I get that sometimes.” Mark winked, copying Jinyoung’s words. “I’m Taiwanese-American, so you’re not entirely wrong. Although my grandparents would definitely argue with you about Taiwan being part of China. But that’s for tomorrow.” He chuckled softly. “I’m a singer, by the way.”

“A singer? Oh wow, are you like an idol?”

“You can say that…”

“Can you sing for me?” Jinyoung bounced on his heels, beaming. Mark did not know where that came from, they’re literally just met five minutes ago, and now he’s being asked to sing? But the way Jinyoung lit up made his heart stir in pride. Like he’s worth it.

He inhaled a deep breath. “There’s only one out of a million, only one, oh am I the one… I’ve been in the zone ever since you showed up, only one, oh you are the one, out of a million…

Jinyoung’s mouth went into a shape of ‘O’ before he clapped with those adorable creases on his eyes. “That’s good! I want to listen to the full version!”

“Well, go to your Apple Music then,” Mark joked, giggling.

“I will!”

“Oh, well, t-thank you.” He didn’t mean to stutter, but the brightness of Jinyoung’s face blinded him.

And then the next one hour passed by unnoticed by Mark, as he dipped into an exciting conversation with Jinyoung. The latter was such a great companion, talked when he had to talk, and listened to what Mark said with careful eyes. As if he didn’t want to miss any word.

“Ah, it’s my manager,” Mark informed, his phone buzzing in his hand. “Give me a few sec?” He slipped away from their bubble, answering the call. “Hey, Bambam?”

“Mark, it’s time to go. The fitting schedule for Maison Margiela is being pushed up to one hour from now. I’ll see you outside.”

“Oh, okay. Be right up.” He ended the call, suddenly feeling a little fidgety.

“Something came up?” Jinyoung asked, resting his hand on Mark’s arm.

One thing Mark noticed while spending time with Jinyoung, among many things, was that he’s a complete haptic person. Skinship started five minutes into their conversation. Mark was usually skittish about skinship, especially with strangers. However, with Jinyoung, he kept wishing that the model never lifted his hand off his body. Anywhere’s fine, as long as it stayed on him.

“Yeah, a fitting schedule just got pushed up.” He faced Jinyoung. “I gotta go.” The hint of disappointment in his voice startled him. And the way Jinyoung’s face fell upon hearing the info made him feel worse.

“Oh, okay…” Jinyoung smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes.

“See you at another after-party?” Mark knew he sounded too hopeful, but he did want to see Jinyoung again, preferably soon.

“This is my last one,” Jinyoung revealed. Mark thought he saw a sombre colour in his eyes. “I gotta head up for the airport tonight.”

“Where are you going?”

“New York.”

“Give me your number,” Mark asked boldly, not caring what Jinyoung might think. At least for this second, if the latter decided to slap him or stomp away from him for being a creep, then it’s another story.

Jinyoung did none of those. He grabbed his phone, and from what he could see from his standpoint, the model was saving his number. A few fiddles later, the model handed back the phone. A mischievous grin on his face.

“You have to find my number. I didn’t save it under the name Jinyoung.”

Mark smirked, liking this devastatingly handsome model not only because of his looks but also the quality of his personality. Which said a lot since they hadn’t met that long. He wanted nothing but to learn more about that dimple, that close-lipped laugh, and maybe the reason why Jinyoung always covered his mouth when he laughed. He wanted to know all about this particular model.

“I’ll find it in a heartbeat.”

“Great, because I expect you to text me right after.”

“It’s so nice to meet you, Jjinyeoung.” That name might be his new favourite word, butchered or not.

Jinyoung giggled, eyes turned into crescents. “Nice to meet you too, Mark.”

For a second Mark was content with the time they’d spent talking and wished nothing but more of that later. But when soft lips pressed against his cheek, those weren’t valid anymore. Something had emerged from deep inside him, demanding attention. It couldn’t just be appeased with cute talk.

“Sorry,” Jinyoung apologised, head ducked down. “I can’t help myself…”

“, what are you, Jinyoung? Why do you make my heart go wild?” He asked out loud, pulling the model closer by his suit jacket’s collar. “You don’t kiss me and run away. You must know that.”

“I won’t. And that’s why you have to text me and call me.”

“I will. And as creepy as it sounds, I’ll hunt you down in New York.”

“Please, I can’t wait,” Jinyoung smirked, leaning closer and closer until they’re just a breath away. “I like you, Mark.”

Mark would totally freak out if it’s someone else, some model that’s basically a stranger, and given his nature had probably slept with all the men in the room. But it’s Jinyoung. He didn’t even know his last name yet, but he knew that the feeling was mutual.

“I like you, too, Jinyoung.” Mark pulled back, before swinging around. “Don’t speak with other men in this party. Go back to the hotel or something.”

The view of Jinyoung laughing was the last scene he saw before he exited the room and off to the next schedule. All the while having a constant replay of melodic laugh, and a touch of a soft hand.

 

 

***

 

 

“Hey, I hope you haven’t forgotten me,” Mark said with a light joke.

“I literally couldn’t stop pacing back and forth waiting for your call,” Jinyoung replied over the phone.

“My manager confiscated my phone,” he cried. “He said I kept looking at it, and it’s not polite to the designer.”

“So, how long did it take for you to find my number?”

“In a heartbeat, as I said. There isn’t anyone in my contact that goes under ‘Park Me’ aside from one person, you know…” Mark chuckled.

The musical laugh grazed his ears once more, and by now, he swore to himself not to ever give up on that. “I thought it’s witty.”

“It is. So, what does it mean?”

“My last name is Park. And I might have wanted you to park me if you catch my drift…”

Mark paused. What did Park Me mean? Park him like he’s a car? Park him where? Park me, park me, park— “Jinyoung, if it’s what I think it is, I’m running to the airport right now.”

“What do you think it is?” Jinyoung had this amused tone in his voice, and Mark could easily imagine those three whisker lines on his face.

“Well, park sounded like, uh, please don’t hate me, I swear this is all my mind can provide right now.”

“Go ahead.”

“Park sounds like, um… .”

“And?”

“Park Me becomes me.”

“And?”

“I’d love to do that.”

“And?”

“I’ll do it as soon as we meet. You’re gonna regret teasing me like this, Jinyoung.”

A hearty laugh swam into his ears pleasantly, almost like mocking, but it’s still a nice one to hear. “Come meet me in New York, then,” Jinyoung said after finished laughing. “I’ll let you park me.”

Mark thought an after-party wasn’t his thing, especially with his newfound modelling career. Everything was still foreign. But who would’ve thought that one foreign aspect from the party would make him anticipate the upcoming days like he used to do as a kid waiting for Christmas? All with only a simple ‘hi’ and a winsome smile. People would say it’s way too early, but no, he’s keeping Jinyoung. He must have him. “Consider it done.”

 

 

***