special chapter

bullseye (you shot my heart)

 

“I want to have a baby,”

 

Yujin quite expected for Minjoo to finally say that, actually. However, she was surprised at how the older woman casually and randomly blurted her desire in the middle of watching Pitch Perfect instead of dragging her to the kitchen, and have a serious talk with her as they eat dinner.

 

The fencer almost choked on her vanilla ice cream, looking at her wife who was sitting beside her, snuggling on her side comfortably as she rested her head on her shoulders. Yujin went tense, glancing at Minjoo — the older woman wasn’t even looking at her, just staring at the television screen but she looked serious, there was no hint of playfulness on her face.

 

Yujin blinked, gulping as she took another scoop of ice cream then ate it, not forgetting to feed her wife. However, she remained mum, not answering or responding to what Minjoo had just said out of the blue. Not even a word.

 

Well, you see. It had been months since Minjoo was starting to drop subtle hints that she wanted to level up their relationship — Minjoo wanted to have a child, she wanted to enter the stage of parenthood with Yujin. And of course, the younger woman clearly got the hint but she never said anything.

 

For the past months, Minjoo kept visiting orphanages often to donate and spend time with the kids there. Yujin noticed the longing glint in her wife’s eyes as she looked at the children, she had always noticed it whenever they paid a visit. And whenever they were in the mall, Minjoo would drag her to the baby section and stare lovingly at the accessories for children there; baby clothes, bottles, socks, cribs, toys — just everything. Even in grocery stores, Minjoo would suddenly take a pack of milk for babies and read its label.

 

Yujin also caught Minjoo browsing through a website for baby products, checking them, and cooing at them. It never went unnoticed to Yujin’s keen eyes, especially when they were on a date or simply out and a couple would pass by with a child — Minjoo would smile as she admired them, obviously envious but happy.

 

Minjoo wasn’t really being subtle to it, actually. She was literally obvious enough. She would watch cute baby videos, show it to Yujin, and ask if they were cute. She would also purposely say something that never failed to make Yujin tense like when they were talking with their older friends who had kids and they would tease them, Minjoo would always retort, “Soon. We’re going to have our own, right, Yuj?”

 

Yeah, Minjoo was literally dropping hints right in front of her salad but Yujin had yet to say or do something to it. She and Minjo actually talked about it a couple of times before, when they were still not married — however, that topic became a little bit… unheard of after they tied the knot. Minjoo never talked with her about that anymore and instead, she was just waiting for Yujin to move after indirectly telling her that she wanted to enter that stage already.

 

It seemed like Minjoo was running out of patience, and everyone knew that Minjoo was one of the most cool tempered people in the world. Yujin was aware of that. But yet…

 

Look, it wasn’t like that! Yujin was also good with it! She knew that her wife adored children and would love to have and raise one with Yujin. God, Yujin always imagined having children with her dearest Minjoo — and it was one of her biggest dreams.

 

A big, sweet dream that she would be able to achieve if she wasn’t being a huge coward.

 

Yujin was reluctant. Not in a bad way though, she wanted children because she knew that it was the only missing puzzle piece. And this would make her and Minjoo feel happy and complete. But she wasn’t ready… wait, was that even the right term? She wasn’t scared of the idea of having a baby with Minjoo, it even made her feel the happiest, and there were butterflies in her stomach whenever she thought of having a little one with them in their house.

 

However, she was terrified. She was terrified that she might disappoint Minjoo. She was scared that she wouldn’t do well as a mother for their child. She was overthinking about that. Yujin wasn’t really good at taking care of kids, and she was more than afraid that because of her lack of fondness for children — she would not do great.

 

Meanwhile, Minjoo was so ready to have a little plus one. She loved kids. She adored them so much.

 

Yujin didn’t have any excuse except for her shameful cowardice. They were in the perfect age to have a child. And they were married for almost three years already.

 

They got married two years after graduating from SNU. Minjoo didn’t enter law school to pursue her law career further because she decided to focus on her real passion which was archery. She became a terrifying professional archer that was always in competitions and bagging the gold medals and trophies — last Olympics, she won two gold medals. Yujin was the same, she pursued fencing and vlogging on the side but lately, she was thinking of continuing being an architect.

 

The both of them were currently very successful athletes despite the controversy in their first Olympics. It was literal madness. Some sponsors dropped them but a lot more sponsors offered — the reaction was divided but in the end, people started to move on and accept. Because of that, the couple became stronger together. Yujin’s parents didn’t like the stunt their daughter pulled that day but Yujin did not care but now, her family was accepting and defeated.

 

They were the infamous ‘Olympian Couple’. Everybody loved them.

 

Okay, back to the baby issue.

 

Yujin and Minjoo have both well established lives and they could definitely support their precious child. Everything was ready and perfect, except for Yujin. Still reluctant. Uhh. Maybe give her a little time to think?

 

Minjoo pouted at her side but Yujin did not notice, just eating her ice cream while staring at the running television but obviously not in her right mind, definitely in a very deep thought.

 

The archer just swallowed her disappointment, snuggling closer to her wife.

 

***

 

Minjoo noticed it. Yujin was starting to get distant after what happened that certain night when she said she wanted a baby.

 

It wasn’t a secret that Minjoo wanted to have a child with Yujin because it was the only missing thing for them to build a little family. So she was already trying to drop some clues that she was more than prepared for that stage already.

 

However, it looked like it wasn’t the same for Yujin. Before, Yujin always said that she wanted to have a kid with Minjoo too. It was still clear as a day in Minjoo’s mind on how Yujin would smile sweetly at her whenever the topic of having a child entered their conversation before.

 

But now… why was Yujin being reluctant about it?

 

Maybe they should really talk about it soon. However, Yujin was being a little bit busy these days that Minjoo couldn’t even spend time with her. The fencer was always on her phone, always scrolling through her screen with a serious look on her face — but whenever Minjoo would take a peek, as if Yujin could already feel her — the latter would immediately press the home button, leaving Minjoo clueless.

 

There were times that Yujin was also focused on her laptop, and it was not video games nor she was editing for her vlogs. Minjoo couldn’t tell because Yujin would eye her weirdly if she was being too near her laptop, and would turn down the screen if she was close to her. It was getting weird but Minjoo shrugged it off.

 

Lately, Yujin was always out too, saying that she would just go and practice fencing but Chaewon mentioned once that they spotted her wife in a bookstore. And what the hell was she doing there? Minjoo also let it pass but she was getting really worried. Heck, she was afraid to confront Yujin about it.

 

Instead of spending time with her, watching movies and all like they always do — Yujin insisted on practicing fencing in their small arena located in the backyard or working out even though there wasn’t competition or anything. Minjoo could only gaze at her wife from the window, not really knowing what to do.

 

She tried to ask their friends about it. Yujin was acting weird but the others didn’t notice anything off with her, especially Yena who was equally clueless at her best friend’s sudden actions.

 

Minjoo was seriously getting worried. She was terrified that Yujin was… seeing someone else. Look, she knew her wife so well. Yujin would never cheat. She was never the type, and swore to God, Ahn Yujin was the most loyal person on this planet but her recent actions were messing Minjoo’s mind up and she couldn’t help but to think of the possibilities.

 

Distance. Lies. Secrets.

 

Was Yujin’s feelings for her fading already? , Minjoo wouldn’t be able to handle that! She couldn’t live without Yujin. Was she really cheating on Minjoo? The archer couldn’t even breathe whenever she thought of that.

 

She would lie down, awake, and eyes on the ceiling of their room as Yujin slept beside her peacefully. Minjoo couldn’t get enough sleep because of overthinking. It was getting out of hand. She turned around and saw Yujin’s sleeping face, looking like an angel.

 

Minjoo lowered her gaze and she saw Yujin’s hand, their wedding ring was still on her ring finger. Tomorrow. She would definitely confront her. She didn’t like this… she wanted to be enlightened. Yujin’s actions were getting into her and she was hating it.

 

When Minjoo woke up, Yujin wasn’t beside her anymore. That made her panic a bit since she couldn’t feel any presence in the whole house — she had a feeling that Yujin was out. She immediately sat up, and exited the master’s bedroom, searching and calling for Yujin but her wife wasn’t answering.

 

She then checked her phone, seeing that Yujin had a text and it was twenty minutes ago. In the message, it was indicated that she had a morning jog and was going somewhere; she would be home by lunch though.

 

Minjoo pursed her lips, almost throwing her phone. She felt like crying, seriously. These activities were so ing suspicious!

 

The archer did not eat breakfast and just walked straight to the shooting range, letting her frustration out by shooting arrows. It wasn’t too effective but it helped to calm her down.

 

By the time she finally lowered down her aching and numbing arm, finally stopping from shooting arrows — it was already almost lunch. With a tired huff, Minjoo placed the bow on the rack before walking back to the house, going to prepare food for her and her wife.

 

She just cooked a simple lunch in silence. And while she was cooking, she readied herself for the worse. They really needed to deal with this problem as soon as possible or Minjoo would die out of worry and panic.

 

When Yujin reached home, she looked normal. Minjoo was tempted to cling onto her and sniff her clothes to check if there was another scent of a woman lingering but she held herself back, just preparing the food silently — not even greeting the fencer.

 

“Hmm. What did you cook?” Yujin asked softly, walking to her side.

 

Minjoo did not say anything, taking the plates then walked past her wife. Yujin blinked, scratching her head before approaching the table.

 

Both of them ate silently. It was eerie and uncomfortable. Yujin kept glancing at Minjoo, looking a little bit worried and oblivious. Minjoo took a bite of the food she ate before harshly dropping the spoon on the table with a loud clatter which made the younger woman flinch.

 

The archer leaned on her seat, glaring at Yujin, crossing her arms. “Are you seeing someone, Yujin?”

 

Yujin’s eyes almost popped out from its sockets, almost choking on her food. “W-What?” She stammered as if she heard something ridiculous.

 

Minjoo bitterly smiled, tears were already forming in her eyes but she tried to look strong, holding those petty tears back. “I’m asking you if you’re seeing someone,” She hissed, tone laced with venom. “If you haven’t noticed then I have. You’re acting strange and distant, always out of the house and on your phone.” She explained briefly.

 

Yujin’s brows furrowed, meeting in the middle, looking speechless. Minjoo took a sharp intake of breath, her heart was shattering already.

 

“Just… just tell me what the hell is wrong, Yujin-ah.” Minjoo finally gave up, her voice cracked and her shoulders went slump, a tear slipped out from her eye and Yujin was stunned, a moment later; panic washed over her.

 

Yujin stood up from her seat, and sat on the other chair beside Minjoo then scooted closer — reaching for her hand, leaning closer to her. Her expression was sad, confused, surprised, and amused at the same time. Minjoo couldn’t tell, she wanted to cry already.

 

“Baby, no,” Yujin started off with a soft, gentle voice. “It’s not what you think. Please, stop crying.”

 

Minjoo sniffled, glaring at her wife. “Then what!? I remained silent for weeks but you still continued acting like that.” hissed the older woman. “Other than cheating on me, I have nothing to think of, Yujin!”

 

Yujin on her lower lip, tightly holding Minjoo’s hand, not backing out to their intense eye-contact. Her eyes held sincerity though, glimmering. “Look, I,” She sighed, conflicted on how to explain the situation which made Minjoo narrow her eyes. “God, Kim Minjoo. First of all, I will never, ever cheat on you. I’ll rather kill myself.” said the woman with flames in her eyes.

 

Minjoo’s heart skipped a beat.

 

“Second of all, I’m really sorry that I made you think like that. I made you feel upset. Ah, I’m such a fool. I’m really sorry, my love,” Yujin continued, biting her lower lip.

 

The archer did not say anything, just listening while sniffling adorably and cutely, slowly getting enlightened and convinced that Yujin was not really committing infidelity or anything. It was just Minjoo who thought of that absurd idea.

 

“And to explain why I’m so busy and distant these days is because… I’m thinking and well, studying,” Yujin paused, looking away, and blushing so hard. Minjoo blinked at her, raising her brow.

 

“Studying what?” murmured the older woman.

 

Yujin glanced at her, the tips of her ears were flaring red, obviously shy. “I,” She her own lower lip before finally continuing to enlighten Minjoo. “I’m doing intensive research and collecting knowledge on how to be a good parent for our future child…” Yujin revealed, blushing harder.

 

Silence. There was silence. Minjoo stared at her wife, dumbfounded. Yujin couldn’t even hold eye contact anymore. She was so embarrassed but she continued to elaborate anyway.

 

It was true. She was studying, observing, and learning how to be a great mother. The reason why she was so occupied with her phone was because she kept visiting tons of websites about parenting and pregnancies too — she was also watching different kinds of vlogs about how to be a nice parent, reading books about children; dos and don’ts, and about how to be an effective parent for dummies, that was why she was always in bookstores nowadays.

 

Heck, she was always visiting group forums for first time mothers! She was a member of this certain group chat too with other moms that happily gave her tips and other stuff, answering her curious questions. Yujin had also visited some nursery schools and awkwardly asked some moms there, also observing how they handle their kids from afar.

 

Yujin also strolled around the mall, checking some shops for children and grinning to herself like a crazy woman as she imagined her and Minjoo buying these things for their baby.

 

And at the same time, while in the process, she was mentally preparing herself. She knew it would be hard to be a parent but she wanted to be well prepared and stocked a lot of knowledge in her brain.

 

Finally, once Yujin was done explaining her side — Minjoo immediately slapped her wife’s arm with a scoff, making the latter yelp, rubbing her arm with a pout. Seriously, she did not mean to upset and worry Minjoo.

 

“I can’t believe you,” Minjoo mumbled with a deep sigh but she was relieved and somehow, also very touched that Yujin was making a lot of effort for that matter.

 

Yujin’s pout turned into a smile. “I can’t believe it either, but I want our future baby to experience the best, and you too. So I’m gathering knowledge. You know me, babe, I’m not great at handling kids…” whined the younger woman.

 

Minjoo turned to her wife, her eyes became soft, and she wasn’t crying anymore — there were still residue tears in her eyes but it wasn’t serious, just tears of relief and joy. She squeezed Yujin’s hand. “It’s very heartwarming that you’re doing your best to study how to be a perfect parent for our future child but geez Yujin. You worried me, really.”

 

The fencer took a deep breath, shaking her head in amusement. “I just don’t know how to say it to you so I kept it a secret. It’s embarrassing.”

 

Glaring at Yujin, Minjoo let out a snort. “No, it’s not.” She softly responded then added, “Yujin-ah. I know that you’ll be a great parent, even though you lack experience. I do too, y’know? I’m just good with kids but in general, I’m also inexperienced as well. We can learn how to be good parents for our child together through experience or study together. As long as we have each other then we’ll try to be the best.”

 

Yujin looked like a guilty puppy, looking at her wife with big rounded, sparkly eyes while her lower lip was jutted out. Minjoo almost cooed at her.

 

Hmm. Minjoo could breathe now. She finally knew what was behind Yujin’s recent actions, heh, she was a little bit embarrassed and guilty that she thought of Yujin cheating. Oh her little meow meow.

 

But anyway! Since they finally solved their little problem…

 

Minjoo her lower lip, leaning closer to Yujin with eyes full of anticipation. “So…” She started off after a few moments of silence and smiling to each other. Yujin just raised her brows. “Do you also want to have a child?”

 

Yujin looked at her wife as if she was ridiculous. “Of course, I do, I’ve always wanted to. If I don’t, I won’t be making an effort like this, honey. At first, well, I’ll admit... I think I wasn’t ready because I don’t have enough knowledge,” She paused, scratching her brow. “But now that I’m prepared. Let’s talk about it.” continued the younger woman with a soft smile plastered on her lips.

 

The older woman almost squealed. Yujin went back to her seat and continued eating the food her wife prepared, the same for Minjoo. The married couple then happily talked about having a child soon, suggesting, and planning.

 

“Adoption, of course, it’s on the top list,” Minjoo responded when Yujin asked about ‘how’, taking a napkin from the side then wiped her lips. “But I want to experience pregnancy…” Her voice trailed off.

 

Yujin swallowed the food she was slowly chewing, her mind running. “Ah yeah, it’s possible to this day,” She said, not having ill feelings or anything; even liking the suggestion too. “Something like Reciprocal IVF?”

 

Minjoo nodded with a big smile. “Yes. I did some research.” It could be pricey but money wasn’t a problem for the both of them. They were well off enough.

 

The fencer finished up her food, her heart fluttering when she saw how excited her wife was. “Alright. I’m more than good with it. I don’t mind anything as long as it will make you happy, my love,” She replied with a lopsided grin.

 

Minjoo’s gaze softened.

 

The couple then continued talking throughout the lunch then checked some websites afterwards, gaining more information about stuff like IVF, surrogacy, adoption, etc.. Yujin did not say much since she fully trusted Minjoo’s decision, whatever her wife wanted then that was what she wanted too. No matter what, Yujin would take care of her lovely wife and their soon to be kid.

 

By the end of the day, Minjoo chose Reciprocal IVF with determined eyes, wanting to experience pregnancy. She would carry the baby, and Yujin was alright with it — she panicked a little bit about it though, mentally reminding herself to study about pregnancy the next day.

 

***

 

Minjoo was six weeks pregnant and Yujin was doing her best for her wife to have a smooth, comfortable pregnancy period.

 

The IVF process wasn’t really that hard, although it took a little bit time and stuff to arrange — it was successful as expected. Finally, they were here.

 

At first, everyone was surprised at the couple’s decisions but ultimately cheered for them, happy, especially Yena who wanted a niece to spoil. Because of that, Chaewon and Yena were also thinking whether they should do IVF too or adopt instead in the near future.

 

“Minjoo-ah! You’re pregnant, you can’t shoot arrows!” Yujin yelped, rushing to her wife who was at the shooting range, drawing the bow already. Minjoo let the bowstring and the arrow landed on the nine. She turned to her younger wife with a chuckle.

 

“Hey, I asked the doctor if it’s okay to do archery, just a little bit of archery — she told me yes so stop overreacting, love.” Minjoo retorted with a snort, chuckling as she placed the bow on the table.

 

Yujin wasn’t convinced. “Even so! You might strain yourself. Let’s go back inside and watch Netflix movies instead.” She suggested, gently wrapping her arm around her wife’s waist, her gaze lowering down to her barely taut stomach.

 

Minjoo pouted but she was moved that her wife was being her usual caring self. When Minjoo was finally pregnant, Yujin became a lot more careful and caring — she was always exaggerating and panicky. She knew that Yujin was just taking care of her but sometimes, it was getting too much.

 

Whenever Minjoo was going through her usual morning sickness, it felt like Yujin was the one who was suffering from it, not her. When her fatigue struck her, Yujin would immediately drag her to bed and tuck her under the comfortable sheets, asking if they should call the doctor.

 

However, Minjoo was really lucky that she had Yujin as her partner; this girl would do everything for her, and without asking too.

 

The books Yujin had bought about parenting and pregnancies were piled up in the corner of their room. The younger woman usually read some books first before they sleep which was really amusing. Damn, she was the best wife ever.

 

Without whining, Minjoo just went inside with her wife. Yujin rushed to the couch first, fixing it so Minjoo would be more comfortable then supported her to sit. Minjoo couldn’t help but to laugh.

 

Yujin wasn’t treating her like a pregnant woman — Yujin was treating her like a queen.

 

Well, Yujin was naturally sweet. She had always never failed to take care of Minjoo and make her feel better but damn.

 

As they watched movies, Minjoo was comfortably snuggled with her wife, a thick blanket wrapped around her — they talked about making the guest room as their kid’s room instead. Yujin agreed with it, saying that they would talk about renovating it once they learned the baby’s gender.

 

Yujin fed Minjoo some strawberries too. And throughout, Minjoo couldn’t help but to smile and glance at her wife from time to time who was too focused watching the movie and think; ah, Kim Minjoo, the luckiest woman ever.

 

***

 

Yujin was prepared. She was more than prepared. All those countless books and checking of websites helped her greatly to gain enough knowledge about pregnant women. Just everything that might help her in the near future.

 

During the first trimester of Minjoo’s pregnancy, she was having a very good time. There weren’t too many problems, and she was the only one who was overreacting most of the time. She knew the best fruits that her wife should eat, the things she should avoid, and just basically the whole dos and don’ts and everything.

 

She had read once that the first trimester was the hardest so Yujin was really keeping a keen eye on her wife. She was just worried that Minjoo wouldn’t be able to comfortably adjust from the changes.

 

She wanted for their child to be the healthiest, the same for her wife. And thankfully, they do not fight over it really since Minjoo wasn’t a brat and mood swings weren’t still that insane but so clingy.

 

When the second trimester entered, Yujin noticed the drastic changes. Minjoo was starting to get sensitive and her mood swings were insane. Her clinginess also doubled and sometimes, Yujin didn’t know what to do — as if the things she learned from the books and other stuff went down to the drain.

 

She was prepared. She was more than prepared, Yujin thought of again. But holy , she was scared.

 

There were times that Minjoo asked her to change perfumes because she would gag whenever she would hug Yujin, suddenly not liking her scent. Yujin just oblige without a complaint, anything for her wife’s comfort.

 

Sometimes, Yujin would cook three different dishes because Minjoo wouldn’t like the first meal she cooked, covering her nose as she grimaced — especially if she didn’t like the smell or how it looked. She became a picky eater.

 

Yujin was horrified to see Minjoo eating pickles with nutella and cheese once when she refused to eat the steak the younger woman cooked.

 

Minjoo always begged for her attention too. Yujin continued vlogging, of course, and set fencing aside for the meantime since she focused on taking care of her wife — whenever Yujin was editing her videos and would not give Minjoo some attention when she was in a not-so-good mood, the latter would give her cold shoulders and tell Yujin that she was jealous of her laptop.

 

Often, Minjoo would just suddenly cry because of petty reasons that would cause Yujin to panic. One of the many reasons were: Minjoo was so scared that Yujin would leave her since she was getting bloated and fat, also because the younger woman was probably having a hard time taking care of her pregnant wife. Insecurities suddenly intensifying.

 

Yujin was dumbfounded. Well, Yujin had no problems reassuring her lovely wife that no matter what, she would stay and love her.

 

“Even if I become fat?” Minjoo butted in, sniffling.

 

Chuckling, Yujin just wiped her beautiful wife’s tears. “I’m the reason why you’re getting well-fed, love. I don’t care if you turn into a balloon, I’ll still love you.”

 

Well, wrong choice of words! Minjoo just wailed harder that time.

 

Minjoo also liked to push her away for no reason, distant and cold. Those times, Yujin was sad because of it but she just understood since she read before that it was normal for a pregnant woman to push people away and be alone for the meanwhile.

 

And when they learned that they were having twins, Yujin’s motherly instinct that she acquired skyrocketed. She was surprised at first, especially that the doctors themselves told the couple that the rate of having twins was so low; one boy, and one girl too. Minjoo was ecstatic to learn that, same for Yujin but in the back of her head, she was worried because… two! There were two little angels inside Minjoo and she was just concerned that her wife might have a difficult time.

 

But all in all, Yujin was happy. She knew that Minjoo was also happy even though both of them were having difficult times. They knew it was worth it, for their two angels.

 

The third trimester was even more… scary for Yujin. She knew that Minjoo was having a hard time with her round, full stomach. There were two babies in there so it was bigger than the average.

 

Yujin tried her best for her wife to be as comfortable as possible.

 

“Baby, here’s your juice,” Yujin placed the glass of grape juice on top of the table. Minjoo was sitting on one of the chase lounge chairs in the backyard while reading a book.

 

Minjoo smiled at her wife, took the juice then drank it happily while Yujin just kneeled beside her, gently caressing her stomach. Minjoo could only watch the younger woman with a big grin while she talked to their babies.

 

“Yumin-ie, Yujoo-ah. Mama is renovating your room with your auntie Yena!” Yujin chirped, pressing a kiss on the stomach. Her face then went serious, pressing her face and hand — then squealed when she felt something. “Oh goodness, someone kicked me. Who might that be!?” the younger woman excitedly exclaimed.

 

Minjoo just laughed, her heart melting. Yujin loved to talk with their twins. When she learned that the babies could hear even when they were still inside their mother’s womb — Yujin just kept blabbering stuff to their children.

 

It was endearing, really. It just showed how much Yujin loved their little ones already — and how much Yujin would be a great mother soon. She would probably be a better mom than her.

 

Yujin continued talking with the twins for a few minutes while Minjoo watched with a smile on her face, also butting in from time to time until the younger woman excused herself — there was still stuff to do in the twins’ room. And Minjoo followed after a few minutes, getting bored all of a sudden, and getting tempted to draw the bow but she wasn’t allowed to — so, she just checked and she was marveled at the sight.

 

Yena and Yujin with the help of some workers did a very fantastic job. Everything was perfectly and nicely settled, properly arranged. Two weeks ago, she and Yujin decided to have a shopping spree for their children since Minjoo’s due date was approaching.

 

In a month or less, Minjoo would be giving birth to their twins, Ahn Yumin and Ahn Yujoo. And they were all prepared! The clothes, the accessories, the toys — everything. Minjoo also told Yujin to buy some shelves for the children’s books they could display in the room. Basically, everything’s perfect.

 

There was also a door that connected to the master’s bedroom. It was going to be only temporary because once Yujoo and Yumin could finally sleep on their own, they would take that door down.

 

They were excited. So excited. Even Yena — suddenly whining that she wanted to have a kid too but Chaewon was too busy since the latter entered the modeling industry after huge exposure in the Olympics.

 

Minjoo and Yujin couldn’t wait to meet their little Yumin and Yujoo soon.

 

***

 

Minjoo’s water suddenly broke in the middle of the day. She was just about to get some juice when she felt a wet sensation between her legs, only to see clear liquid gushing out that caused her to panic. Thankfully, Yujin was there — just finished brushing her teeth.

 

It was a little bit unexpected, since it was two days earlier than the doctor’s earliest assumption.

 

Yujin immediately rushed her wife to the hospital, couldn’t help but to panic while the older woman could only wince and scrunch up her face in discomfort at the back seat, holding her huge stomach. Yujin prayed to the gods, hoping that nothing bad would happen to her wife and twins.

 

Were Yujoo and Yumin that excited to go out? Geez.

 

The hospital staff quickly assisted Minjoo though. And Yujin just trailed behind, sweating so hard. Fortunately, the doctor didn’t forbid Yujin to enter the labor room so the older woman was slightly relieved and comforted. It looked like she would need her wife for support.

 

Yujin stayed, still panicking but she was excited yet also scared. She held Minjoo’s hand tightly, hushing her wife to calm down, reassuring her that she could do it, and she was here. They were actually going to perform a C-Section but Minjoo refused, feeling that the first baby’s head was already out and damn, it was almost indeed.

 

It would be more painful for normal delivery since it was Minjoo’s first time and twins too! But Minjoo was brave.

 

Minjoo’s pained wails and yells echoed around the room and Yujin felt her heart ache. Jesus Christ, it really looked so painful! She read it and giving birth was literally one of the most painful things that a person could experience.

 

And finally, after a while, one was out. Yujin almost fainted in happiness and excitement when she saw their first child — the boy, Ahn Yujoo. The baby was crying softly while still covered in blood. Yujin was not even disgusted, she was even stunned when she saw the process…

 

The nurse held Yujoo, covering the little boy with a cloth. Yujin badly wanted to approach closer but Minjoo needed her first since Yumin was next.

 

Another series of yells. Yujin saw that Minjoo looked so pale and exhausted already but she still kept going, her vice grip on her hand told her everything. She was seriously suffering. Yujin pressed a comforting kiss on Minjoo’s sweaty temple.

 

Soon enough though, it felt like an eternity to Yujin — another little cry could be heard. It was Yumin.

 

The fencer could feel her knees turn to jellies. Jesus Christ. She felt exhausted too even though she wasn’t the one who gave birth to the twins, she wanted to lay down. She was also overwhelmed.

 

The nurses showed Yujoo and Yumin to Minjoo, and the latter weakly reached for her children — despite looking like she was about to pass out, she still caressed her babies, a tired smile forming on her lips. The doctor let her hold Yujoo while Yumin was gently passed to dumbfounded Yujin since Minjoo was unable to hold both.

 

Both of them fell in love at first sight with their children. Yujin was the one who cried when she held her babies very dearly while Minjoo snorted at her. And when they exchanged Yumin and Yujoo to check them closely, Minjoo passed out after she handed back Yumin to the nurse.

 

Yujin just found herself staring at Yujoo and Yumin from the huge cribs, staring at the sleeping twins who were tucked in blankets, looking like burritos. It had been a few hours since Minjoo gave birth and they were finally inside a private room.

 

Minjoo was still resting at the side but she had already woken up earlier; however, she slept again after the doctors told them that the twins were in perfect condition and both healthy — Minjoo, too.

 

“I think you’re staring at them for an hour straight already, love.” A sweet voice suddenly entered her ears and Yujin turned to look at her wife who was awake now, looking a little bit better.

 

She silently walked over to her and sat at the side, looking like she was still in daze so Minjoo was slightly worried. “Are you okay?”

 

Yujin nodded, heaving a sigh. “Yeah. It’s just that…” She paused, gulping before speaking again. “I’m just overwhelmed.” She then grabbed Minjoo’s hand, and the latter just held back, smiling at the younger woman who looked like she was about to cry again. “They both look so cute and charming…”

 

Yujin brought their joint hands to her lips, pressing a kiss on the back of Minjoo’s hand. “We’re going to be the best mothers for Yujoo and Yumin.”

 

***

 

There were sharp cries coming from the other room which made Yujin jolt up from the bed, awake and alarmed. She then ran towards the open archway in a haste while still half asleep, checking the crib and realized that Yumin was crying again.

 

The tall woman carefully took Yumin, scooping the crying baby with her arms. She started to cradle her, dancing her little girl around while humming to some songs as she tried to get milk. Yumin must be hungry and she was right.

 

The moment Yujin gave Yumin milk, the latter instantly stopped crying. With a tired sigh, Yujin continued to cradle her baby. She glanced at the blue painted crib, checking if Yujoo was awake but her little boy’s sleep was deep, not woken up by his twin sister’s cries.

 

Hmm. Yujoo was never much of a crier unlike Yumin who loved to cry every hour.

 

Yujin then checked her wife. Minjoo was still asleep but her brows were furrowed, obviously got stirred up by Yumin’s cry but went back to sleep when she saw that the younger woman took care of their crying daughter.

 

It had been a month since Minjoo gave birth and the twins were introduced to the world. So far, well, it was difficult but it wasn’t too bad at all, trying to find the joy in taking care of them instead of the hardships.

 

She and Minjoo were slowly getting used to this routine although they were still facing difficulties adjusting to their new life with their kids.

 

They actually considered hiring someone who could help them with the kids, a nanny but they decided to try first and if it was getting hectic then they would push through. However, so far, even though it was so hard; she and Minjoo still did not hire a nanny.

 

Yujin mostly took care of the kids, especially in the early days because Minjoo needed to rest. At first, she was hesitant but thanks to the knowledge and instinct, she knew what to do most of the time. Minjoo always that she would bag the best mom of the year award.

 

But even so, they still took turns. Sometimes, Yujin would take care of Yujoo while Minjoo with Yumin or alternate. All in all, they were doing great so far, they think — they were perfect parents, Yena always told them.

 

After all, Yujin was a very capable parent. She did not rely much on the information she had gained, but to this motherly instinct. She only did what it felt like the right thing to do.

 

Yujin chuckled tiredly as she pressed a kiss on Yumin’s forehead. The baby was already fast asleep after finishing half of the bottle and tucked her into her own crib again — thankfully, she did not stir awake anymore.

 

“Is she asleep now?” Minjoo suddenly asked, eyes still closed when Yujin walked back to their room, groggy, and ready to sleep. The younger woman just hummed, glancing at the clock that said 2:51AM. Too early, she was actually planning to just drink coffee if it was already around four but hmm...

 

Yujin went back under the blankets, pulling her wife closer to her. Minjoo snuggled, pushing herself closer to her wife then pressed a kiss on her jaw. Yujin sleepily hummed, caressing Minjoo’s hips in a comforting way.

 

“What do you want to eat later for breakfast?” Minjoo asked in her hoarse voice but it was damn attractive for Yujin. It was so husky and deep yet gentle.

 

The younger woman smiled, closing her droopy eyes since her eyelids were just getting heavier. “Why? You will cook it for me?” She asked back, her tone was low.

 

Minjoo just nodded, leaning closer, and kissed her on the lips this time. “Yes.” She whispered against Yujin’s lips. The younger woman just lazily kissed back for a moment, pulled away afterwards then pecked Minjoo on the forehead.

 

“Then omelette.” Yujin answered, suddenly excited for breakfast later. She couldn’t wait to eat the food her wife would make for her.

 

The archer nodded, suppressing a yawn, burying her face on Yujin’s neck. “Hmm, noted. Let’s go back to sleep, love.”

 

And when she was just about to enter the dreamland. Yumin cried again.

 

Yujin tried her best not to cry as she pulled herself away from Minjoo’s embrace. She wanted this, she reminded herself as she cradled Yumin. Minjoo wanted this, she reminded herself as fed Yumin milk. They were her kids, she reminded herself as she hummed a lullaby.

 

When she glanced at Yumin and Yujoo — her heart warmed.

 

How could she be so annoyed and angry when these little kids were her literal angels? She loved them as much as she loved Minjoo.

 

***

 

“Mama,” Yujin slowly and clearly said, pointing to herself then pointed at Minjoo who was on the kitchen island, preparing their meals and wearing an amused smile, watching them from her spot. “Mommy,”

 

Yujoo and Yumin blinked at their mother, their sparkly eyes staring at her intently. Yumin broke into a pit of giggles while Yujoo just puckered his lips before exclaiming, “Muh-Muh, Ma-mee!”

 

Yumin followed after hearing her twin brother. “Maaaaah! Mo-mi!”

 

Minjoo laughed and Yujin just cooed at her twins, pressing kisses on their foreheads, squealing at their adorableness.

 

The twins were finally one year old so Yujin was slowly teaching them to murmur some easy words, especially the words that they might need to use on a daily basis. Mama and Mommy were the most important words, of course! So the kids could call them that.

 

At first, Minjoo and Yujin were having trouble adjusting since finally their most awaited plus one that turned into plus two — were finally added in their small family. Taking care of their children was so difficult but even so, they tried to be the best even if it was hard. The both of them suffered and sacrificed a lot but worth it, more than worth it!

 

Yujoo, the boy and older by fifteen minutes, was a calm and collected kid; a literal angel. He rarely cried and he was an affectionate little kid to his mothers and twin sister. He was not very energetic, always at the side, playing with his toys. He was more like Minjoo in personality and traits.

 

While Yumin, the girl and the younger, was almost the opposite of her brother. She was loud and liked to whine, very clingy, mischievous, and also chaotic. She was very energetic, always crawling and running around rather than playing with her barbie toys — always getting chased by her mothers. But even so, she was still a sweet child. Definitely like Yujin.

 

Their looks were the same as expected, they were identical twins. Since Minjoo and Yujin looked a little bit alike in some ways, the twins looked like them — mix. Although their facial features lean in more to Yujin, especially the lips and smile; both twins have dimples too! But their doe, sparkly eyes? Minjoo’s, for sure.

 

Despite their differences in personalities, the twins were nice and adorable kids, and everyone was fond of them, especially their grandparents on both sides.

 

Yujin and Minjoo were excited to see them growing up.

 

“Baby, can you feed them? I’m still cooking,” Minjoo said, placing the bowl on the counter top, full of baby food and small slices of fruits for the twins. Yujin hummed, walking to fetch the food but before she went back — she asked Minjoo for a kiss, pointing at her puckered, awaiting lips.

 

Rolling her eyes, Minjoo just leaned in across the counter, pressing a kiss on Yujin’s lips. But the fencer held her wife’s face, preventing her from pulling away. Minjoo melted into the kiss, not protesting, and just kissed back with the same fervour.

 

Yujin nibbled on Minjoo’s lower lip, asking for her to part her lips and give her an entrance. The older woman let out a whimper, wanting to pull away because the food she was cooking might burn and heck, she didn’t want to eat overcooked food but she just couldn’t find the strength to move, letting her wife kiss her passionately.

 

It was a little bit embarrassing because their kids were in the same room as them but then she knew the twins were clueless about their intimate actions.

 

Their position was a little bit uncomfortable since there was a counter between them but they still reached for each other.

 

Yujin was about to deepen the kiss when suddenly, there was a loud noise behind that made the couple pull away from each other, panting lightly, and cheeks flushed. Ah, it was little Yumin who threw her bottle to the floor.

 

The baby girl then giggled while hopping lightly on her high chair for kids. Yujoo looked at his twin, blinking his adorable round eyes.

 

With a sigh, Yujin just picked up the bowl and glanced at Minjoo who was chuckling before continuing to stir the food she was cooking. The smile on her lips did not fade at all and that made Yujin snort, walking back to their kids to feed them and get the bottle that her daughter threw away.

 

They would just continue what they left off once these little ones were fast asleep.

 

***

 

The couple wasn’t really planning for the twins to follow their footsteps as athletes, especially that the people were actually expecting them to do it. It was pressuring and all but if they wanted in the future, then they would support. As long as their children were happy.

 

But then, Yujin saw potential in Yujoo.

 

She was actually going to call Yujoo since the boy decided to stay in his and Yumin’s room while the latter was with her mommy in the backyard. When she reached the room, the door was agape, and there were some noises inside so Yujin silently took a peek.

 

And there she saw the three year old Yujoo, playing a sort of sword fight alone with the toy sword Yujin had bought for him when he asked for one. The sword actually looked like a sabre. Yujoo even specifically pointed out that he wanted a sword like what her Mama had.

 

He was poking Yumin’s huge teddy bear with the tip of the sword, wearing a very serious face. His stance was the same as a fencer but of course, stiff and not correct however, it was obvious enough that he was copying that same stance she always did.

 

Yujoo was simply a curious kid, he loved to ask and observe. Yujin had noticed that he was amused in fencing and swords. Whenever Yujin would practice and Yujoo was there, he would silently watch her in adoration and amazement while Yumin would only giggle, finding her Mama ridiculous.

 

The boy also liked to ask about her swords that she uses for fencing, and always looking at Yujin’s medals and trophies.

 

“Einnn gorde!” Yujoo yelled, posing then after a moment, starting to attack the teddy bear harshly, mimicking the movements he saw from his Mama.

 

Yujin almost laughed at the wrong pronunciation of ‘En Garde’ but it shocked her a bit that he knew! Well, there were some times that her family would watch her fencing competition so he must have learned it while watching the fencing matches.

 

The fencer chuckled silently. Well, it looked like Yujoo would follow her footsteps. She would tell Minjoo about it and if her wife agreed then Yujin would introduce her little boy to fencing officially and see.

 

Who knows? Maybe Yujoo will be a more skilled fencer than her in the near future.

 

***

 

“Okay my loves, time for a bath!” Minjoo announced after she entered the twins’ room and spotted that the kids were having a tea party. Yumin was pouring imaginary tea into her brother’s pink cup. Minjoo tried to suppress her laugh when she noticed that Yujoo was wearing a tiara and pink tutu, rainbow beaded necklace around his neck, and colorful, girly bracelets around his arms.

 

Yujoo looked uncomfortable but calm. He was really doing whatever his twin sister wanted without a complaint to make her happy. It was actually heartwarming, so cute.

 

“Tea party will be continued for later, okay? Bath first. You two stink!” Minjoo said, walking closer to her kids, helping Yujoo to take off the accessories and tutu from him.

 

The boy looked a little bit relieved but Yumin was puckering her lips again, not actually liking the idea of bathing especially that they got disturbed. Without a word, Yujoo opened their small closet and grabbed his towel and his sister’s before running out of the room, probably going to the bathroom.

 

Minjoo glanced at Yumin who was slowly taking off her crown then also followed her brother. With a smile, Minjoo cleaned up the mess first and purposely let some small mess stay. The twins must learn how to clean their own stuff.

 

After that, she went to the bathroom and saw that Yujin was already washing the kids. What she immediately noticed when she entered the bathroom was the floor was wet and Yujin was drenched also.

 

Yumin yipped, happily splashing water to her Mama who just tried to dodge it with a yelp, leaning away from the bathtub but failed miserably. Yujin just grumbled something under her breath as she wiped her face, looking like a puppy that got caught in the middle of a heavy rain.

 

Minjoo chuckled, fully entering the bathroom, and they finally noticed her presence. She just grabbed a clean towel from the side then helped Yujin wipe her wet face.

 

“Now, now, behave. Don’t jump and just sit.” Minjoo scolded when she saw Yumin standing on the tub, , and there were bubbles on top of her head. Yujoo was at the side, sitting while playing with a rubber duck, and a robot toy; there was also a shampoo in his head.

 

They then started to wash their kids but it turned out to be quite enjoyable. Minjoo played with her kids, shampooing their hair and styled it into a mohawk. Yumin was so happy, always rawr-ing, telling her mothers and brother that she was a dinosaur.

 

Yujoo just kept giggling, fiddling with his hair. Yujin took the camera from their room and captured their kids like that. Moments like this do not last so it was nice that it could be captured by a camera.

 

After a few minutes, Minjoo was equally drenched as Yujin because the twins decided to be mischievous and splashed water all over them whenever they were near the tub. “Mama, My! Bath!” They kept yelling. Minjoo had her revenge, taking the bidet and splashed water all over them too. The kids kept screaming because of that.

 

Yujin was at the side, watching her family with an amused grin but suddenly, Minjoo turned the bidet in her direction and a jet of water hit her abdomen. The younger woman faked a hurt expression, exaggerating her reaction, and acted like she got shot in the stomach instead.

 

In the end, the bath took longer. When Yujin wrapped the twins in their own towels, they rushed to their room, giggling to each other. Minjoo followed afterwards, getting the pajamas for them and helping them dress up.

 

After that, Minjoo reminded her kids that they needed to head to bed soon and clean up their mess. The twins just nodded, continuing to play together while the archer went back to their room with a sigh, feeling a little bit cold since she still hadn’t fully dried herself up and hadn’t changed into new fresh clothes yet.

 

She spotted Yujin in their room, taking her drenched shirt off, and also hadn’t taken a bath. Minjoo blushed when her gaze lowered down to unconsciously check Yujin’s body out — still toned as ever.

 

Yujin noticed her wife standing by the closed door, giving her a confused look as she walked to their closet. She was just in her drenched sweatpants and top undergarment but it wasn’t inappropriate at all, they were literally married — however, Minjoo’s eyes on her made her feel a little bit conscious.

 

“Do you want to take a bath first?” asked the younger woman, taking the towels from the closet and a set of matching sleeping clothes for her and her wife.

 

Minjoo chuckled darkly, walking closer to Yujin until the woman’s back was already against the closet door. Yujin looked at her, eyes wide, feeling her cheeks warmed up.

 

The archer’s gaze on her was so intense that Yujin felt herself quivering, not because of the cold (heck, she was feeling hot even) but because Minjoo’s body was flushed against her exposed one, giving her a burning warmth through her whole existence.

 

She then suddenly leaned in closer, Yujin thought that Minjoo was going to kiss her but she went past her lips and settled on her reddening ear. “How about let’s take a bath together?” She suggested in a low, attractive voice, her hot breath hitting her ear.

 

Minjoo then leaned away after that and took a step backwards, a dangerous smirk playing on her lips.

 

Yujin gulped. Seriously, even after long years of being in a relationship with Minjoo — Yujin never got used to seeing this side of her. Oh, her poor, poor heart! Kim Minjoo wasn’t too good for her health. It just got even more intense after they got married.

 

“O-Okay,” stammered the fencer.

 

Minjoo’s smirk turned into a sheepish grin, walking to their room’s bathroom then said, “Okay! Let’s have a battle. The one who can hold their breath longer underwater will be the winner and the loser will cook breakfast tomorrow!” The older woman childishly exclaimed, looking determined before she went inside the bathroom, not waiting for Yujin.

 

Yujin was slightly dumbfounded, sighing to herself but smiled afterwards. “Oh god, Kim Minjoo…”

 

***

 

When they thought Yujoo was the only one who was going to be interested in sports, Yumin proved the both of them wrong.

 

The family had a trip to the mall on a peaceful weekend and the twins were so excited, especially Yujoo who kept whining that they should go to the arcade.

 

They lingered around for an hour, and the couple just helped their now five year old twins to play the games they wanted to play but also tried their best to enjoy along the way.

 

“There’s an archery room there!” Minjoo suddenly excitedly exclaimed, pointing at the shooting range inside the arcade. The inside could be seen since the walls were made of glasses so people could watch and see that it was indeed an archery shooting range.

 

Yujin just smiled at her wife, telling her to go, and try while she takes care of the kids. Minjoo was reluctant at first since the twins could be handful sometimes, especially that the usually calm one, Yujoo, was excited and being slightly brat over games. But in the end, the younger woman assured her that they would be fine so Minjoo went.

 

It had been a while since Minjoo got to do archery since they were busy with their kids and business. So, seeing something like this in an arcade made her excited like a little kid. She wouldn’t take much time anyway, just ten minutes or so — her hands were just itching to draw a bow.

 

Meanwhile, Yujin held Yumin tightly while she helped Yujoo play the Tekken game. She was scared that Yumin might leave and roam around by herself, given that her daughter was an adventurous and brave kid.

 

“Mama, mama — let’s go to mommy.” Yumin suddenly told her, tugging her hand. Yujin glanced at her, ready to tell her that ‘later’ but Yujoo suddenly jumped away from the seat after defeating the enemy, dragging Yujin to the basketball one while happily hopping.

 

Yujin was getting torn about where to go but since Yujoo was very persistent and strong, she got dragged by her son. However, Yumin was also determined so instead of getting dragged, she retreated her hand away from her mama’s grip then ran to the shooting range, causing Yujin to panic.

 

“Y-Yujoo, wait, your sister.” Yujin said, and Yujoo turned his head behind him, spotting his energetic little sister run away from there which made him sigh — he just let his Mama drag him as they followed Yumin. His sister was way more important, he was scared that Yumin might get taken away by strangers or something since he knew how naive that girl was, always getting easily bribed by a simple candy.

 

They spotted Yumin staring at her mommy from the glass window, her eyes were sparkling and mouth agape. Yujin observed Yumin watch her mother, clapping her hands whenever Minjoo’s arrow would land on the target.

 

“I want to shoot arrows too like Mommy, Mama!” Yumin suddenly exclaimed, turning to them with a big smile then hopped towards the entrance but the guard there blocked her, smiling at her as he shook his head. Yumin huffed at him.

 

Actually, Yujin noticed it. If Yujoo was interested in watching Yujin do fencing then Yumin was very intrigued with archery, just recently though since Yumin wasn’t really interested before. Whenever Minjoo was practicing in the shooting range, Yumin was there to watch her mommy at the side but she was never saying much about archery, looking shy but the way Yumin looked at the bow… it looked like she badly wanted to hold it.

 

Yujin caught her daughter once. Little Yumin was in the backyard, cautiously taking Minjoo’s bow, and inspecting it. The woman witnessed that from the window and was about to shout to her daughter not to touch it.

 

But Yumin held it gently, having a little hard time because it was heavy, however she managed, smiling triumphantly as she held it then took a good look at it, placing it back to where it was placed before running back to the house, accomplished.

 

Yujin just smiled at her daughter, turning to Minjoo who was looking from the inside, frowning a bit. Hmm. It looked like their daughter was going to follow Minjoo’s footsteps. Who would know that their children would be the mini version of their own selves for real? A fencer and an archer…

 

That day, Yujin bought Yumin a toy bow and arrow for her to play with while Yujoo got himself a saber sword. Yumin was so happy with her toy, and couldn’t wait to play with it.

 

Minjoo helped her daughter, teaching her how to draw the bow, and all while Yujin set the target up but Yumin didn’t even need Minjoo as she swiftly took the toy arrow then shot — landing to the target. Although not in the center, it still landed squarely in the cardboard target.

 

Yumin squealed, jumping happily while Minjoo and Yujin just looked at each other.

 

Yeah, their daughter had potential too.

 

***

 

Yujin guided Yujoo in fencing, helping her son, and teaching him things since Yujoo became very interested in fencing for real and Yujin saw the determination in his eyes — so the woman pushed the idea of the boy entering the fencing world and it seemed like Yujoo would love to too.

 

For Yumin’s case, Minjoo was the one who trained her. The little girl was also determined to be an archer, same as Yujoo — her passion for her own sport skyrocketed and the both of them didn’t get discouraged or sick of it, training everyday after school and finishing their homework.

 

Of course, mentioning school; Yujin and Minjoo never forgot to teach them that education was also important like their own sport and they have to balance them well. Their kids didn’t need to be told twice. They knew their priorities. Like their parents, they were very intelligent and hardworking, also passionate. And they knew their limits. Their parents were there to help and support them too.

 

The last thing for them to happen to their kids was to get exhausted and pressured because of sports and classes but surprisingly, Yujoo and Yumin had no problem in that field. Training but at the same time being diligent students in their school, both of them acing excellently.

 

The twins didn’t need to be enrolled in archery lessons or fencing lessons since they got the best teachers already.

 

And when they finally reached the age of nine, they were already good and their skills were sharp. Minjoo and Yujin finally decided to send them into little competitions.

 

As expected, the Ahn twins washed over the competitions at ease. Yumin even kept whining that her competitors in school were weak and no challenge. Ah, little overconfident Yumin but it was the truth though — their skills were above average for their age anyway. It helped a lot that they were natural and passionate, and their teachers were Olympic athletes.

 

But when it came to regionals, the real challenge began.

 

Yujin noticed that Yumin loved challenges and she was extremely competitive, she loved to challenge Minjoo. She also dreamed big, wanting to enter the Olympics too like her mother and bag the gold medals. It wasn’t impossible since Yumin was highly skilled and could beat teen archers already in that young age.

 

Yujoo, however, was just very chill. As if he was just competing out of fun but it was obvious that he loved fencing. His gentle nature just made him look weak but an absolute beast in bouts. He surprised a lot of people with his skills.

 

The media actually had taken a liking to the Ahn twins, especially knowing their family’s background. But as much as possible, Yujin and Minjoo did not want to expose them much since they knew that it could be pressuring and it might strain the twins. Yumin liked the attention though.

 

“Hmph. I will be better than Mommy!”

 

Yujin just chuckled at her child, lowering her camera a bit to capture her daughter. “Say hi.” She teased but the girl just pouted. Yujoo smiled at the camera though, waving shyly.

 

They were currently in Canada for the Olympics. Minjoo was part of the national team, going to represent South Korea. Years passed but still, Kim Minjoo was still South Korea’s pride in terms of archery.

 

However, this was the last competition Minjoo would participate in. The older woman decided that she would set her first love aside, which was archery and continue being a lawyer. She just finished graduating from her law school two years ago but then, the organizers begged her to join the Olympics for the last time so here she was.

 

Yujin was long gone in the fencing though, she was now working as an architect at her father’s architectural company while still vlogging at the side. Vlogging was still her hobby and she wouldn’t drop this. Same for fencing, she was still a little bit active because of Yujoo.

 

“Mama, are you going to kiss Mommy if she ever gets another gold medal?” Yumin suddenly asked her Mama who was taking a video of the spacious, crowded arena.

 

Yujin almost choked at what her daughter had said. Yujoo chuckled, patting his twin sister’s head. The woman blushed at Yumin’s words. Of course, the legendary story, who wouldn’t know?

 

Minjoo told her twins about their legendary moment before and now, since the twins were a bit exposed on the internet — they stumbled upon that video. Yumin even cringed at that, teasing their mothers about it. They weren’t those innocent babies anymore so they knew…

 

With a chuckle, Yujin responded. “Hmm. I’m thinking. Should I?”

 

The twins’ jaw dropped at what their mama had said. Yumin whined, scratching her head. “Maaaa! Is it not enough that you guys did it already? And are being lovey-dovey around us everyday?” She responded as if she wasn’t the one who suggested it in the first place. Surprisingly, Yumin was the one who wasn’t really into romance. She hated sweet romantic things.

 

Yujoo laughed before saying, “Why not, Ma? Do it, do it! Prove that you love Mommy~” And well, on the contrary, Yujoo was very supportive and loved to see his mothers being affectionate with each other. Unlike his twin, he secretly liked cheesy romance. He was very proud of his mothers’ relationship and liked to brag about it to his friends.

 

Yumin was like that too but she loved to act that she wasn’t. Yujoo did drop Yumin once in a conversation with their mothers, telling that Yumin was actually the one who would brag that her mama and mommy bravely kissed in the Olympics, announcing to the whole world that they were each other’s soulmates — and that they were the legendary ‘Olympian Couple’.

 

To be honest, Yujin did not expect that Yumin would grow up to be a little bit reserved with her feelings when she was the clingy one when she was still a kid. She loved to act like a ‘tough big girl’ for some reason but she was just a baby who secretly craved affection. She would act that she didn’t really care and was very sassy but deep inside, she was just a huge fluff of sunshine.

 

Yujoo was practically the same as before, still very calm and gentle. He was a huge introvert too and Yumin was the outgoing one, dragging him along to make friends with other kids. But to his mothers and twin sister, he wasn’t scared to express his feelings and was very affectionate — also sweet and caring. He was really mature for kids his own age.

 

They were ten years old now and it felt like time was passing by too quickly. Her little babies were soon going to be real grown ups.

 

“Haha! It’s your mommy’s last participation in the Olympics anyway. So maybe, I’ll do it.” Yujin teased, and continued filming for her vlog.

 

Well, she did it anyway.

 

Minjoo won gold for the team category since that was where she participated. And of course, like the first time Yujin did it — she waited at the side. And once Minjoo walked to her, Yujin pulled her for a kiss. And well, the world was once again shaken because of what happened.

 

Minjoo murmured against Yujin’s lips, “You know how to make things extra memorable, huh?”

 

Yujoo and Yumin just cheered alongside the big crowd.

 

***

 

Yujin, Minjoo, and Yujoo cheered when Yumin hit a ten.

 

They were currently in Yumin’s match for the regionals. Their little archer was part of the junior team and she was the youngest! It was a very nice achievement since she was only ten yet she was in the same team with archers in the age of thirteen to fifteen. She was the youngest and the ace too.

 

Yumin was seen at the screen, smugly looking at the target. She was confident but she wasn’t arrogant. However, people tend to misinterpret their daughter’s behavior — but Yumin cared less about that, nonchalant at the words of other people as long as she won fair and square. Yujin and Minjoo were grateful enough that she wasn’t affected by other people’s comments and opinions on her but still, they were a little bit worried.

 

One time, Yujoo got into a fight because some classmate of theirs suddenly picked on Yumin for being too ‘arrogant’ after she boasted that she won a gold medal in the district meet, saying mean words to the girl. Yumin never even brought other people down or anything, just simply proud of her achievements. And it was the first time Yujoo snapped and fought back with someone. After that, Yujoo became overprotective. He was Yumin’s savior. So, even the little fencer was worried for his sister.

 

Yujin started to film again. She knew Yumin would like it. Yumin adored vlogging like her mama but at first, she didn’t like it actually until eventually when Yujin’s viewers kept commenting that she was cute — Yumin started to get fond of vlogging too, always asking Yujin to film her and make sure that she would get a lot of screentime. Damn, her daughter loved to fish for some compliments…

 

Minjoo was at the side, cheering for her daughters very happily — so, so proud. Other people were actually glancing their way, admiring the whole family itself or just the archer because until now, Minjoo’s beauty was still eye-catching as ever. She was already in her thirties but her goddess-like beauty would remain eternal.

 

Yujin was still having problems with it even though every person knew that Minjoo was taken by hers. Some could be really annoying. But she learned not to care and be proud, Minjoo would never get swayed by people, only Yujin could.

 

Anyway, back to the match — this was a normal routine. Since the parents were very supportive, as much as possible, they would watch their children’s matches. Sometimes, Yujoo and Yumin’s matches would clash — of course, Yujin would go to Yujoo’s while Minjoo would go to Yumin’s. It was a silent agreement between them.

 

“Another ten! Ah, this girl is really the legendary South Korean archer Kim Minjoo’s daughter.” The commenter exclaimed on his mic, his voice blasting around the court.

 

Yumin puffed her chest in pride; for someone who said that she would be better than her mother — she loved getting compared to her mommy. Mini Minjoo was a compliment to Yumin.

 

Minjoo just howled, laughing to herself.

 

Yujoo sat beside Yujin, focused watching his twin sister’s match while fiddling with a rubik’s cube. He would also cheer whenever it was Yumin’s turn.

 

The match ended soon and of course, Yumin got a medal and the MVP award. She proudly showed her shining gold medal to the camera.

 

“Joo! You said you will give me chocolates if I win,” Yumin said to her brother once they were on their way to the car. “You know. That was my motivation earlier! I kept chanting ‘chocolates’ when I was shooting the arrows and it was surprisingly effective.” added the girl which made the married couple laugh in amusement.

 

Yujoo rolled his eyes, pulling the hood of his sister’s jacket over her head. Yumin protested but did nothing, just letting her brother out with a pout. It was a cute, concerned gesture — it was very cold outside and Yumin’s hair was damp with sweat. “Yeah, yeah, I remember well, Min. I’ll give you my promised chocolates later.”

 

Yumin squealed in delight, clinging to her brother. “Yay~ you’re the best, Joojoo!”

 

Yujin and Minjoo just smiled at each other secretly.

 

***

 

The car halted in front of the gate. Yumin and Yujoo gathered their things in a haste while Yujin watched them from the front, smiling at her kids. “Where’s Mama’s kisses?” asked the woman.

 

Yumin pouted, grabbing her lunch box. “Mama! We already kissed you before we ate breakfast.” She whined. Yujin gave her puppy eyes, something that her kids couldn’t resist at all. If they could use puppy eyes on Yujin, well, Yujin could too!

 

Yujoo just chuckled at his Mama’s action, leaning in to press a kiss on her cheek. That made Yujin grin, reaching for her son to ruffle his head with a little bit of difficulty but she managed.

 

Without any choice, Yumin just kissed Yujin on the cheek too. Their mama just smirked in triumph before finally unlocking the doors. “I don’t want you two to be late. Go.” She said softly. The twins nodded their heads and finally exited the car.

 

When the twins hopped out of the car and closed the door, Yujin rolled down the window. “Have a great day, my little ones! See you later! Mama loves you both to the moon and back!” She yelled from the car, even putting her one arm out the window to give them a huge wave.

 

The students and teachers who were passing by were amused at Yujin, chuckling at her but Yujin couldn’t care less, just remaining chirpy, and even sent a flying kiss to her kids.

 

Yumin was scowling, looking a little bit embarrassed while Yujoo barked out a laugh wholeheartedly at their mother, waving back. After that, the twins turned their backs and continued to walk — Yumin looked like she wanted for the ground to eat her up.

 

Well, Yujin would admit but she was that embarrassing and unapologetic loud mother. She just wanted to show affection to her kids! Yujoo had no problems with it but sometimes, Yumin had. They were getting lightly teased because of it but most kids were so envious of Yujin, actually — since their mother was so sweet and famous too. They watch her vlog after all.

 

Ah, speaking of… she should make a vlog about sending her kids to school. They actually did it before but it was when the twins’ first day in school, like the very first time. They were just five back then. That content was going to be fun to make and watch. She would talk to Yujoo and Yumin about it soon!

 

Yujin watched her kids disappear from the distance with a smile and soon, she finally rolled up her windows back then drove away, going back home, and spend the whole morning with her wife who was still probably asleep until now.

 

Her heart couldn’t help but to warm. She had noticed that Yujoo was taller than Yumin now when in fact, they were just the same height before. Yumin was also refusing to style her hair in pigtails and wanted her hair long. Hmm. They were really growing up now, and soon, they would celebrate their eleventh birthday.

 

Yujin reached the house soon and it was quiet. She went to their bedroom and as expected, Minjoo was still sleeping soundly on the bed. Her wife still looked majestic as ever, looking like the angel that she was.

 

She had almost wanted not to wake her up and let her sleep peacefully for a few more hours since she knew that Minjoo was very exhausted and sleep-deprived lately but unfortunately, she had work in the firm.

 

Gently, she shook Minjoo’s shoulder. “Hey, love, wake up.” She murmured and she didn’t have a hard time waking up the former archer because after one call, Minjoo stirred awake and fluttered her eyes open. Yujin grinned, her dimples poking out deep. “Good morning, sunshine. Come on, I’ll prepare some breakfast while you wash.”

 

Minjoo groaned, stretching her limbs with a frown, obviously wanting to sleep again but couldn’t. She hummed, “Mornin’. You already dropped the kids to school?”

 

Yujin nodded, taking off her coat then hung it on the chair. “Yeah. The twins themselves told me not to wake you up and just let you sleep. They dropped by here though, they lightly kissed you on the forehead.” She said, putting her things on top of the coffee table beside the bed.

 

Minjoo rubbed her droopy eyes but there was a groggy smile on her lips. She just hummed, yawning, not even bothering to cover . Yujin still thinks that she was the prettiest though.

 

“What do you want for breakfast?” asked Yujin, walking to the door, holding the knob already.

 

Minjoo stretched her neck, answering, “You.”

 

Yujin squinted her eyes, then arched her brow in amusement. Minjoo just laughed lightly. “Bacon and eggs, please. Make me some coffee too. Have you eaten though?” She replied.

 

The younger woman shook her head. “Nah, I told the kids I’ll eat with you. They just ate cereal so I did not eat with them. So sick of those corn flakes. I don’t know why our children love it.” She responded with a grimace, watching Minjoo stand up from their bed.

 

“I see. I’ll just wash and I’ll be in the kitchen soon.” Minjoo said, grabbing the towel from the side. Yujin just nodded and finally left the room, walking to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast.

 

Usually, Minjoo was the one who cooked their meals since Yujin wasn’t really a great cook. However, when they started to live together more than a decade ago, Minjoo taught her how to cook properly. But when Minjoo attended law school, Yujin started to cook more often for them and especially when her wife started her internship just recently — Minjoo was always exhausted because of her cases and other paperworks so Yujin decided to do the chores; waking up the kids, driving them to the school, and cooking meals.

 

When they were both busy with their work then they would let the helper they hired to do it. But it was Yujin’s day-off that day so she could happily do the chores.

 

Yujin had already finished preparing the food and was about to get their mugs of coffee when Minjoo came down from upstairs, entering the kitchen. She looked fresh in her work attire and fully awake. The older woman was fiddling with the tips of her damp hair as she sat on the table.

 

“Should I cut my hair? It’s getting longer,” Minjoo suddenly asked, pouting a bit as she followed Yujin’s movements with her eyes.

 

Yujin took the mugs and placed them on the table before settling on the seat across from her beautiful wife. “Your choice, love. But hmm, how about you try long hair again? It’s been years since you let your hair grow past your shoulders.” She said, taking the fork, and stabbed the strip of the bacon — bringing it into .

 

Minjoo did the same but more elegantly. “Maybe I should. Will longer hair still suit me though? I’m already old.” She chuckled at her own statement which made Yujin frown.

 

Sure, they were grown ups now but Minjoo didn’t look old — as if she had already stopped aging by the age of twenty! She looked the same from when Yujin had first met her. Seriously, she couldn’t believe her wife was having doubts about her looks. Heh, Minjoo was aging like a fine wine. She should be the last person who would doubt her own looks.

 

“It will suit you perfectly.” Yujin reassured and Minjoo smiled sweetly at her wife.

 

“Okay, I won’t cut it.” The former archer said with a chuckle and continued to eat while talking about a different topic with Yujin.

 

It was mostly Minjoo’s rants about her work. Minjoo was still actually an intern, and yet to be a lawyer. However, she was getting frustrated at her boss who kept treating her like she was already a lawyer and literally giving her a lot of work to do. Yujin could only comfort her sulky wife.

 

Well, at the end of the day, Minjoo could only complain but she would comply and continue. This was her original dream before she discovered her love for archery. Her father was a lawyer so she wanted to be one too and soon enough, she would earn that title.

 

Oh, her hardworking, passionate, smart, kind wife… how could Yujin not fall in love deeper?

 

“No other lawyers advancing on you?” Yujin suddenly asked, sipping on her coffee.

 

Minjoo glanced at her. “Nope. No one.” She replied blankly.

 

Chuckling, Yujin placed the mug back on the table. “Oh, sure.” She knew her wife was lying. It was simply impossible that her other co-workers weren’t crushing on her.

 

Of course, sometimes, Yujin couldn’t still help to feel jealousy. Geez. She remembered that bastard Jahyeon. The first person who made her feel burning jealousy. Hmm. But after him though, not really much anymore since people literally backed off after learning that Minjoo was taken.

 

Pouting, Minjoo finished her coffee. “Okay, fine. There are some… they give me flowers and others are trying to impress me by offering help or whatever. But I always reject them, flaunting my wedding ring in front of their faces.” The older woman answered and Yujin’s heart swelled, feeling proud.

 

The former fencer just threw her wife a smirk. “Good.”

 

After their hearty breakfast, Yujin drove her wife to the law firm where she was currently an intern. Throughout the ride, they sang along to the songs that were playing on the stereo, also talking about what gift they should buy for Yewon’s eighth birthday soon. Choi Yewon was Yena and Chaewon’s daughter.

 

They reached the firm fast. Minjoo grabbed her purse, slung it on her shoulder then checked her face on the mirror for the last time before turning to Yujin who was just staring at her softly.

 

“Enjoy your day, okay? Don’t wander around and text me later at lunch.” Minjoo said, and Yujin just nodded like an obedient puppy, smiling at her wife.

 

The older woman then leaned and the former fencer met her halfway for a peck. Yujin knew that Minjoo didn’t like to kiss if she had lipstick on so a peck would do — they made out earlier anyway before Minjoo put on some lipstick. It was enough.

 

“Aye, ma’am. Have a nice day at work.” Yujin responded sheepishly which made Minjoo giggle, finally hopping off from their car.

 

As Minjoo went to the firm, she kept looking back, smiling and waving at her wife. Minjoo even gave her wife a big heart and Yujin laughed inside the car. Because of that, Minjoo earned some weird looks from the other workers of the firm that were lingering outside.

 

On the way home, Yujin’s smile didn’t falter. Still so smitten for Kim Minjoo.

 

***

 

“Are you guys ready?” Minjoo yelled to the kids from downstairs, and as if it was on cue, there were loud pitter patters from upstairs. Soon enough, Minjoo saw the twins coming down from the stairs, both smiling brightly with their dimples poking out.

 

The twins were wearing their small backpacks, almost shaking in excitement.

 

It was a weekend, and both Yujin and Minjoo’s days off too so they decided to bond together with Yena and Chaewon and their daughter. It was rare for them to have free time all together so when they realized that they were all free on that certain day, they planned a trip to Everland Theme Park. Of course, the kids were so ecstatic.

 

Yujin also went down, holding a tote bag, her long black hair swaying. “Are you guys ready?”

 

The twins squealed simultaneously, excited as they bopped their heads up and down then ran out of the house. Minjoo yelled for them not to run because they might trip and fall. She waited for her wife and they went out of the house together.

 

As Yujin double checked the lock, Minjoo called Chaewon — asking if they were on their way too. They would just meet in the amusement park itself. Chaewon answered that they were just about to go. They then told each other to have a safe drive and meet by the entrance.

 

The car ride wasn’t quiet as expected. Yumin was the main noise. The girl kept singing along to the song. Yujin would sing along too as she drove, having a duet with her daughter while Minjoo filmed them with her phone, giggling. Yujoo was also singing along albeit a little bit quietly and shyly.

 

When they reached Everland, Yumin was practically convulsing out of happiness and excitement while Yujoo tried to calm his twin down. Once they found a parking spot and parked the car, Yumin practically threw herself out.

 

“Oh my god~!” She exclaimed, jumping then twirled around.

 

Yujoo also hopped out from the backseat of the family car. “Min. Stop, you might get dizzy.” He softly nagged, and when Yumin stopped spinning — Yujoo was right, she got dizzy and almost stumbled backwards. The young fencer caught his sister though, sighing while Yumin giggled, just smiling sheepishly at her brother.

 

Minjoo also stepped out of the car, feeling the fresh air hit her skin. It was refreshing. “Minmin. Behave.” She said, and Yumin just pouted, linking her arm with her twin. “Keep an eye on your sister as always, Joojoo.” said the woman, turning to Yujoo who just nodded.

 

Yujin finally went out of the car after locking it, “Let’s go. They’re waiting by the entrance.” She said, and the family of four walked together to their destined spot. Yumin was actually skipping while holding her brother’s hand.

 

They met with the Chois before they all went inside the park after availing the tickets. The twins held Yewon in each hand, they talked about dinosaurs and other cartoon stuff but eventually got distracted by the stalls and rides.

 

Some people were staring at them, adoration and recognition written all over their faces. Of course, even though they weren’t active in the sports field anymore, it was undeniable that they were popular in their prime. Especially Minjoo. So their faces were really familiar to a lot of people.

 

The adults let the kids walk ahead of them, keeping an eye on them as they caught up with each other. Mostly talking about their own kids anyway. It wasn’t surprising that they all stayed close throughout the years.

 

“Yewon… I think she’s going to pursue swimming. She has potential and loves to be in the water.” Chaewon said when the topic went to sports.

 

Yena pouted, pocketing her hands, glancing at the kids who were happily pointing at the rollercoaster. “Hmph. I keep introducing Yewon to fencing but she’s not fond of swords. But swimming is good too.”

 

With Yumin’s pestering, they bought some waffles to eat as they roamed around and see what rides they could ride. The kids, of course, couldn’t ride the extreme ones — Yumin sulked because she wanted to ride the rollercoaster so bad.

 

They rode bumper cars with their mothers. They all happily rode and bumped into each other, especially Yena and Yujin who still liked to act like children — they kept bumping into strangers while laughing, even having a race. Yumin kept joining them though, driving in her mama’s direction at full speed and bumped into her.

 

Yujin almost got thrown over but thanks to the seatbelt, she stayed intact in the car. Her daughter was seriously a devil in angel disguise.

 

After a few rides they decided to have some lunch in a nice restaurant before continuing to roam around the place. Yujoo blaberred about checking some animals in the park and Yewon beaming, wanting to see giraffes.

 

They went to the ‘Lost Valley Wild Road’ and fed the giraffes, checked the tigers too. The kids had a blast, especially when they fed the giraffes. Minjoo excitedly fed them like an excited kid.

 

They continued riding the attractions. Yujin and Yena begged their wives if they could ride the rollercoaster and once they got the permission, they blasted off — leaving the kids behind. Yumin was pouting throughout and Yujoo just distracted his twin with a cotton candy. He knew that she badly wanted to ride the rollercoaster.

 

When Yujin and Yena went back, they looked like their souls were out from their own bodies which made Minjoo and Chaewon chuckle at them. The former fencers actually told their wives that they should try but the two refused, not fond of extreme rides.

 

Their journey around the park continued. Yumin spotted a game stall; the player could pick what ‘weapon’ they could use to pop the balloon and there was a choice for bow! Yumin was immediately intrigued, pulling her mommy with her.

 

Yewon was whining, wanting to play, and win that stuffed toy that caught her eye but of course, she didn’t have the knowledge or skill to use a bow or a gun or throw darts. She had no skills in archery unlike her mom Chaewon.

 

They just watched Yumin and Minjoo play at the side.

 

Although the bow was fake, Yumin and Minjoo managed. Both of them posed a stance of a professional archer, and shot arrows perfectly, always hitting the balloon. Even the stall tender had his jaw dropped, finally recognizing Minjoo — South Korea’s pride in the field of archery.

 

People surrounded them, watching Minjoo and Yumin in awe — some whipped their phones out to take pictures and film videos. Yujin just smirked in pride, wanting to boast that these girls were her wife and daughter!

 

The mommy and daughter duo looked serious, especially Yumin who was literally looking like she was competing for the nationals. The way she drew the arrow and released the bowstring — everyone was amazed.

 

Out of ten arrows, both Minjoo and Yumin popped ten balloons. Perfect score.

 

The stall tender was stammering when he asked them what prize they wanted. Yumin excitedly pointed at the cute pink teddy bear while Minjoo just picked her favorite gummy bears.

 

“You guys don’t need to snap that hard, you shocked the poor stall tender.” Chaewon said when Minjoo and Yumin went back to them, holding their prizes. Chaewon did not play with them because she was lazy, she reasoned. Yumin looked smug as usual.

 

Yujoo congratulated his twin. “Nice shots.”

 

Yumin huffed arrogantly, wiping her nose. “Of course, I’m Ahn Yumin! The future ace member of South Korea’s Olympic Archery Team!” She boasted and that made them laugh at her adorableness.

 

At the side, Yewon stared at the stuffed toy that Yumin had won, a little bit envious but also amazed at the performance that the older girl had put up. was literally agape as she watched her cool unnie!

 

Yumin noticed the stare, finally remembering, “Ah,” She suddenly exclaimed, turning to Yewon then presented the teddy bear. “Here, Yewon-ie. Unnie won it for you.” said the young archer, blushing all over as she handed the toy to dumbfounded Yewon.

 

The youngest kid was slightly surprised but when she realized that Yumin was giving it to her, she beamed. “Yumin-unnie, thank you!” She happily said, hugging the bear tightly, giggling.

 

Yumin blushed harder, shrugging it off, acting nonchalant. “Eh, it’s nothing.” Yujoo was just smiling at the side.

 

Blinking, the adults turned to look at each other, smiling.

 

Yumin was a nice kid, she was just very confident but all in all, she was a sweet, considerate kid. The twins had taken a liking to Yewon ever since she was born — especially Yumin.

 

While walking, Yewon hugged the doll while her other hand was holding Yumin’s hand. It was a cute sight, really. Chaewon and Minjoo couldn’t help but to snap some photos of their sweet daughters.

 

They decided to rest for a while in the garden, sitting on the benches, talking. They also had a photoshoot with the flowers — picture time.

 

Yena and Yujin left them for a while so they could buy their family some drinks. And while they were buying, they had a lighthearted conversation.

 

“If ever, Yujin, just if ever…” Yena said, her lips protruding unconsciously as she held the drinks tightly. Yujin smiled sheepishly at her friend, hugging the drinks using her arms because she got four.

 

“Once the kids grow up and well, Yumin and our Yewon-ie suddenly, y’know,” Yena vaguely said but Yujin understood what she was trying to say. Sometimes, it couldn’t be helped that they would think about things like this. Earlier, when Yumin won the toy for Yewon, it looked like a sisterly bond but who knows what the future would hold. “Will you allow it?”

 

Yujin nodded in confirmation, “I don’t really mind. To be honest, I will like that. Childhood friends to lovers. It doesn’t sound bad. I know Yewon will be a great kid once she grows up and Yumin will definitely be an independent, brave girl. I’ll support as long as my daughter is happy.” She answered smoothly. Seriously, there was no problem with that.

 

They went back to their family and saw that they were still having a photoshoot, this time though the kids were the one who were holding the phone and taking pictures of Minjoo and Chaewon — the two were posing like supermodels. The kids couldn’t stop giggling as they took pictures of their moms that were posing exaggeratedly.

 

“Let’s continue having fun with rides, yes?”

 

And they did. By the sun had already gone down and the moon was slowly rising and shining in the night sky — they had already ridden almost all the rides available in the park. The last attraction they rode was the ferris wheel.

 

The three kids insisted on riding the wheel by themselves only. But since their mothers trust them so much, they let them. It was well secured anyway and even though their kids could be very… playful, they knew when to act serious and careful. Yujoo was with them anyway, nothing bad would happen.

 

Then, each couple rode. Yujin and Minjoo used that short ride as a nice time for themselves. Minjoo’s head was resting on her wife’s head, holding each other’s hand while they talked about the random events from earlier. They also took pictures together while in the wheel and when they reached the very top — Yujin pressed a soft kiss on Minjoo’s lips, making the latter giggle.

 

Everyone waited for each other at the bottom. When Minjoo and Yujin hopped out of the ferris wheel, they saw the three kids by the side with a staff, giggling to each other. Chaewon and Yena followed with smiles on their faces.

 

After that, they finally decided to eat dinner and wait for the fireworks display. They were going to go home after watching the fireworks since it would be bad to stay later than that; it earned a lot of whines from the kids but of course, their parents’ words were absolute.

 

They stayed until finally the booming, colorful fireworks lit up in the skies. Everyone was tilting their chin up to watch the fireworks show in awe. What a beautiful sight indeed but there was something or rather, someone who was more beautiful than that…

 

Yujin turned to her side, watching her wife stare at the skies, squealing excitedly whenever a firework exploded. Minjoo was more beautiful than those fireworks. Yujin just grinned, pulling the love of her life closer to her before continuing to watch the fireworks with them — patting her kids’ heads gently as they also stared at the sky, murmuring about how pretty the fireworks were.

 

They just bought some souvenirs and other stuff then afterwards, they proceeded to go home. They promised that next time, they would be going to the water park, earning excited cheers from the kids.

 

The ride on the way home was pretty much silent because Yumin and Yujoo were fast asleep. The moment the car exited the parking lot of the Everland, the twins finally felt exhaustion creeping up into them. They surrendered to sleep after a few moments.

 

Well, the kids were definitely drained. Even Yujin and Minjoo were drained but they couldn’t wait to rest yet. All of them had a blast. Everyone had a fun time.

 

Yujin glanced at the rear view mirror, seeing Yumin sleeping soundly while leaning on her brother. Yujoo had his head resting on top of his sister’s, also asleep and looking peaceful. A smile made its way to Yujin’s lips before turning to her side to check on her silent wife.

 

Minjoo was blinking tiredly, looking in a daze, obviously tired and sleepy as well.

 

“You should take a nap. There’s about an hour left before we reach home.” Yujin murmured to her wife and the latter turned to her, shaking her head in refusal.

 

“No. How about you?” Minjoo said softly, considerate as ever. If everyone was fast asleep in the car, the driver might get even sleepier.

 

Yujin chuckled weakly at her wife. “Please, sleep. I’m going to be okay, hmm?” She reassured, glancing at her wife, setting the car into a steady pace before grabbing Minjoo’s hand with her other hand — her left hand on the wheel.

 

Minjoo pouted slightly, squeezing Yujin’s hand. “Alright. Just wake me up once we’re close, okay?” She murmured, yawning before shifting into a more comfortable position on the seat, fluttering her eyes close.

 

With a smile, Yujin just glanced at her family before focusing on the road.

 

***

 

Yujin had a hectic work yesterday. There were some major problems in the company after one architect’s mere incompetence so Yujin spent almost two days in the office, working non-stop to patch up the mistake her co-worker had made. After fixing the mess, she was desperate to go home. Thankfully, she was given a day off because of that.

 

When Yujin went home last night with extreme fatigue and migraine, she immediately plopped down to the bed and slept the night away — that was, of course, after giving her kids and wife kisses on the forehead. She was stressed and sleep-deprived — facing work for almost two days straight, the things she wanted to see were her wife and kids only.

 

Unfortunately, she didn’t get to spend time with them last night since she was exhausted and was about to pass out. Her vision even went dark in the middle of walking to her house but she managed. The kids and her wife let her rest though, concerned.

 

Next morning, Yujin was going to be better. That was for sure.

 

“Yujin, wake up,” Minjoo’s voice entered her ears, pulling her out of her dreamland.

 

Yujin whined, facing sideways as she pulled the comforter closer to her. She got enough sleep but she wanted more though.

 

“Come on, baby, it’s already late. Let’s eat breakfast with the kids. They’re waiting for you.” Minjoo softly said by her ear, feeling her presence beside Yujin — bribing her. Ah, using their kids to pull her out of the bed. Yeah, it was working.

 

With a groan, Yujin finally fluttered her eyes open, and wow — she was greeted by the most beautiful view in the world. Her wife, Minjoo.

 

Minjoo was smiling down at her and instantly, Yujin smiled sleepily at her, slowly sitting up as she stretched — rubbing her droopy eyes with her hand. Damn, she was feeling much better indeed. She still felt a little bit weak but she could function well now.

 

“Good morning.” Minjoo greeted her, leaning closer to plant a kiss on her cheek.

 

The former fencer pulled her wife closer to her, hugging her tightly, inhaling her scent which made her sigh in satisfaction. Minjoo just giggled, hugging her back for a few moments before breaking the embrace, pulling her out of the bed.

 

“Come on, babe. Fix yourself and let’s eat.”

 

Yujin did her morning ritual with Minjoo waiting for her by the door, and they went down together.

 

Yujin was expecting for the usual, but she was surprised to see a literal breakfast feast prepared on the table and she spotted Yumin and Yujoo by the counter, seemingly making a cup of coffee — the two looked like they got caught stealing cookies from the jar when the couple entered the kitchen.

 

Minjoo just chuckled, eyeing her kids fondly. “Earlier, when I was cooking — they suddenly told me that they wanted to cook for you too. They pretty much helped me to cook. That’s why there is more food than usual. Surprisingly, the twins did not mess up.” She enlightened the bewildered Yujin, dragging her to the table and making her sit on her usual chair.

 

Yujoo and Yumin approached her with smiles, the latter was holding a mug of coffee and handed it to her. “Good morning, Mama! Me and Joo helped Mommy to cook food for you!” She boasted, and pointed at the plate of scrambled eggs. “I cooked that on my own. And it’s my first time to cook that! I hope you will love it.” added the girl, then reached for Yujin’s face, kissing her soundly on the cheek.

 

That made Yujin grin, so her kids really cooked for her, huh.

 

Yujoo did the same, kissing his Mama after greeting her good morning. “We made your usual coffee too. I do not know if that’s the right blend but we tried.” He softly said, his cheeks turning pink. Yujin ruffled his hair fondly.

 

Minjoo giggled, gesturing for the twins to already sit. “Okay, okay. Let’s eat already~”

 

Yumin and Yujoo sat on their own chairs, and the small family started to eat their hearty breakfast together peacefully. The twins even proudly showed the food they cooked, giving their Mama a small portion of it on her plate, showing off. Yujin just laughed happily, joking that it all tasted bad when she took a spoonful of the food but actually it was all good.

 

In the middle of the breakfast, they conversed lightly as they ate. Yujin couldn’t help but to stay silent most of the time because she was watching her kids and wife intently.

 

Yumin and Yujoo were talking about how excited they were to compete for the nationals soon, determined to be more excellent in archery and fencing while Minjoo smiled at them fondly, nodding along — always reminding them to be more careful and never set studies aside as she took a sip from her own coffee.

 

Yujin’s heart warmed. Almost every morning, this was the scene that she had always witnessed but even so, it never failed to make her feel content and perfect — as if she already got everything she had wanted, well, actually — she had. Yumin, Yujoo, and Minjoo — they were Ahn Yujin’s everything. Her world. Her happiness.

 

Her home.

 

To be honest, sometimes, Yujin still couldn’t believe that she managed to build a lovely family with her wife. In rare sleepless nights while Minjoo was in her arms and sleeping, Yujin would recall her past — she couldn’t sink in the present happenings on rare occasions, it was overwhelming her.

 

Before, her life was just all about fencing but now… she was an architect, wife of Minjoo, and mother of two sweet kids. Oh, Yujin did not know that her life would turn out like this… having a lovely, satisfactory breakfast with the people she loved the most, spending time with them — gosh, Yujin was getting overwhelmed again because of something that happened on a daily basis!

 

Yujin could proudly say that she got everything she had wanted — needed in life. The life she thought she wouldn’t want and wouldn’t get.

 

To Yujin, her family wasn’t perfect but they were happy and content.

 

She couldn’t wish for more.

 

“Mama!” Yumin’s voice snapped her back into reality, and Yujin turned to her baby girl — she realized that the three were looking at her, a little bit worried.

 

Oops. Yujin probably really got lost in thoughts and went into a daze. She blushed because she got caught. She cleared , took another bacon and chewed it loudly.

 

“You good?” Minjoo asked, concern glimmering in her eyes.

 

Yujin nodded with a smile, glancing at Yumin and Yujoo then her wife. “Yeah. I just love you guys, so much,” She bashfully murmured but loud enough for them to hear it.

 

Yumin and Yujoo just smiled at their Mama with their dimples poking out, not really getting weirded out when Yujin suddenly said that she loves them. “I love you too, Mama!” The twins said in sync, grinning sheepishly at Yujin.

 

Minjoo chuckled, staring at Yujin with a soft gaze. “I love you too, my love.”

 

Yujin’s grin widened, and they all continued to eat wholeheartedly. Before their breakfast ended, Yujin told them that they should wash and dress up fast since they were going to the mall and spend time together. Yumin and Yujoo squealed in happiness, rushing to their Mama and kissed her on the cheeks. While Minjoo smiled sweetly at her and her twins.

 

Yujin wouldn’t ask more.

 

***

 

A/N: thanks to @/oriyenugh for commissioning me again to write this tooth-rotting fluff special chapter of bullseye. i hope you guys liked this pure sweet piece of fluff hahaha!

 

leave a comment~?