One

Sour Grapes and Sweet Lemons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Housing."

"Expense Account."

"Vehicle of any kind."

"Housing personnel."

"In--"

Minjeong peeked through the fingers covering her eyes, trying to catch a glimpse of the first word of the next item on her textbook. She closed the gap of her fingers once more when she was able to read the first three words.

"Interest on loan... at............... ."

The brunette dropped her hands completely, dejected that she barely recited the fourth item out of the ten items of fringe benefits she had to memorize by tomorrow. She looked at the clock. It was already 9:30 pm.

Minjeong knew she should have started studying way earlier, but who would study on a Saturday? It was her time to catch up on her much-needed sleep and rest after an exhausting week. She has also spent the rest of the day watching movies, and binging the second season of The Promised Neverland on Netflix until early morning. And as for today, Sunday, she went out to meet one of her seniors who was kind enough to lend her a couple of textbooks for this semester and for the next one. They spent the day catching up until dinner time.

By the time she got home, she changed her clothes and quickly opened her laptop to look for a working stream link for her to watch Girls' Generation's Yoo Quiz on the Block episode. It was the girls' first complete and official group schedule and appearance in four years, and there was no way Minjeong was gonna miss that.

After the episode ended, and after wiping a few happy tears away, she finally decided to fix her stuff for another school week. Minjeong was clearing her desk out, when she caught sight of her Income Taxation textbook, and instantly remembered that they had a long quiz for that subject tomorrow.

Which brings us to the present.

Minjeong skimmed through the next few pages of her Income Taxation textbook, which turned out to be one too many than what she has expected.

Twenty-six more pages.

There was no way she was going to finish the entire chapter by tonight, not when her eyes were already drooping due to her netflix binging last night. She decided right there and then that she was going to pull an all-nighter. And for that,Β she was gonna need a bit of help.

Minjeong got up and gave her body a little stretch. She went towards the kitchen and opened the fridge to get a can of her favorite coffee, only to frown when she found none. It slipped out of her mind that she was supposed to drop by the supermarket on the way home to buy some, but got distracted and made a bee-line home when she realized that it was almost time for the Girls' Generation's Yoo Quiz episode.

She closed the fridge in disappointment. It was too late to go out, but then again, it's either that, or she would have to risk failing her quiz tomorrow. Minjeong knew the latter shouldn't be an option, for her scores in her last two quizzes were barely passing. With that in mind, she hurriedly grabbed the sweater she used earlier that day and wore it over her shirt. She also slipped on her shoes, and grabbed her wallet, before heading out of her apartment.

Minjeong started walking towards the supermarket near her place. It was one of the things she was thankful for when she first moved here, though she never headed over this late at night before. Eight minutes later, she arrived at the supermarket. The guard greeted her good evening as he opened the door for her, which s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter