Chapter Five: Alpas

The Bossing and The Heneral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

WARNING! This story contains heavy cursing and violence!

 

"I'm bored," I blurted out, looking at the ceiling. "Nobody wants to play with me."

 

I heard a chuckle. "If beating somebody mercilessly until they die is your definition of playing, then nobody will want to play." 

 

I glared at my sister. "Hindi ako pumapatay, Ate."

 

"Muntik." Saad niya and I didn't bother to defend myself because it's true.

 

"Why are you here in my room anyway?" Pagi-iba ni Ate sa usapan.

 

"I want to spend some time with you?" I answered. That's fifty percent true, though. Fifty percent because I have another reason.

 

She smiled, knowing na hindi lang 'yun ang dahilan kung bakit ako nandito sa kwarto niya. "I know you, bunso. You rarely come to my room and in those rare times, parati kang may kailangan."

 

I sighed, finally saying what I really wanted to say to her.

 

"Fine," I paused as I look directly into her eyes. "I want us to go back to school."

 

Tumaas ang isa niyang kilay. "The two of us?"

 

Umiling ako. "When I meant us, the whole gang is included."

 

"Why suddenly say this?" She asked. 

 

I looked down on the floor and didn't answered. Honestly, hindi ko rin alam kung bakit gusto kong bumalik sa pang-basag-ulo na school na 'yun. I feel like there is something interesting happening there that I'm missing out.

 

Tumingin ako kay Ate na nag-hihintay pa rin sa sagot ko. 

 

"If I say that I just wanted to go back, will you consider it?" I asked, hopeful na sana pumayag siya. 

 

She just looked at me, not saying anything. And then her face suddenly broke into a smile.

 

"You know what? Yeah, let's go back." 

 

Wait, tama ba ang narinig ko?

 

"Yes, bunso. We're going back."

 

Did I said that aloud?

 

Ate chuckled. "No, baby. It's evident on your face." 

 

Finally realizing her permission, I tightly hugged her. 

 

"Oh wow, you're that happy talaga ah?" 

 

I nodded. "Yeah. I miss fighting and beating someone." Biro ko kaya nakatanggap ako ng hampas. 

 

Pero tumango-tango rin naman siya bilang pag-sangayon. "Actually, I miss punching someone in the face too. I also miss the others."

 

 I laughed. "They literally caused chaos in this house yesterday, Ate."

 

Halos magiba ang buong bahay namin kahapon and I'm not even exaggerating.

 

Ate also laughed. "Speaking of them, you should let them know that we're going back na pala." She said. 

 

Bakit ako? 

 

Umiling ako. "Ayoko. Ikaw nalang, Ate."

 

Hindi na rin pinush pa ni Ate because she understands.

 

My childish and talkative self will be out of sight kapag nandiyan ang barkada. Of course I still talk to them with only few words at hindi katulad kapag kami lang ni Ate ang mag-kasama. I'm literally the resident walking ice of the group that's why most of the time, nodding and glaring are my ways of communicating with them.

 

Kung ako ang magsa-sabi sa kanila, in just a minute, they'll be in this house, personally bombarding me questions. 

 

And I don't want them yet to see the full me, not that I don't trust them, but I have other reasons why I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter