Frei Aber Froh

FREE LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Blame it on LUP S3E28 5:20-5:40 and Irene's sudden Free Love - HONNE song suggestion. 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Piran, Slovenia 2018

 

They were in a van on the way to their last destination for this season’s Level Up! Project. Everyone’s quiet and catching up some sleep while on their 2 hour drive. Wendy’s sitting on the back of the van slowly regains her consciousness from slumber, trying to fully regain herself from daze. She shifts her eyes outside the window trying to take in the view of sea, hill, and modern houses “beautiful” she silently mumbles to herself with a sigh.

 

“Okay ladies, we’re almost there.” Their manager announced and one by one the ladies awoke, stretching and fixing themselves for their arrival. “Gosh it’s so pretty here!” the other ‘94 liner said excitedly followed by the others finally appreciating the view outside. “Look at that house!” Wendy exclaimed with so much admiration, fondness laced in her voice to which one will be naive not to know she’s falling in love with the place. “It says that the entire city is made up of Medieval houses.” their manager softly filled them in with facts about the city. Wendy exclaimed, overly ecstatic about the information she’s given, “Oh! Housing must cost a fortune!” her inquisitive side on fire with all the giddiness she felt from the amazing view before her. “I wonder how much would the cheapest house here cost.” she added head turning trying to catch as many views as possible with her eyes. “Yah, are you planning to live here?” the woman on the seat opposite of the row in front of her asked with a low chuckle. “Oh, I was just curious. It’s so pretty here.”



 

Piran, Slovenia 2025

 

“Joo, you forgot to tell me where we are staying, babe.” Wendy asked, tearing her eyes from the view her eyes are all familiar with. It’s been years since she first laid eyes on this city, she can still remember the feeling of falling in love with it. She fixed her gaze on the driver next to her waiting for a response when she found a hand slowly lacing to hers filling the spaces in between as if it’s been molded to fit only hers. “I didn’t know you got your international driving license?” she tried pressing more. Everything about this trip keeps surprising her so far, she doesn’t like being kept in the dark when it comes to trips as everyone knows she likes to plan ahead, research for things she’d love to visit and be as local as possible. However, her girlfriend had practically begged her to let her take the reins for this trip. Wendy, being too weak to resist her girlfriend’s pouty lips and puppy eyes, has willingly agreed.

 

“Calm down, love. We’re staying in an airbnb, you’ll love it.” emphasizing the word love as she takes pride with her choice, pretty confident that she knows her girlfriend’s preference pretty well. “As for my international license, I got it just a week ago. I asked our manager for help.” Irene said with a sheepish grin as she took a quick glance at her lover. The other just nods with a low hum surrendering fully to Irene. She’s with Irene. What else can possibly go wrong?

 

It didn’t take long before they pulled to a stop, a familiar stop. “We’re not going to our accommodation first?” She asked Irene as she steps out of the car reaching for Irene’s right hand while the other hand is holding out the car door for her. “Nope. I figured we can take a walk first and dinner or whichever you wanna do first.” Flashing a warm smile at her melting her slowly.

 

After their pleasant dinner, they started walking to the familiar streets and alleys of the seaside, hands naturally locked together unlike when they first went there. “This place barely changed. It’s still breathtaking right?” She heard her girlfriend asking, giving her hand a squeeze. “Remember this spot? This is where you gave me the cherries. I really thought they would cut it, you were too obvious!” She teased Irene, earning a light slap on her arm. “Yeah, as if they would. Not when you excitedly headed for the bakery even after I told you that it’s a bomb. Seriously, love what were you thinking then? That’s so funny. I had to rewatch and rewatch it and I still can't get over it.” Irene fired back with a disbelief lacing in her laughs. The other turned and pouted looking at her girlfriend laughing at her, “Well, you caught me off guard when you gave me the cherries with a smug look. God, Joohyun that was so hot and my mind really just went blank because all I could think about was kissing you and how my insides felt like there’s a whole conservatory of butterflies inside. The next thing I knew was me looking at the bomb tag.” She confessed, eyes ahead, lips slowly curling to a smile at the memory. It’s Irene’s turn to be rendered speechless, to feel what it was like had you swallowed a living butterfly or has fostered a whole damn zoo inside. Red blush slowly tainting her cheeks and ears, she stopped walking gently tugging Wendy’s hand.

 

Wendy looked at her, eyes questioning why the sudden stop. They’re currently standing on the spot they were in years ago. The only thing different is there’s not much people, no cameras to get them, no managers to keep them in check. Irene quickly scans the whole surrounding, finding too few people as it’s already a little over eleven. “Is it already too late?” Wendy frowned at her girlfriend’s question, not really getting the sudden question. “Is the kiss still up for redeeming?” Wendy finally getting what her girlfriend meant, smiled as she steps to close an armful distance between them, eyes boring on the brown ones, letting herself yet to be lost again, to be drowned in the warmth of her lover, “of course, thank you for the cherries, babe” she whispered before finally closing their gap for a quick kiss.


 

The two started walking back to their car taking note that it’s late and they need to rest for tomorrow’s plan. “You know, how were you able to convince the host to allow us to check in this late?” Right, her girlfriend is too familiar with the rules and procedure. Joohyun smiled as she started the engine and started driving, “Well, it’s a self check-in accommodation love. I just used a bit of my charm to convince her.” her girlfriend replied with a giggle.

 

It didn’t take them that long to reach the accommodation. Wendy fixes her eyes on the surroundings and as soon as she steps out of the car the fresh air hits her allowing her lungs to be cleansed by it, she inhales and exhales deeply. The sound of the waves softly crashing immediately registered in her sense, she roamed her eyes trying to find if there’s water nearby. She trails a path to which she assumes is the front lawn spreading on the entirety of the land on the other side. The house is situated on a hill that allows you to have an overview of the city and the sea. Ah that’s why I hear the waves. It’s fairly domestic, white fences, a dog house,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter