Sister?

The Getaway in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here, Jiyoo?" Jin stood in front of her with his hands on his waist, staring down at his little sister as she tried to avert her eyes. Unannounced, she had come directly to their three-days concert in Korea, stumbling her way towards the backstage, a "surprise" for him and with a puppy dog face. No wonder he was getting so many calls and messages from their parents, She really did run away from home.

"Look at me" his voice came out firm, a little louder this time, making her jump in her place but still not ready to meet the eyes of her flaming brother, this was inevitable, she knew he would be mad at her but she was out of money, spending all her remaining on buying their concert tickets; she had no one to run to, knowing her parents definitely won't transfer her a single penny until they hear her promise on "return home" which she is not planning to... at least not yet, so she just chooses what was easiest to do — convincing her brother to let her stay and borrow some money of course. 

Everyone in the room exchanged glances, they had rarely seen Jin being this on edge. Jimin who was removing his earpiece took the initiative to calm down the older one, gave a little tabbed on Jin's shoulder, and whispered something in his ear, which appears to be effective, because then he decided to sit next to her, after glancing around the room.  Their staff was busy doing whatever they were supposed to do, cleaning up and gathering the stuff but unconsciously very much aware of the situation.

Letting out a breath to calm himself,  he rubbed her back in affection. "What happened?" said carefully this time, keeping his voice just for them to hear. He wondered what their dad did now that caused her to run away from home. From what he had observed from her calls, whenever she was in distress there's possibly only two reasons, one her work, and the second their dad. 

He thought she had gotten used to putting up with dad looking at how rarely she mention her problems with him anymore. But maybe he was wrong, maybe she was taking it in a whole different way. Jiyoo met his eyes, a bit misty but she was determined not to cry, well at least not now when there are so many eyes are on them.  "Dad happened" she mumbled. 

It's confirmed now. This has to be something related to him constantly setting up marriage meetings and asking her to settle down.

"I'm pissed off at him" she crossed her hands over her chest in a hump. She and her dad have a never-ending beef. it's him who never misses a chance to irk her. Every single time when she visits them at their place or goes for a weekly dinner. He always has this emotional scrappy script ready, always making calls for marriage proposals, sending picture profiles of some random guys on her phone, "I'm tired of this" she let out.

And it makes her boil inside because she can't talk back to her dad, nevertheless, he is really difficult to have a two-way conversation with, she just can't get that thing inside his head that she doesn't want an arranged marriage. On usual occasions, she would just simply ignore him but it had been too much for her. 

With her shoulders slump down Jin found him slowly melting away, He pulled her closer to his side, promised her to have a serious talk with dad, though he had tried it before, maybe he can press on the matter with a bit firmness this time for her. She nodded, leaning her head on his shoulder, "you know you smell really bad?" she said, scrunching her nose, but didn't pull back, his shirt was now stuck to his chest with sweat, she felt his heartbeat still running on high pace. 

"and you know you look really ugly right now?

She whined and tried to punch him playfully when their green room door opened, Namjoon and Jungkook stepped in, breathing heavily sweat dripping down from their chin, she noticed they wore the same kind of white dress shirt as Jin, sticking to their body due to excessive sweating, 

She sat up straight carefully. Finding herself flushed red when her eyes accidentally landed on Jungkook, maybe he didn't notice the new face in the room because he was already ing his shirt, unknowingly giving her a glimpse of his chest, she averted her eyes, feeling blood rushed to her face. 

Hoseok was quick to poke Jungkook and Namjoon with his elbow, pointing at her with his eyes, Both frowned, they recognized his sister, of course, but what she was doing here, They didn't remember Jin mentioning that she was coming to the concert. Reading the room, they stayed silent. It was like a cue, Jin stood up "Let me introduce you guys to my younger sister here, Kim Jiyoo" She bolted right up, bowing down with a soft greeting to everyone. They had seen her in his family pictures, and Jin would sometimes talk about her, but this might be the very first time they had seen her in person.

Jiyoo didn't look anyone in the eye but felt all the attention was on her, it was her first time meeting the boys; last year her mom and dad did fly across the country to spend a new year with their son but she bailed out at the last minute due to her internship.

She turned to him saying she will be heading out before. To say the truth, Jiyoo was contemplating whether to call him or not, but as she was penniless, there was no other source she could run to,  and seeing that past messages from her dad, she assumed her hotel stay might extend even more.

Jin nodded and requested their manager to gui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter