Chapter 2

Dream Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


‘’Jonghyun my boy!’’ Mrs.Kim hugged her son tightly as he stepped out of the car in front of her house as he did every Sunday for a cup of tea. By the looks of the car in the driveway, his sister was already in the house, it excited him to spend time with the ladies.


‘’How have you been?’’ His mother asked.

 

‘’Same old, work is going well and the apartment is lively as ever thanks to Kibum.’’

 

His mother giggled and wrapped a gentle arm around his shoulders, ‘’Tell me more...’’ She said and guided him inside where he hugged his equally happy sister Sodam. He asked about the whereabouts of his father but Mrs.Kim told him he was out with a friend as the siblings followed her to the kitchen to help put the teacups on a tray along with a bowl of chocolate cookies.

 

‘’We went to a club last Friday, Kibum was the only one who didn’t drink. You should have seen his face when he had to drag all our asses back home.’’

 

The ladies laughed, ‘’That poor boy, I hope he’s doing well, is he still dating Minho?’’ His mother asked as she poured the hot water in the cups and added cute little tea bags to the side. Picking up the tray, he followed his mother and sister out into the garden, the weather was great for teatime.

 

‘’Yes they are still dating, Kibum is talking often about moving out and sharing an apartment with Minho, they are getting very close,’’ Jonghyun explained with a small smile. Sodam looked back at him with concern, ‘’Are you gonna be alright, alone in that apartment?’’

 

Jonghyun shrugged, ‘’I guess so…’’ He began and elaborated when his mother shared his sister’s concerned expression. ‘’...I mean we will still have our Friday get-togethers and Minho likes to come over to play games and watch soccer with me, that won’t change.’’

 

Sodam nodded, not convinced, and by the looks of their mother, she wasn’t either. She placed her hand on top of his and smiled sweetly, ‘’If you ever get lonely, you’re always welcome here.’’

 

‘’Thank you.’’ He was more grateful to them at that moment than he'd ever been. He took a sip of his tea as the conversation moved away from that topic, Sodam told them about a bird she bought with her boyfriend and his mother told them that she finally made a start on a certain book she had desired to read forever.

 

‘’Oh! I almost forgot.’’ Mrs. Kim said from behind them as the siblings were doing the dishes in the kitchen while she put the tea boxes back in a cupboard. ‘’Your father and I are organizing a big dinner again and this time we want to spice it up a little.’’

 

Jonghyun and Sodam exchanged glances, curious what their parents came up with now and knowing them it was either hilarious or downright embarrassing. ‘’What have you planned mother,’’ Sodam asked with a suspicious tone, pulling a giggle from her, and she placed a hand in front of .

 

‘’Oh please Sodam, no need to sound like that.’’

 

Jonghyun folded his arms and raised an eyebrow, backing up his sister, ‘’Tell us, mother.’’ He teased, using the same tone Sodam used. Mrs. Kim laughed, ‘’Alright alright...you two make me look like a villain and I haven’t even said anything!’’ She took a deep breath and walked up to her children, holding their hands, ‘’Well we decided not just to invite the two of you over but you’re allowed to bring your partner or a date!’’

 

Sodam blinked then grinned, it was a pleasant surprise as she could finally take her boyfriend over to these delicious dinners. ‘’That’s great mom! Minseok will be thrilled.’’ and got a wink in return, ‘’Thrilled to eat the food I bet.’’

 

They giggled, that wasn’t further from the truth, Jonghyun was quiet, unable to form words or share in the enthusiasm. It reminded him of his Dream Guy, so close yet so far away.

 

What would it be like to introduce his Sun to his parents, eat at their dinner table and hear his bright laugh amongst the chatter? What would it be like to drag his Sun upstairs to his old room just so they could escape his mother’s thousand questions?

 

Would it ever be possible for that to happen? Jonghyun let out a frustrated breath and looked away from the wall he had been staring at the whole time when he felt a hand on his cheek, ‘’Are you alright sweetheart? Is it something I said?’’ His mother asked.

 

Jonghyun faked a smile just to put her at ease, her idea wasn’t that bad, the smaller man just had no idea what to do, coming alone was still an option but wouldn’t that look odd compared to his parents and Sodam with her boyfriend?

 

‘’It’s okay, I’m okay.’’ He assured her and held her hands, ‘’I just don’t have a girlfriend or boyfriend at the moment.’’

 

‘’Oh…’’ She blinked, not expecting that, ‘’Well...what about a date? You dated a lot back in college hmm?’’

 

Jonghyun let out a low laugh, ‘’That was ages ago, but don't worry, I will think of something.’’ He rubbed the back of his, sweating slightly as he had no idea what to do.  Sodam smirked, ‘’Don’t worry, you’re a bit rusty, I’m sure you can get a date before we have our family dinner right?’’

 

‘’Hehehe I will do my best.’’ Jonghyun was internally panicking because he didn’t want a date, he wanted his Sun. ‘’When are we having it?’’

 

His mother and sister smiled brightly at him, ‘’Sunday the 16th over a month.’’

 

Jonghyun smiled back uneasily and his heart dropped in his chest, ‘’Right…’’ He nodded, there was no way his dream guy could be there with him and it disappointed him. 

 

‘’Bring Minho and Kibum as well, I miss those boys.’’ Mrs. Kim said, unaware of the problem she created for her son. Jonghyun nodded again as he turned to continue the dishes and as he eventually left in his car back home, Sodam and his mother waved goodbye.

 

‘’Am I wrong or was he looking upset?’’ Sodam mentioned the scene back in the kitchen, her mother worriedly looked back at her, ‘’You aren’t wrong, I hope your brother is alright.’’ Neither of them knew what was ailing Jonghyun but they hoped it wasn’t serious.


 



 

Kibum, Jonghyun, and Minho were sprawled across Kibum and his apartment floor, hanging out and eating the remaining pizza slices from a now-empty takeout box.

 

''When this is all over, I'm taking a vacation,'' Kibum mumbled, currently stressed about the Fashion show he was preparing. He loved his job as a fashionista but there were times he wanted to pull his hair out.

 

Minho hummed while playing Fallout 76 on the television and Jonghyun was spazzing out, unable to yank his thoughts away from his Dream guy, it almost became an addiction. 


''Where do you want to go? We already went to France and Japan,'' Minho reminded him as Jonghyun perked up, lifting his head from the pillow as he finally managed to pull free from his thoughts. ''Kibum is going somewhere?''

 

Kibum shot him a side-eyed look, ''You've been out of it a lot today.'' Jonghyun didn't say anything, he couldn't help it when he was constantly reminded of his Dream guy when Minho and Kibum flirted in front of him, which aroused envy in him. Why couldn't he hold his Dream guy close, say his name, and look at him without being afraid that he'll vanish into thin air? 


''How about London this time? It's what you like, right Minho?'' Kibum turned to his gamer-boyfriend who was about to kill a house full of Ghouls. Minho made sure his character was safe on the roof before giving the two other men in the room his full attention, ''If you want to go somewhere else then that's okay too.'' 

 

''Nope not this time, I want to see the things that make you excited.''

 

Minho's eyes lit up and he stood up and plopped down on the sofa next to Kibum to wrap his arms around the other man's waist and give him a big kiss on the lips, ''You're amazing! I always loved to go to London, to see Big Ben, London Eye, and Tower Bridge!'' His eyes were already twinkling in awe just by talking about it. 


He kissed Kibum again and this time the feline man responded with equal excitement. It had Jonghyun squirm on the other sofa while averting his eyes to the clock and groaning in almost despair, it was only 5 in the afternoon, not even dinner-time let alone for him to go to sleep and meet his dream guy on the other side. 

 

A nap usually didn't bring him to his Dream guy as the other probably wasn't sleeping during the day. Without noticing, the others stopped kissing to observe him as an upset expression melted in frustration and back to sadness. Kibum was growing worried for his best friend and he remembered that Jonghyun promised to tell him something. 

 

''Jonghyun...'' He began, gently pushing the taller man off and waited for Jonghyun to look at him before he reminded, ''Are you alright? You look upset lately and on Friday you promised to tell me something?'' 

 

Minho glanced between Kibum and Jonghyun, wondering what was going on, but he decided to keep his mouth shut as Jonghyun's behavior concerned him. The smaller man in question shook his head, ''I...I don't want to talk about it.'' 

 

''Come on Jjong, we are your friends and we promise not to joke around alright?'' Kibum offered kindly then glared at Minho and nudged him with an elbow, ''Right!'' He warned. Minho tilted his head then nodded rapidly, ''Yes no jokes!'' 

 

Jonghyun grinned slightly as Minho held his thumbs up and Kibum rolled his eyes, they were such a hilarious couple but Jonghyun was glad they had found each other, the smile faded at the thought of ever having his own lover and he gave in as the longing thought kept returning. 

 

Sitting up and crossing his legs under him he nodded at the two. ''Al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter