Conference

No Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mr Kim's question surprised Kyuhyun. That means, he knew about them?

"Ermm, Mr Kim, before I answer you, may I ask why did you ask this question?" Kyuhyun looked at him and asked politely.

Mr Kim laughed "Because I can see a change in Wookie's behaviour. She is more happier, more bubbly and... maybe .. in love?" he smile happily.

Kyuhyun smile "Yes..., I love her, Mr Kim", he said, and continued "But she didn't want to rush into anything and wants to enjoy being in a relationship first, so I promised her that we will go one step at a time and for me to prove to her, and to you and your wife, that I am trustworthy, successful in my career and love her with all my heart..."

"That’s the best news I've heard so far!! Thank you, Kyuhyun!" Mr Kim was genuinely happy. "To be frank, if you two like each other, I want you two to tie the knot ASAP, but well, if she wants to enjoy being in a relationship first, I will let it be. But, I will still regard you as my future son-in-law!"

"Mr Kim, I haven't officially seek permission from you for her hand" 

"Even if you haven't ask officially, I'm giving you my consent already hahaha" Mr Kim laughed happily. Who wouldn't be happy if his future son-in-law was the person that he like and approved! 

"Thank you so much Mr Kim. But in the office, treat me just like your other staff. I want to prove my capabilities without any special treatment... " 

Mr Kim nodded, and smile. He really admired Kyuhyun who, not only was very honest, but has his own aspiration and never wanted to take advantage. "But I can still ask you to join me for lunch, right?" he smile. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "Of course". 

"Of course what?" Ryeowook joined them with a plate of cut fruits. 

"Nothing... it's men's talk" Mr Kim joked and grinned at Kyuhyun. 

"Tsk... appa..." Ryeowook gave him a face. She turned to Kyuhyun and smile "Kyu, have some fruits..." 

"Thank you, Ryeong" Kyuhyun smile and took a small plate and picked some fruits. 

Mrs Kim joined them and they talked about seafood in Incheon, local wine and local dishes. Kyuhyun learned a lot about life in Incheon which basically was similar to Seoul, yet very different in a lot of ways. 

Ryeowook decided to stay overnight at her parents' home, so Kyuhyun left alone an hour later. He smile while driving because of the talk with Mr Kim. So, half the battle has been won, as Mr Kim approved of their relationship! 

Kyuhyun was very busy the following months, especially after he proposed to upgrade their company's staff access to be an all-in-1 accesses. 

Though he was busy, he would always set aside time to read new digital development, and find out details about these new developments. He chance upon an article on "Converting your business to embrace the digital platform space" which was a 2-day conference in Busan. It was organised by the Korea International Trade Association (KITA) who are currently pushing companies to go digital. 

He showed the article to Mr Kim during his lunch with him, without Ryeowook, as she has a lunch meeting with another client. 

"This conference is good! We should register for it! Me and you! It's this month, October?" Mr Kim asked. 

"Yes, it's on 21st and 22nd October. I've checked the date, it coincide with Busan International Fireworks Festival. If you want to attend, maybe you should bring Mrs Kim along, and maybe Ryeowook, if she can? I heard the fireworks are awesome" Kyuhyun suggested. 

"Ohmygod, you are really smart Kyuhyun! I'll get Wookie to apply leave and go with us. You help me to register ok? I drive down with my wife, and you drive down with Wookie" Mr Kim said with enthusiatic. 

"Sure Mr Kim! Do you want any other senior staff to attend this conference? I can register them together" 

"No no. Just me and you. We can stay till the weekend. You send the conference hotel details to Wook. I will get her to book the hotel, 3 bedrooms suite" 

"Ermmm, I'm okay to stay in another room..." 

"No, I want you to stay with us. We can talk about the conference or do any casual talk. I need a guy to talk too... " he laughed while they walked back to their office. Then he continued "Do you play golf, Kyuhyun?" 

Kyuhyun chuckled "No, I don't. Wanted to learn but didn't have the motivation to enrol" he grinned. "I guess because I find playing online games are more alluring" 

Mr Kim laughed "It's okay. Maybe one day you will be interested. It's really help me to de-stress, you know, it's just that sometimes the people who asked me to play with them are the ones I don't like" he laughed again. 

Kyuhyun laughed too "Does Mrs Kim or Ryeong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter