Dinner with the Kims

No Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lunch with the CEO and his daughter was enjoyable but frustrating for Kyuhyun, because he could not hold Ryeowook's hand. She was like 'so near yet so far' to him.

To Kyuhyun, Mr Kim has lots of envision for his company, always kept himself up to date of what was happening in the World, and an extremely caring leader. He was glad that he joined his company and happy that he could get this close with the CEO, all thanks to Ryeowook.

Mr Kim liked Kyuhyun's way of thinking, which was always thinking out of the box, which his other senior staff were lacking. To him, Kyuhyun has been a gem to him and he was glad that he found this gem, and he wanted to keep him in his company forever. He also hope that he could become his son-in-law soon. Like the saying... 'kill two birds with one stone...' he smile to himself while they started walking back to their office. 

The next few weeks were busy for Kyuhyun. He has meetings with his team every morning, and then with other senior staff, and with Mr Kim as well as with Ryeowook for the school project.

Project Wooing was fun and was a weekly affair. During the 2nd week, Kyuhyun surprised Ryeowook with breakfast for 2, on her table, and he came over the minute she reached office. On the 3rd week, he was at her apartment's door with a pretty bouquet of colourful gerbera, after knowing that her father has a breakfast meeting with a client. And on the 4th week, Ryeowook found a small pot of cactus with pretty flower at the tip, on her desk, and a cute card with words "Good morning, my beautiful".

They were on their way to the school for the weekly project meeting, when Ryeowook's phone rang. It was a Friday and Mr Kim asked Kyuhyun and Ryeowook to proceed without him as he has another meeting. 

"Hi appa, yes we are on our way. Ermm... tonight?" she glanced at Kyuhyun who turned to her questioningly. "Omma cooking? Woww..... ohhh errr, let me ask him..." and covered her handphone speaker with her hand, and whispered to Kyuhyun "Do you have any plans for tonight?" 

"Yes, I want to spend time with you...." Kyuhyun whispered back, grinning. 

"Yes, he has nothing on, appa" Ryeowook gave him a laughing look. "Okay will do. See you tonight". 

"What?..." he glanced at Ryeowook. 

"You are cordially invited to dinner, and omma is cooking... which is rare, because she only cooks for special people.." Ryeowook chuckled. 

"Ahhh.... so am I special?" 

"I suppose so....."

"So, I did make a good impression right, in front of your mum last time when you all came over to my apartment?" 

"I would think so...." 

"Should I tell them that I like you?" 

"No...." she looked at him with surprised... "I... I mean, not yet..." 

"Hmmmm.... right, project wooing is still going on..." 

"Kyu-Kyu, to be honest, I know appa knew that we like each other, but I don't want to rush things. I want you to settle down in work matters and show to appa that you are a great worker. I want you to shine in appa's eyes...." 

"I know my dear Ryeong...." he smile and reached for her hand and squeezed it. "I also want your father to judge my ability based on what I do, not because I like you. And anyway, we have already decided to take one step at a time... so..." 

"From the look of it, it might be a few steps at a time!" Ryeowook laughed, since her mother already took a fancy on Kyuhyun. 

"How do you feel about our relationship so far?" Kyuhyun looked at her when he stopped at a traffic light. 

"Moving beautifully, and I love it that you surprise me every week. You are so charming you know, always think of something to give me, and I feel so happy now, to be able to see you everyday...." 

"The only frustrating thing is, I can't hold your hand whenever we lunch with your father..." he grinned at her and started driving again. 

Ryeowook giggled cutely and Kyuhyun took her hand again and squeezed it. 

They were reaching the school and Kyuhyun slowed down as the road ahead was under school zone regulations. 

At the school gate, Ryeowook showed the meeting invite to the security guard, and they were allowed into the school compound. 

The discussion was very fruitful and a lot of gaps and areas have been covered. Ryeowook loved the way Kyuhyun steered the discussion throughout the meeting. He was very constructive, explained clearly right to the point, engaged the scho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter