Applicant

No Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ryeowook looked through the shortlisted applicants' files and nearly dropped her pen when she saw one applicant.

Cho Kyuhyun
Master in Business System, Analysis and Design
Current rank: Assistant Vice President
Current years of working: 5 years

"Is this Kyuhyun? My ex boyfriend, and the nerdy Kyuhyun? Can't be, he looked different. Maybe another person..." Ryeowook said, with a tinch of confusion and shock. 

The position that her company offered was for Vice President, and main role was to lead a small group of System Analyst for projects and system development for Kim Enterprise. 

Ryeowook was the Head of Business Development and daughter of the CEO of Kim Enterprise. Kim Enterprise specialises in Tertiary educational books and reference materials and had decided to venture into the online and system automation product market.

So her father had delegated her to interview and secure a suitable VP for their System Analyst team so that they could expand their business in this system design and automation world. 

The Cho Kyuhyun in this application form was somewhat different from her ex-boyfriend. Her ex-boyfriend had curly hair, put on spectacles, and quite nerdy because he just love online games, a bookworm and do online programming. 

They were together for their years in the university during their masters, but Ryeowook decided to break off with him before his enlistment, because her father had wanted her to come back to Incheon and join his company and to concentrate on the company's work. 

The Cho Kyuhyun on the form was with brown short hair, and no spectacles, and very handsome. 

She closed the file and closed her eyes. Kyuhyun... 7 years had past but she still like him a lot and wished that she could meet him again, to seek forgiveness and to explain to him why she had to leave him. Though he was a nerd, he sang beautifully to her and he was such a romantic and caring guy whenever they were together. But she broke his heart by leaving him. 

Ryeowook sighed and informed her secretary to arrange for the shortlisted applicants starting from tomorrow. She sighed again because she had been so busy that she couldn't even took a day off for her coming birthday, which was two days from now. Just like the past 7 years, she don't have anybody special to spend her birthday with anyway, so she would just work on her birthday. 

The 1st two applicants interview on the following day were good, but she didn't think those two applicants could do the job. Tomorrow, she would only need to go through 1 applicant interview as the 4th applicant couldn't make it and had to be reschedule to another day. And this 3rd applicant would be Cho Kyuhyun, which somewhat, Ryeowook was looking forward to. 

It was her birthday today, but Ryeowook felt very empty. She received so many birthday wishes in her social media accounts, and from her parents, but she still felt so empty. Kyuhyun used to sing for her on her birthday and he always let her win their online games because he said it was just because of her birthday. She laughed, recalling those beautiful days. But those were her past. She sighed  and got ready for work. 

Work was busy as usual. "Miss Kim, the applicant, Mr Cho, is here and in Room 1" Jessica, Ryeowook's secretary, informed her after opening Ryeowook's door. 

"Thanks, Jess. I go now" Ryeowook smile at her. 

"He's so damn handsome, by the way! You are so lucky to talk to him for the interview" Jessica told her, smilingly teasing her. Ryeowook chuckled and smile back and playfully nudged her aside. 

Ryeowook took a few deep breaths to calm herself as she was somewhat nervous! "Heyyy, why am I nervous??!! I'm the interviewer!!" she scolded herself. 

She opened Room 1 door, and saw a tall guy standing, reading something on his phone. She greeted him "Hi, Mr Cho, do have a seat" she said and was about to sit facing him, when she froze. 

The guy said "Thank you" and froze too when he saw her. "Ryeong??" he said with a surprised expression. 

Ryeowook was surprised too. Nobody called her 'Ryeong' except Kyuhyun! 

"Kyu-Kyu???!!! You... you are really Kyuhyun??" 

"Yes! Ohmygod, Ryeong!! I finally meet you!!" he smile so handsomely.  But then he realised that Ryeong was 'Miss Kim' that he was supposed to meet today. "Ohhh pardon my manners, Miss Kim, hi, I'm Cho Kyuhyun" he said, bowing politely to her. 

Ryeowook was still in shock. How could her nerdy ex-boyfriend looked so dashingly handsome now? But looking at his eyes, he was really her Kyu-Kyu!! 

"I... I'm sorry. Yes, please, do have a seat" she recovered after sensing that Kyuhyun was still standing. 

"Happy birthday!" Kyuhyun smile, while sitting down. 

Ryeowook looked up to him with surprise. "You remembered...." she somewhat started to tear! She quickly grabbed a tissue and dabbed the side of her eyes. 

"Of course. How could I forget..." Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter