Gun Game + Blood Spilt

The Cheerleader's Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person POV

 

As the atmosphere was wrapped in heavy silence, Minjeong kept glancing at Helena's goons inside the car with her. She couldn't understand what she was feeling at the moment, but one thing was for sure, she was angry. It angered her to no end that they were smart enough to separate her and Jimin to different cars, making her unable to comfort the girl in this rough situation. But after all the emotions she was feeling, she was confused at how Giselle dealt with the situation. Knowing Gi, she was always level-headed when it came to dealing with the same situation, but now it was like she wasn't even thinking straight.

 

How could she do something like this?

 

Yes, Minjeong knew Helena had Ning and she was really worried for the girl, she would have done anything to save her if Giselle had told her, or at least sent her a message, but she didn't, instead she jeopardized everything and Minjeong couldn't come up with an escape plan.

 

As Minjeong was so engrossed in her own thoughts, she suddenly felt a hand on her thigh, instantly snapping her out of her reverie and eventually glared at the guy sitting at her right side. Her blood had started boiling at the sudden contact but she clenched her jaw to control her anger. She held the hand on her thigh and whisked it off.

 

Breathe Minjeong, she thought, as she couldn't lose control, knowing what was at stake, but when she saw the ert's sadistic smirk, she completely lost it. Swiftly, she raised her arm and elbowed him on his nose causing him to yelp in pain.

 

She then turned to her left and held the other guy's head before bashing it to the window, cracking the glass on the process, rendering the guy unconscious. Hearing a groan on her right, she promptly elbowed the guy who was clutching his bleeding nose, instantly putting him to sleep.

 

She turned to the front and abruptly snatched the pistol that was about to be pointed at her by the guy on the passenger seat and knocked him off with it. But as she turned to the driver, the car suddenly swerved, throwing her off balance and unintentionally released the gun from her grasp.

 

When she recovered, she then felt a sudden pain on her cheek. The driver took the opportunity as he wrapped his hand around Minjeong's neck, squeezing it hard, while his other hand was on the wheel.

 

Even if the force was crushing her windpipe, Minjeong held the driver's hand, trying to pry it off her neck. When it was no use, she gathered her strength and hit the driver on his neck with the side of her hand, immediately letting her go. The sudden action caused the car to skew to the side, luckily Minjeong had a quick reflex and she managed to hold onto something before the car hit another vehicle. The sudden impact caused her body to jolt forward but it didn't do any major damage to her.

 

Groaning, she slowly sat up and briefly looked at the unconscious bodies around her. Good thing they didn't tie her up or she couldn't have teach the erted guy a lesson, as well as the others.

 

Taking a deep breath, she opened the car door, only to find guns pointing at her direction.

 

"Great," she mumbled, rolling her eyes.

 

"Stand down, you idiots!" Giselle shouted when she appeared, glaring at the guys, "We're in public, for 's sake!" she added strongly. A goon with high cheekbones sidled behind her and suddenly yanked her arm.

 

"You can't tell us what to do anymore, Giselle." the guy said to her. He then motioned to two certain guys, "bring the girl to the car with Giselle now! And you, deal with this situation," he added assertively.

 

"On it, boss."

 

The boss’ guy hauled Giselle away and as instructed, two guys came near Minjeong and dragged her out of the car. As they walked, she heard soft clicks behind her and knew right away they had finished the guys she beat up earlier.

 

Feeling pissed off, she flicked the goons' filthy hands off her, "Back off, morons!" she hissed, "I can walk on my own." After glaring at them briefly, she strode off, lowering her head as few people were watching them in fear and panic.

 

When she reached the car, she eyed Jimin on the other car shortly, putting on a small but reassuring smile before taking off her wig and got in the car. She tossed the wig aside and sat beside Giselle, ignoring the girl as she didn't want to deal with her at the moment.

 

"Try that same stunt again girlie, or I'll blow your ing head off," the guy with high cheekbones threatened behind the two girls, pointing a gun on Minjeong's back at the same time. She just rolled her eyes even if she wanted to bust the guy's skull.

 

The car had started moving once again, but still Minjeong could feel Giselle's gaze on her. She felt bad for ignoring the girl. Although she felt a little pissed, she couldn't blame Giselle for Minjeong knew the girl didn't have much of a choice and she understood it. The thing that angered her the most was that she couldn't think of a way to get out of the mess. All of their lives were at stake now and she couldn't do anything about it.

 

"I'm sorry," Giselle blurted, bringing Minjeong out of her thoughts, "I didn't mean to do this Minjeong, I didn't know what..."

 

"I don't want to talk about it Giselle," she responded coldly. She couldn't deal with her apologies right now for she was trying to think of a plan.

 

Hearing Minjeong's blatant response, Giselle couldn't help but feel hurt. She couldn't blame Minjeong though for she deserved to be hated after what she had done. She just wished that Minjeong would hear her out, and even if she couldn't accept her explanation, atleast she had told her the reason.

 

As silence once took over, Giselle thought back at that time when Red came in, dragging Ning with her. When she saw how frightened and bruised Ning looked, it broke her heart. Apparently, Red had used Ning to taunt her, to get a reaction out of her and threatened she would kill her if she wouldn't bring Jimin back to Helena. Red had went too far to prove she was doublecrossing her mother.

 

"Talk to me Min," Giselle started once again, causing Minjeong to clench her jaw. Apparently, aside from anger bubbling inside her, curiosity was also eating her alive. She might be pissed at the moment but she was desperate to know something.

 

She gave in and turned to Giselle.

 

"Why do this Gi? You could have told me about it. I would have done everything to help you save her."

 

Giselle shook her head, recalling how they had hurt Ning. "They threatened to kill her if I don't deliver Jimin to Helena."

 

"Red?"

 

"Red and Elle. Red has been suspecting me from the start, trying to sabotage me, to prove to Helena that I'm double-crossing her... and now I can say she succeeded in doing so."

 

Minjeong stayed silent for a while as she watched Giselle looking so distress. The calm and collected girl she knew was gone, of course, no one could act calm in the a situation they were in but the way she was acting, it made Minjeong think that there was more to it than she let on.

 

"Say, Giselle... how much does Ning mean to you?"

 

"What?" The question caught Giselle off guard as she didn't expect Minjeong would ask her that.

 

"I care about her Minjeong. I-I, um...I'm in love with her."

 

 

***

 

 

Jimin

 

My gaze darted from Minjeong to Giselle as we walked towards a small and abandoned building, few goons in tow. They seemed like they were communicating silently as they kept glancing at each other and normally, I would have asked them what was going on, but I decided not to as it wasn't as important as the situation we were in. I hoped that whatever Minjeong and Giselle had kept, it involved us getting out of here.

 

"Are you okay?" Minjeong asked as she slowed her pace and walked beside me. She looked agitated but that was expected as I was feeling anxious myself.

 

"Yeah, but I would have preferred a hotel than this rubble," I answered jokingly, trying to distract myself from thinking too much.

 

She looked at me, deadpan, "Seriously?"

 

"No, can't you tell I'm joking?" She shook her head before looking ahead. Two guards who were already waiting by the door had opened it, causing me to in a breath. I couldn't believe I would be seeing The Mother this soon, and probably this time, she wouldn't go easy on me.

 

As the room was in full view, I breathed a sigh of relief when I didn't see The Mother's figure. All I saw were Red and Elle waiting in the distance. Seeing them, I thought it was probably their idea to bring us here in this crappy place. If they were going to kill us here, this wasn't where I imagined my death.

 

As we got near them, I noticed Red and Elle's surprised faces when they saw Minjeong and I would have laughed at them if the circumstances were different.

 

"Well, well, well...Look what the cat dragged in!" Red's delighted voice echoed throughout the room, making me roll my eyes. 

 

"Giselle, I admit, you outdid yourself this time. I asked for Jimin and you brought me her...with her bodyguard," she said, shifting her gaze to Minjeong. 

 

"It was a nice move, faking your death...You really got us there."

 

"Why, thank you," Minjeong replied sarcastically.

 

"Okay Red, enough chitchat, where is Ning?" Giselle queried angrily. With a smile, Red motioned to a guard and whispered something to him before he slipped out of the room through the backdoor behind Red and Elle.

 

"Gosh Giselle, you're acting like lovesick puppy,” Red spoke, shaking her head.

 

I gazed at Giselle and saw how she pursed her lips, glaring at Red, causing me to frown in confusion. She neither confirmed nor denied Red's comment, making me think that either she just didn't want to deal with Red's useless blabber or she really was in love with Yizhuo.

 

The backdoor suddenly burst open and came in the guard, dragging Ning with him. She looked up, now that I got a good look at her face, I noticed a bruise on her left cheekbones, a gash on her forehead and a busted lip with a small trickle of blood. I remembered Minjeong mentioning how she would pass out if she saw blood and if she would see herself right now, she would definitely be out cold, or she probably passed out a couple of times already.

 

"Let her go Red, she has nothing to do with this," Minjeong hissed causing Red to snort in amusement.

 

"Yeah, you already have us Red, let her go," I said seriously.

 

"Oh, I didn't expect you to have a good side Jimin." Elle spoke for the first time, smirking. 

 

"I'm afraid I can't do that girls," Red said, grinning.

 

"You see, The Mother specifically told me she wants to play a game when she gets here, and that your friend Ning, can make the game very interesting." I in a deep breath when she mentioned The Mother's name. After all the things she has done and the things she had let me see, I felt like I had been traumatized.

 

"Oh speaking of the boss...she's here," Elle mentioned excitedly as she looked past us. I stiffened but I readied myself for our encounter. Even if my mind was telling me to keep calm, I could still feel my heart pounding and it was as if in rhythm with the quick clicks of The Mother's heels against the ground. And now that I thought about it, I knew she didn't come alone as I heard her conversing with someone.

 

When she had reached in front of us, together with two other women, I let out a sudden breath when I felt her intimidating aura. And as she roamed her gaze and it landed on Minjeong, my lips curled up into a small smile, because for once, I saw her intimidating and confident mask had slipped off.

 

"Y-You're alive?" she asked incredulously with a surprised expression written on her face, but it was shortlived when she quickly recovered and plastered a smile.

 

"Well, this is a surprise. You managed to fool me, just for a short time though, but it was enough to amaze me...which is why, you deserve an applause." With that, she started clapping and her smile grew wide when her lackeys joined her moments after.

 

"Now, let's talk serious shall we? Allow me to introduce these two women with me... Minjeong and company, meet Victoria," she gestured to the beautiful woman with amber eyes, with full red lips and an auburn hair cascading to her shoulders.

 

"It's nice to finally meet Minjeong. The girl who took down Micky," she said, flashing her perfect white teeth.

 

"And this is Alex," The Mother continued, motioning to the pale woman with a black pixie cut hair. My eyes darted to the exposed skin on her upper body which was covered with tattoos as she was wearing a black sleeveless tee.

 

"I can't wait to kill you all," she remarked.

 

"Can't say it's nice to meet them," Giselle retorted, directing to her mother.

 

"Oh Aeri...you really broke my heart sweetheart. I gave you a chance but instead you chose to betray me. I should have believed Red from the start, I should have known you'll only double-cross me."

 

"Well, it's not my fault you're easy to fool, and know this Helena... as long as you're The Mother... I would never come back to you."

 

Helena clenched her jaw briefly before faking a smile once again. "Suit yourself. I don't really need you... Now if you will let me continue my introduction, I bet you'll definitely wanna know these two ladies with me."

 

"What's so special about them?" I blurted out before I could stop myself causing Helena to shift her attention to me.

 

"Oh my dearest...you, all of you, are looking at the two ladies of the Triad."

 

"I guess there's no need to hunt them down now," Minjeong said seriously,

 

"What are they even doing here? Aren't you afraid that when we get out of here, we're going to go after them?"

 

Helena smirked, "Well, that is if you all can get out of here alive, darling. And to answer your question, I invited them to watch our little game and to... witness how I'm gonna kill you. All of you." 

 

Hearing her threat made me gulp down the lump on my throat while getting goosebumps all over me.

 

"Now shall we start?" she added eagerly. I could tell she was enjoying this.

 

Taking in a deep breath, I looked at Minjeong beside me and noticed the slight panic in her expression. I knew she was thinking of a way out but I didn't think gettin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter