In For A Surprise

The Cheerleader's Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjeong

 

 

Three days had passed since Ning's kidnapping and since then, she has been silent and distant. She hardly talk and oftentimes kept to herself.

 

I sometimes found her crying alone in my bedroom, yes in my bedroom, since she was sleeping with me for the time being, as she asked me to and thankfully, Jimin understood and agreed to sleep with Giselle in the meantime.

 

It was also the third time I was woken up by Ning's squirms and shouts as she had a nightmare again. I pulled her close and enveloped her with my arms while rubbing her back as she sobbed against my chest.

 

"Shhh, it's okay, it's just a nightmare. I'm here, I won't let anything happen to you." 

 

I cooed as I wiped the lone tear that escaped my eye with the back of my hand. It was painful to watch her like this. This was messed up. She was breaking apart and I had no idea what to do. It would be helpful if her parents were here but they were still away and she asked me not to tell them or it would complicate things.

 

God, I felt awful thinking how reckless I was to put her in danger and almost got her killed. This was why I didn't want anyone to get close to me because in this line of work I had, there was no time I would be safe.

 

"I can't let you put your life in danger anymore Ning. I guess it's best for you to stop coming here for the meantime. We can hang out in school but not here, it's not safe." 

 

 

"No. I don't want to be away from you. I want to spend time with you as much as I can, I don't care if it's safe or not."

 

"I can't let you do that. I barely saved you last time and I don't want to risk getting you hurt again. Think about what your parents would feel if something happens to you. If you don't care about your safety, atleast think about your parents." 

 

She opened but closed it immediately and avoided my gaze. I knew it would be hard to convince her that was why I had to use the parents card on her so she would think twice.

 

"Think about it okay?" She nodded, her eyes glistening once again.

 

"We should go back to sleep." I added, patting her pillow.

 

She needn't be told twice as she laid down easily, flashing a quick small smile before turning her back to me. I dragged the cover to her shoulder level and laid down, staring at her back. Even if I was used to her being around here, I knew she needed to stop coming here for her own safety.

 

Yawning, I closed my eyes to welcome the sleep once again but it didn't happen when I heard a shout from the other room. I quickly got off and grabbed the gun I hid under the bed before bolting to the other room. I kicked the door open and aimed the gun to no one in particular.

 

"What the hell?!" Giselle gasped with a surprised and questioning look while Jimin was frowning on the floor.

 

"What, there's no intruder?" I asked and slowly lowered the gun.

 

"Do you see anyone aside from us?" Jimin asked sarcastically as she heaved herself up.

 

"But I heard a shout." I complained, glaring at both of them.

 

"It was me ‘cause Giselle here pushed me off the bed." 

 

Of course that was it. I should have known and now I embarrassed myself. What was I thinking?

 

Well, you didn't think, you just bolted right away!

 

I shook my head to get rid of my opposing self and looked at Giselle.

 

"Gi, you need to stop this. First, you locked Yooji out of your room, then you locked her in the bathroom last night, and now this...Giselle!" 

 

I exclaimed in defeat. These two were just impossible to get along.

 

She shrugged and laid down on the bed as if she hadn't done wrong. 

 

"Well, sorry I can't help it. Goodnight Min babe." I rolled my eyes then looked at Jimin who was sitting on the edge of the bed.

 

"Mindong, please take me back. Since I've been here, I haven't had a goodnight sleep. Please, let me sleep with you."

 

"You can have the bed back Jimin..." Ning spoke behind me. She walked to stand in front of Jimin and smiled.

 

"But Ningie, are you sure?" I asked in concern, after all, she was the one who asked to stay with me.

 

She nodded, "Yes Minjeong. I will be fine." I hesitated as I looked at her.

 

"If that is so, thank God." Jimin mumbled while stretching her arms up and walked back out of the room.

 

Ning smiled after she was tucked in bed. 

 

"Goodnight you two."

 

"Night Ning." I replied then closed the door gently.

 

 

***

 

 

I groaned awake when I felt several gentle taps on my thigh. Even without looking at the time, I could tell it was too early to get up for school.

 

"Go away," I mumbled, slapping the hand that was bothering me. After what happened last night, I definitely needed a long and deep sleep, I didn't care if I had to be late or absent in school.

 

"Oh for God's sake, wake up Minjeong!"

 

I heard Jimin hissed followed by a shooting pain on my thigh as the gentle taps became a hard slap. I kicked the cover down and grudgingly sat up, glaring at her.

 

"You better have a good reason for waking me up this early Jimin." 

 

I warned, crossing my arms over my chest. She held up her phone briefly before shoving it to her pocket.

 

"Dad mentioned about his private room in his office, he said it's time to open it."

 

"Do you have a clue what's inside that room?"

 

She shrugged, "Not even a slightest. Now come on, I'm dying to see what's inside of it considering it's been locked for I don't know how long."

 

"Can't we just go like after school?" I asked in defeat as I got off the bed.

 

"Nope. I'm too excited

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter