Just Like Magic

Just Like Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie Kim is not your type of superstitious girl. and definitely not a religious one. she merely believes in healthy living wherein focusing on yourself is the main goal. and second, seek happiness on good deeds, don't mind other people's business and embrace your imperfection. attract everything you want and remove the negative energy around you.

 

As simple as that.

 

"You may never believe any word on what your friends said.. but if you do, just write your name in a piece of paper and place it in the hat. you must place it when the clock turns at twelve twenty one in the morning if you want to meet your soulmate."

 

A stranger who looked like her grandmother told with orbs sheen as jennie looks at her, "don't forget to snap your fingers for the magic to happen." the old lady adds gracefully with a little smile on her face, reaching for jennie's arm and softly squeezed it with eyes that the young woman feels like she's hypnotizing her.

 

Jennie and her friends have been hanging out in the rural part of the town, this village is full of green grass with open space which is perfect place for unwinding. they crashed on a small bar and decided to drink the night away. 

 

Earlier, the woman abruptly appears, not that jennie is concerned. she's clothed as how old ladies dressed yet jennie is sure her eyes are glowing in different shapes. she don't know how to explain it but it lights up more than a normal eye do. she seems insouciant about the old lady and on the stories she's been hearing but her friends started to tell the tale of a hat in a haunted house next to the tavern.

 

Jennie heard that it was from a man who travelled through time and entitled himself as cupid. on that moment, she rolled her eyes out of boredom because she knew it's just a story with full of . but they added that the man called himself cupid because he made everyone who believes on him meet their soulmates.

 

Now, she is kind of intrigued by the narrative.

 

"You should try it, jennie. maybe because of this you'll be able to meet your forever one." nayeon and her friends cackled when jennie obviously gagged at the word 'forever'. 

 

The cat eyed woman shakes her head in disagreement then heaves a sigh, she can not admit that she's curious about this 'soulmate' thing because she'll definitely be poured of teasing from her friends.

 

They even accused her as aual when she shows no interest in flirting, relationships and love.

 

"Stop it, nayeon. I'm perfectly fine loving myself." she sassed, bringing the glass on to imbibe the soju they've been drinking.

 

Jennie then eyed the old woman who walks away after talking to her, she quirks her eyebrow in confusion because she is sure it's not even a minute when the old woman walked away. but it seems like she's so far right now.

 

She closed her eyes and shakes her head once again, telling herself to quickly abort her growing interest about the canard and then proceeds to drink, planning to get guzzled on the rest of the night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jennie... Kim.. yes, that's my name!" she slurred to no one, her right hand is raised in the air with a tissue placed between her middle and pointing finger, her name is carved on it. she drunkenly move her way to the abandoned house past midnight, unconsciously doing what the old woman told her to do. she leave her friends at the bar, all of them are sleeping with empty bottles around them.

 

She saunters her way inside the establishment with blurry eyes. she's tipsy but she can perceive that the place is not as scary as haunted house looked, furnitures were covered of white fabric and the paint of the walls seems to be still intact. the lights were on and she feels like the house is waiting for her arrival.

 

She feels that her feet dragged her way upstairs, a beaver hat welcomed her laying upside down on the middle of the bed when she opened a room, which is spacious and surprisingly neat. walls mirrored the color downstairs and wooden cabinets standing on the side. a chandelier hanging on the ceiling with lights illuminating shade of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter