night at the circle

Spaces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Song recommendation for Part I: Daydreaming by Paramore



 

After the eventful Monday of seungwan, the following days are just full of the newbie running the hallways like a horse. As for the reason that her consecutive subjects’ rooms are undeniably far from each other and she’s still adjusting from it all. They did not say in the orientation that the top skill you need in order to survive college is to be a runner. I myself is an athlete but good god i bet this school is designed to exhaust my poor lungs! It's really testing me and my patience and my hope and my strength and my goal to not be late to my classes!


 

Seungwan figured she was in real trouble since all of her professors had been doing so much for the first week of her college, assigning never-ending schoolworks, recitations, surprise quizzes and lab reviews. Seungwan might be new to all this overflowing school work but she's kinda enjoying it, yes she’s enjoying the torture for she's able to move her mind away from the woman.

 

Speaking of the woman, the freshman felt her unnie was excellent in avoiding her, since she hadn't seen her since the locker area moment. But if given a chance for them to meet again in this huge school, Seungwan won't think twice and drop a sweet high or even a wave. Destiny might hate her or even the girl she likes might hate her, but Seungwan will never be bitter about what happened. Me a martyr? No. A clueless person that’s longing for answers, yes, maybe.

 

She will never act irrationally as long as her heart allows it, not until Joohyun speaks to her like a mature person would do. She will never despise her; she may be offended and broken, but she is not hurtful. Joohyun would have to throw a lot more punches and make a thousand hateful words before she gives up and despises her, but that isn't the case right now. I can still handle them Joohyun unnie, I still can.

 

In the past few days as a freshman in SNU, Seungwan kind of made friends aside from the gossip girl squad, she met this girl Dahyun, they're in the same program and age. Seungwan was the one who approached Dahyun first because she doesn't have pad paper, and fortunately Seungwan has it. Dahyun doesn't have to say anything because Seungwan saw her nervousness and handed her a pad of paper on her own.

 

Might be shocking but Seungwan has come a long way from that 2nd year Seungwan in SMhigh, thanks to a specific unnie who has taught her how to bring a bag to school with actual school materials in it, not just a big bag filled with air.

 

Apart from her new friend Dahyun, Seungwan tried her best to figure out the school's premises on her own because she was too shy to ask her roommate. Jennie is already starting with her plates which the younger noticed and Seungwan doesn't wanna bother her roommate.

 

She discovers the school’s track and field oval and sees the students playing around. And that's where she found her safe space, there are bleachers around the football field and that's where she goes when she doesn't have classes alone or sometimes she's with the gossip girl squad in the cafeteria when they have the same free time. She enjoyed both companies, they make her happy, somehow.


 

__________

 

Today is Friday, Seungwan is sitting at the bleachers of the football field and she just received Seulgi's message that they are already in the city, and they can finally hangout. Seungwan's mood is so happy that she can't help but smile and kick the air with her feet as she replies with her friend. She was about to type that they can have a night out, on Saturday but suddenly somebody pokes her side and Seungwan already knows who that person is.

 

"Yes miss kim do you need anything?" Seungwan said, still looking on her phone


 

"Nothing, you look happy, that's why I'm here to stop you from being happy."

 

And the younger can't help but laugh at her roommate's words. Jennie unnie might not know but she really is a funny person, saying scary words with that cute face is really a funny thing to me.

 

"I am really your clown aren't I? "

 

"Unni cause it's your face!"

 

"Why? It's scary that's what they say. "

 

"What? who said that? they're lying, Unnie you're funny cause you always sound intimidating but when I look at your face and realize that those words are coming from you, I can't help but laugh. "

 

"You're weird. "

 

"It's because of your fluffy cheeks unnie, how come they say those stuff, are they blind? You literally look like Hamtaro"

 

“Now, look who's talking.” Jennie said as she rolled her eyes at the younger one, obviously with fluffy cheeks too.

 

"Whatever, you're the only one who says that."

 

"You're right, I'm the only one who sees it that way, anyway. Don't be bothered by it, you're still an ice princess to them." Seungwan replied while shrugging her shoulders.

 

"Ice princess? That's corny as ."

 

"I know right? It only looks good in ao3, I'm never gonna say that in person again ugh why did i even bother. Ugh that’s a cringe!" Seungwan said while acting like she was barfing, making her roommate have a disgusted face too.

 

"Too much reading fanfiction Seungwan, that's why you're still single. "

 

"Hey, that's foul! How about you, you're not reading anything but still you're single and dry too!"

 

"Single and what?! Come here you naughty kid!" Jennie said, pulling Seungwan’s ear.

 

"I'm just kidding! I'm getting good with my comebacks right? See I'm a fast learner."

 

"Should I be proud?" Jennie asked while shaking her head, with a deep sigh.


 

_______

 

The two were just sitting comfortably talking about random stuff, completely oblivious to the fact that the day was drawing to a close. The field is surrounded by a beautiful pink sky, with a cool breeze brushing over their skin.

 

"It's already sunset unnie, do you still have classes? Are you gonna have dinner outside again?"

 

"Nope, don't have plans for tonight. Gonna eat healthy ramen with my noisy roommate, I guess."

 

"That's true."

 

Jennie looks around and waits for a couple of seconds before she asks her roommate regarding a certain occasion.

 

"You're coming tomorrow?"

 

"Freshman night? Nope unnie, I only know one freshman and I'm hundred percent sure she isn't there too." Seungwan politely responds to her sunbae's question. I heard about that party the whole week, and saw how excited my classmates were. But I really am not interested in going though, I’m planning to go out with my ball friends and that’s more fun.

 

"Well, we are there. You don't wanna be with us? You don't like our company. Are we boring to you? That’s it?"

 

"Do I smell guilt tripping and lowkey gaslighting there unnie?" Seungwan asked, raising her eyebrows at her roommate.

 

"Where? I don't smell anything. I only smell I hate being with Jennie and I don't see her as a great company. " Jennie innocently said, obviously denying the accusations. And the younger one was taken aback with the action, even putting her hand on her chest with a shocked face.

 

"That some next level guilt tripping unnie! Still a no for me." Seungwan said while shaking her head as a no, mocking the older.

 

"Okay. "

 

Seungwan did not reply to anything, and just stared at the older girl beside her who's trying so hard to look scary and uninterested with her decision not to attend. Tsk this unnie, really.

 

"Okay, I don't care anyway."

 

"You can have fun sometimes, we're still on our first week tho. But okay, If that’s what you really want. Okay then..."

 

Seungwan still has no reply and just lets the older girl sulk beside her who’s still guilt tripping the hell out of the younger.

 

"So you don't like my company Seungw-"

 

"Okay you won, I'll go ugh."

 

Jennie just smirks at the younger, and the latter just rolled her eyes.

 

“I knew it.”

 

"So here’s the deal, If I get drunk and you won't immediately bring me home unnie and I'll end up in somebody's bed , I will hunt you forever. I will put pepper and salt in your tampons, miss kim!”

 

“That’s nasty.”

 

“Unnie, I said that if you will just let me out there do stupid things and not bring me home, I’m stealing that Barbie tumbler.”

 

“Hey, that's a gift from my roommate!” Jennies exclaimed, earning a raised eyebrows from her roommate.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I will bring you home when you’re drunk and nasty.”

 

“If you won’t look out for me, you’re gonna wear my ahjussi clothes for a week!”

 

“Hey, that’s a lot, why did I even invite you. Okay okay, tsk didnt know there's an evil dwarf inside you.”

 

“That’s good because I maybe wanted to look cool and be that mysterious freshman who stays in the corner in a party, and only drinks soda, but I won’t. Because your roommate loves to drink, and I need to drink. So thank you in advance, unnie.” Seungwan said, tapping her roommate's shoulder.

 

“Whatever you say.”

 

“C’mon let’s go home. I’m starving unnie!”


 

________________

 

While laying on her bed, Seungwan dialed her friend’s number to decide the final plan for their night out.

 

“Seulgi, let’s just plan our night out on Sunday. Is that okay with you guys?”

 

“Byul said it’s okay as long as you pay for the first round.”

 

“Tell her you please seul.”

 

“Byul said she loves you too.”

 

“Okay so Sunday night, g?”

 

“Yeo! Seungwan be careful on Saturday we’re not there to drag you okay? How about unnie, she’s there to be with you? Ugh why are we even worried when she’s literally there.”

 

“Uhm I’m not really sure if she’s gonna be there seul … but you’re right I should just drink moderately since I’m with new people and I still have a drink with you on Sunday. Ugh, good thing you remind me!”

 

“Are you sure you can drink on two consecutive nights? You wanna die or something?”

 

“I’m not gonna drink much tomorrow, I can do that. I just wanna see you guys soon okay!”


 

___________


 

"Seungwan, I won't let you go out of this room, if you look like an old man again. Let me see. " Jennie said while fixing her own makeup and waiting for the younger to come out of the bathroom.

 

"Old man style is cool unnie."

 

"You get something nice or I'll get something in my closet and make you wear it."

 

"No thank you! "

 

Wendy then opens the door with a pout in still wearing her pajamas while holding her ahjussi clothes that she’s supposed to wear for the party.

 

"Can I wear pants?"

 

"Of course bud light, why? you wanna wear a dress? Ooh somebody wants to show some y figure tonigh-"

 

"What unnie no! That's literally the opposite of what I meant, ugh never mind. "

 

__________


 

Seungw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter