Chapter 1

Age Is Just A Number

Y/N's POV

 

The sky’s still dark as I arrived at YG’s new building, well It’s 3 AM and it’s still a bit cold. Thank god I wore long sleeves.

 

Today is my first day working with Haneul eonni. We’ve known each other for a long time, because we went to the same makeup school. But after we graduated, we went separate ways. She became makeup artist for music industry, and I became makeup artist for fashion industry. Bout a month ago she called me to help her because one of her teammate was fired.

 

It’s been my dream to work at YG entertainment. So it didn't take long for me to say yes. And honestly, when I was a kid, I really wanted to become an idol, but I had no confidence to go for an audition and now it was too late. Oh well, at least now I work in the same industry as my childhood dream.

 

Anyway, yesterday Haneul eonni briefed me that today we’re going to do test makeup for YG’s boy group comeback called Treasure. I’ve searched them a bit last night and memorized their names as well as their faces. So hopefully I won’t get confused later.

 

“Y/N, Annyeong!” Haneul eonni greeted me as I entered the makeup studio.

“Annyeong eonni! Wow I thought I’d be the first one here” I hugged her and then start unpacking my stuff.

 

Not long after that, the other two makeup artists and four hairstylists came.

 

As we’re done preparing our makeup station, Treasure members came in with their manager.

 

“annyeonghaseyo” said the members with all their power to fight their tiredness.

 

we immediately start to work. Jihoon, Hyunsuk, Jaehyuk, and Junkyu were getting their makeup first as Mashiho, Jeongwoo, Junghwa, and Doyoung were getting their hair done. The rest went waiting on the sofa that facing our stations. Some of them continue to sleep as they’re waiting their turn.

 

As I do Junkyu’s makeup, I felt like someone is staring at me. But I don’t really have time to confirm who it was because we were chasing the time. After Junkyu’s done, It’s Mashiho’s turn. And once again I felt someone’s staring at me, I think I saw it at the corner of my eyes. Because it’s getting my concentration, I lift my head up and I found who it was, it’s Haruto.

 

As I locked my eyes to his, he immediately turns his gaze to his phone. I don’t know why, but I just shrugged it off and get back to work.

 

I chatted with Mashiho whose 100% awake and turns out that we have same hobbies except playing drums because I can’t lol. So, we talked about it more and we promised that we will do some of our hobbies together next time. It surprised me that we were able to get close effortlessly in a matter of short time.

 

“I’ll text you the recipe!” as he got up from the chair

“Yes, please do! I’ve tried so many recipes from the internet but the flavor just never gets right” I tell him frustrated

“Those recipes are no good. Oh well, thank you Y/N noona for the makeup” He bowed to me

“Ey, what’s with the bow.” I shook my head as he laughed and went to the sofa.

 

I clean my station a bit for the last member. And I didn’t realize that someone’s already sitting on my station’s chair.

 

“Oh, sorry I didn’t realize you’re here. I was just cleaned it up a bit.” I apologized as I turn my back to face him.

“Ah, it’s okay.” He said and waved

“Hi, I’m Y/N” I greeted him as I did to the other last two member.

“Hi, I’m Haruto, nice to meet you” He smiled a bit. wow, his voice is very deep.

 

“Are you new here?” he asked me as I applying moisturizer to his face

“Ah, yes. Today is my first day in YG” I replied

“That’s why I’ve never seen you before” he whispered

“I’m sorry, what? I didn’t catch that” he said something but it’s too low for me to hear it

“Ah, it’s nothing.” He shook his head

“Okay then” I continued his makeup

 

I’ve been working as a makeup artist for 5 years, and I’m used to the closeness or the stare from the person that I was doing. But strangely, I felt so awkward as he stares at me while I’m doing his. His gaze is too intense for me to handle.

 

“You haven’t drunk enough water these past few days, have you?” I tried to make a conversation for distracting me from his intense gaze. Jeez Y/N, can’t you ask anything else than that?

“Oh! How would you know?” he startled. Cute... Eh? What? Y/N come on be professional! Throw away that thought far far far away!

“Your lips are chapped” as I applied him lip mask

“You makeup artist are always know our sins” he chuckled

“Yeah, kinda” I let a small laugh came out of my lips

“Can I ask you something?” he ask

“Sure, what is it?” I answered

“How old are you?”

“Guess” I smiled at him, okay I’m just being polite. A smile would never hurt, right?

“Hm.. are we in the same age?”

“How old are you?”

“17”

“Oh wow, don’t flatter me Haruto-ssi”

“You’re not 17?”

“I wish hahaha.. I’’m turning 22 this year”

“Eh? you’re the same age as hyunsuk hyung?”

“If he’s 22 this year, then yes. Why?”

“Nothing, just curious” he said just as I finished his makeup

 

“Okay we’re done here” I smile at him.

“Thank you, Y/N-ssi” he bowed and replied my smile. Can’t you not? No wonder you gain so much popularity in ygtb

“it’s good that you guys are polite, but you don’t need to bow to me. I feel so old… I’m the youngest in this makeup and hair team you know”

“Hahaha arasseo” he walked away… but then stopped and turned around again

“Can I call you Y/N noona then?” he asked me hesitantly, afraid that I might think it was inappropriate to ask this early. Well, thank god I don’t really mind it at all. In fact, -ssi sometimes make me feels awkward.

“Sure, why not?” I replied with a smile so he can relax a bit

“okay then, see you Y/N noona” he emphasized the “noona” part and left me with the most charming smile I’ve ever seen. Oh my god, heart, please chill… he’s 5 years younger than you for god’s sake!

 

--------------------------------------

Hi! so here's the first chapter~

so i'm kinda new in writing and stuff. please excuse my errors and sorry if it's boring!

i'll try harder for the next chapter. but i hope this chapter interesting enough for now :) 

see you on the next chapter!

oh and please comment & subscribe<3