Chapter 8

They Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nobu Restaurant

Sheraton Hotel Seoul

1:30pm

 

 

Ji Hyo’s first love, Lee Dong Wook went to see Ji Hyo at the restaurant. He came back from studying in Australia. Too bad, Jong Kook (and his YouTube channel editor) was coincidentally there as well. To make matters worse, he introduced himself as her husband.

 

 

But Jong Kook wasn’t lying, was he?

 

 

Dong Wook was flushed upon hearing Jong Kook’s introduction because apparently one of the reasons he came to Seoul is that he wanted to pursue Ji Hyo again. Only to find out she is now married to a guy who is every girl’s dream husband (based on how he projected himself on-cam).

 

 

 

Ji Hyo was forced to tell Dong Wook the story behind their marriage and he was relieved that there was no love accompanying it. However, he told Ji Hyo he kind of felt like Jong Kook is feeling over protective towards her.

 

 

 

“He pities me.” Ji Hyo told him at the restaurant as they munch on their exquisite medium rare steak.

 

 

 

“It is more than that.” Dong Wook told her. “I am a man and I know that. And I smell competition, Ji Hyo-yah.” Dong Wook is very serious this time. “And he is like fifty steps ahead of me. You are married to him.”

 

 

 

“In paper, yes.” Ji Hyo rolled her eyes. “Oh, not for anything. We we’re just friends. At least. You could’ve just imagined the horror when we pretended that we never existed to each other. By the way, are you staying for good?” Ji Hyo asked, sipping her iced tea.

 

 

 

“Are you leaving your husband for good?” He flirted.

 

 

“I am not ready for another relationship yet.” She honestly admitted.

 

 

 

“Ji Hyo-yah, we’re merely getting back together. Forget about the years apart. Let’s get back together. You haven’t smiled for a long time, I was told.” Dong Wook told her.

 

 

 

True.

Our poor Song Ji Hyo was a wreck for the longest time.

 

 

 

“I don’t know...” She replied.

 

 

 

“I will work on it.” Dong Wook confidently told her. “You and your pretend marriage do not shake me, Ji Hyo-yah. Neither does your jealous husband.”

 

 

 

What? Jealous? Ji Hyo was dumbfounded. This can’t be happening.

 

 

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo’s Villa

Hannam-dong, Seoul

4pm

 

 

 

Ji Hyo confronted Jong Kook that afternoon after meeting with her Dong Wook Oppa. “He was my first love, and I met him like after 10 years, why did you tell him you were my husband?” Ji Hyo cried out to Jong Kook.

 

 

 

“Because I am your husband.” He answered back. “What should I tell him then, I am your wife?”

 

 

 

“There is no way to prove that. I am not even wearing a ring!” She showed him her hand. Jong Kook glanced at her and then looked for his car keys.

 

 

 

“Yah! I am not done talking to you! Where the hell are you going? We are not yet done talking!” Ji Hyo’s eyes widened.

 

 

 

“I am going to get us rings. Wedding rings.” He was almost at the door when he spoke.

 

 

 

Ji Hyo thought that he is just kidding but just about an hour and a half later, he came knocking at the Lee’s Villa with Cartier wedding rings on hand. Her mood immediately shifted from being calm to being mad again. And she ignores him. That’s the best thing to do, right?

 

 

 

And before Jong Kook left the Lee’s, she then told him that she might be dating Dong Wook again. He was her first boyfriend and he is a nice guy. Jong Kook only nodded and smiled. Ji Hyo couldn’t see it how Dong Wook could’ve called Jong Kook jealous.

 

 

 

Jong Kook did not speak anymore. He went back home.

Hana is calling him, but he turned off his phone.

 

 

 

Jong Kook went to his living room, sat in the couch and he got his ring and had worn it. He took a shower later on and just stay home. Jong Kook didn’t bother Ji Hyo after meeting her a while ago. He was quiet all night. He is being weird and quiet. Ji Hyo just realized that.

 

 

 

Ji Hyo’s girl instinct says someone is jealous.

And she suddenly felt scared.

 

 

 

 

That someone can’t feel jealous.

And someone can’t feel happy that someone is jealous.

 

 

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo’s Villa

Hannam-dong, Seoul (days later)

10 am

 

 

 

“Did your lawyer call you?” Ji Hyo came rushing out of her room, panicking. Unfortunately, she had to go coexist with Jong Kook since last night because they received a warning form their lawyers about their living arrangement. Apparently, they are having idea that Ji Hyo is not following the rule of living together with Jong Kook. “Oh my goodness! I want to faint! What do we do? What do we do, Kim Jong Kook-sshi? What do we do?” Ji Hyo is frantic. And this frantic Ji Hyo is all dolled up as she is about to go out for another press conference of ‘The Witch’s Diner’.

 

 

 

Ji Hyo is really panicking. This is not helping at all. They both received a call from their lawyers, they were told that some people from the Judge’s office are paying them a visit that morning for the first time. Ji Hyo and Jong Kook asked their respective lawyers on what they should do but they got a similar answer in return:

 

 

 

Act like a true husband and wife.

 

 

But ! How can they do that?

 

 

 

Ji Hyo is panicking.

Jong Kook is panicking too, silently.

 

 

 

“What do we do, Jong Kook-sshi?” Ji Hyo asked again. She kept walking back and forth. Then she nervously looked at the clock. “They should come any minute from now, according to Lawyer Han.”

 

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter