Chapter 16

They Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Kim Jong Kook and I are getting married.” Hana told everyone in front of her.

 

 

Lights flashed.

Cameras kept rolling.

 

 

“I am pregnant.”

 

 

She was having a press conference. Her OWN press conference.

 

 

Hana did not entertain anymore questions. According to her, details of the wedding will be provided to the press soon. The ceremony will be private.

 

 

This short conference almost made a lot of fan girls faint.

It made a lot of girls cry.

It broke too many hearts.

It made a lot of girls feel like they want to die out of broken heartedness.

 

 

 

Daddy Jong Kook is a Daddy now.

 

 

People knew Jong Kook were in a relationship (with a non-showbiz girl) for so long and after which, rumors had it they have broken up. Recently, there were pictures of him and Ji Hyo out publicly dating. No one from their agency ever confirmed about their relationship but there’s no connection between the two of them, so it’s either they’re dating or they’re dating.

 

But now, that press conference puts an end to those speculations and rumors because apparently, he’s going to be a Daddy and he’s going to be Hana’s husband. It was chaotic and the press made a circus out of it. They were in the newspapers, in the internet, television, radio- all day, all night.

 

 

Kim Jong Kook is taken, girls.

Sorry.

 

 

It made a lot of fan girls faint.

It made a lot of girls cry.

It broke too many hearts.

 

 

 

Fan girl, Ji Hyo.

Song Ji Hyo is a fan girl, remember?

 

 

 

Ji Hyo learned about it through Hyemin. And her manager didn’t even know how to begin and ask her about it; she knew Ji Hyo and Jong Kook are still going strong. When Hyemin filled her in with details, Ji Hyo denied everything. She told Hyemin that she and Jong Kook are together, and she reminded Hyemin that she knew that they still live under one roof.

 

 

 

Only two things have changed: her last name and their address. But the rest are status quo.

 

 

 

She would talk to Jong Kook; but her world came crashing down when she found Jong Kook packing his things and about to leave her when she got home.

 

 

 

“I am sorry.” His eyes were sorrier than his voice.

 

 

 

“No sorries.” Her tears were flowing from her eyes now, fast and hot. “When you kill someone’s heart, you don’t say sorry anymore, you just walk away.”

 

 

 

Ji Hyo’s voice was shaking. She needed an explanation, but it looked like Jong Kook was not prepared to give any and that she, herself couldn’t take anything too.

 

 

 

And let’s quit asking for the obvious: he was leaving her. No need to ask if it was true that he was getting married to Hana and that she is pregnant with his baby. If any of it wasn’t true, Jong Kook would’ve told her already. But no, he packed his things and was about to leave any minute from now.

 

 

 

He walked past her, seemingly a bit reluctant to go. Ji Hyo wanted to stop him and tell him not to go to her. She really wanted to hold on to him. She wanted to ask what happened ang hoped to hear he was lying, and everything was a joke.

 

 

 

Ji Hyo couldn’t believe it. They made love that morning, a good few hours after they freaking made love that night. Jong Kook couldn’t possibly have reconciled with Hana all these time. Jong Kook’s eyes never lie.

 

 

 

Those damn beautiful eyes always tell the truth to her.

And those eyes still tell her that he loves her.

 

 

“Jong Kook…” She grabbed him by the hand.

 

 

“I am sorry.” He removed her hand though, and got out.

 

 

She cried all night.

He did too.

 

 

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo’s Villa

Hannam-dong, Seoul

9 am

 

 

Jong Kook’s deadly stare shifted from Hana to Jang Hyuk to the owner of his agency. If looks could kill, Jong Kook would’ve committed a massacre by now. The only person he didn’t throw his fierce and deadly stare was his chubby manager.

 

 

“Jong---” Hana didn’t even finish calling his name. Jong Kook’s stare had cut her. He was too mad, too enraged.

 

 

 

They have switched places now; when Jong kook woke up married, she was frantic. The once calm Hana turned into a madwoman wanting to chop Jong Kook’s head when she found out he was married to Song Ji Hyo. Now, it was Jong Kook’s turn to feel that way.

 

 

YES.

Hana is pregnant.

But it’s not Jong Kook’s baby.

Jang Hyuk’s.

 

 

But his very close friend is married. Hence, they must look for someone to be the baby’s father. Jang Hyuk was a big part of Jong Kook’s past. He helped the young Jong Kook to be in the entertainment industry. Jang Hyuk provided shelter when Jong Kook was still struggling as an artist. In short, he is very much indebted to Jang Hyuk. Also, Hana cannot disappoint her parents and her very old grandparents. Getting pregnant without being married is a humiliation on her part and much more, a disgrace to her family if the father of her child is a married man.

 

 

Her family still thinks she and Jong Kook are still together. That’s why she kept quiet all these time. And it was okay for them since they liked him.

 

 

Jang Hyuk promised to support the baby, but he could never leave his family. It was a short affair and they both knew it would not lead to anything more than that. They both regretted it and just wanted a solution for it for the meantime.

 

 

Solution for the meantime: Jong Kook will pretend to marry Hana and be the father of the baby. Jang Hyuk will provide financial support and asks for some time until he can tell his family. But until then, Jong Kook will play husband to Hana and Daddy to Hana’s baby.

 

 

It won’t be long.

They assured him.

 

 

The Turbo JK’s boss agreed because he knew Jang Hyuk and his company. He too was indebted to them. And Jong Kook loved his Hyung and he’d do anything to help him. Jang Hyuk was literally begging him, almost on his knees asking him to do that favor and that he would never ask him anything again.

 

 

 

Hana was begging too; she was sincerely asking him for old times’ sake. She told him she would beg her if she would have to.

 

 

Then Jong Kook’s gaze softened. Hana said the magic word: her.

She meant Song Ji Hyo.

 

 

“Her?” Turbo JK’s boss was surprised. “I thought…”

 

 

Jong Kook covered his face with his hands and nodded. He was telling him now about him and Ji Hyo. He wanted to curse them, and he wanted to punch Jang Hyuk in the face. They already talked about this yesterday before he got his things and left Ji Hyo’s house. Instead of hurting a person, he repeatedly lifted and exerted much effort in the weights at the gym; hence his hand was injured and is covered with a bandage now.

 

 

Jang Hyuk told him, he couldn’t tell Ji Hyo; for sure no one would agree with that kind of set-up. He must live with Hana for a while too. If she tells someone then it’d be over.

 

 

 

What are the odds?

 

 

 

Just give time for him to tell his wife about it and Jong Kook can leave. They can tell the press about it too. Jang Hyuk will tell the truth that he only asked for Jong Kook’s help. He just needed time but for now, Jong Kook, his dongsaeng, had to help him.

 

 

“Isn’t it unfair?” Jong Kook finally spoke, his stare hasn’t changed a bit. “When I woke up married before, everyone else panicked, everyone else was mad. And now…”

 

 

 

“You what?” Obviously, Jang Hyuk didn’t know. “You woke up married… with whom?”

 

 

He knew Ji Hyo was Jong Kook’s girlfriend. But the whole marriage thing, Jang Hyuk didn’t have a single idea.

 

 

“Whom did I wake up married to?” Jong Kook’s voice echoed heartache. “The one I wanted to wake up married to again.”

 

 

For weeks, Ji Hyo cannot get herself a decent sleep. Being awake and being asleep has been the same since Jong Kook left her; it was both a nightmare.

 

 

Her happy days were obviously over. Her tear ducts are working again and they’re at their best. She was crying day and night asking and looking for reasons for everything that has happened.

 

 

 

But everything was clear.

Hana’s statements were short but were never lacking.

 

 

 

“Jong Kook and I are getting married.”

“I am pregnant.”

 

 

 

Her words were sufficient enough that people need not ask questions to clarify. It was straight to the point, clear and perfect. Ji Hyo knew she didn’t have to read or watch the news. But she wanted to; nobody would like to tell her anything. Hyemin and the rest of her staff enforced total news black-out to her. His family only cried when Ji Hyo asked them; his mom particularly. Ji Hyo only got a tight hug from Mommy Kim but no explanation. She left their house with nothing but tearstains on her clothes; her own, and her ex-mother-in-law’s.

 

 

 

Ji Hyo had no choice but to update herself through media. That doubled the hurt she was feeling. Jong Kook had cut all communication with their common friends, not that they have too many. He doesn’t talk to the Lee’s now. He’s back hiding in his cave with Hana. She lives t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter