2.2

DAMN YOU (Spare Guy)

Joshua chased Wonwoo who left him a few steps ahead. He regretted that he prioritized his lust over his own mind, ignoring his lover who was struggling at the time to be released.

Joshua had fully realized his mistake before they reached Seoul. And willing to accept Wonwoo's anger because he deserves it.

But- Joshua couldn't accept Wonwoo's attitude towards him at that time. First, throwing his debit and credit cards to his body. Second, roughly open the wallet widely and spill the money out of there. How far was Joshua's fault?

Joshua touched his lover's shoulders to hold his anger, but he got a sharp glare.

Joshua : Wonwoo-ya..

Wonwoo: I want us to break up!

Joshua : calm down, we can talk-

Wonwoo stepped closer as if stabbed into the eye over and over again, causing Joshua to back away to the end and stop because he was cornered.

Wonwoo: how many times have I asked you! How many times I want you to listen when I tell you!

Joshua: What's wrong? Why can't we tell them-

Wonwoo: they're not kids, without you telling them we're together they know that. What more do you want to show!

Wonwoo: Showing that I'm your puppet in front of them by doing that!

Wonwoo: [shakes with erratic exhalation] - You want my brother to know that I'm very easy on you!

Wonwoo: You think you're entitled to all that because you fulfill our needs, do you!? - You want Jaemin to think of me that way!

Joshua wanted to hug him and beg forgiveness: I'm sorry-

But his hand was pushed away by Wonwoo's elbow.

Wonwoo: no! I can't be with you.

Joshua: I will change..?

Wonwoo: changeLike what? - How much more are you going to show that you're good in front of your family, and that I'm bad as an older brother to my brother!?

Wonwoo: You can look good in front of everyone including your family. Why do you always use my place for that!

His eyes met with Joshua, looking at him very deeply - Wonwoo needs clarity on his lover's attitude.

Wonwoo: Say it! - Tell me, am I very lowly and I don't deserve to have the good looks of others!

Joshua straightened his body with his heart no longer able to accept the insults. He doesn't know if his desire to make love has caused Wonwoo's hatred for him.

Joshua brushed his hair away in disappointment at himself. His mouth began to reveal his heart, he knew he was selfish in the past but he really wanted to apologize.

Joshua : I admit that I really wanted to have you so I forced you back then. But I want you to hear this; that you're all I want, you're the only one who makes me as the person who's always needed.

Joshua looked at him, calling for Wonwoo's attention but his boyfriend didn't flinch at all and didn't want to turn to look at him.

Joshua: No one has ever asked me when I came home or asked for attention like you.

Joshua: I do feel like I have you after what I gave you. But really that feeling is nothing more because I really need your support when I'm confused and tired, Wonwoo-ya.

Joshua watched at Wonwoo's back who didn't show any movement.

Wonwoo: go away, nothing else can change that.

The night had replaced the previous clear sky. The room was as dark as his heart. There's no one there. It was a good thing, because he was alone again, able to keep his problems to himself. There were also not many tears, because they were replaced with a pile of disappointment that had been buried for a long time.

Wonwoo sat motionless in the same room where his boyfriend had left a few hours ago.

Seoul, 2018

Lucas wa thinking alone in his room, even though his mother had left 2 hours ago.

Jaemin's face and memories with that sweet boy continue to fill his brain. Playing in his own shadow. Many things happened during their time together and almost entirely filled with happy smiles.

Lucas' heart was not as good as his smile for Jaemin in his memories. His family's decision completely broke his years of hope. Even if technology or means of transportation can be an option for the problem, long distances are a terrible thing that can reverse Jaemin Lucas' dreams of their future relationship. Can he deal with the consequences?

Lucas' memory reminded him of Jaemin's previous words. Is it true that if he is not by the boy's side, then Jaemin will accept another boy.

The rings of the call pulled Lucas back to reality. - It was Jaemin called him as usual.

Lucas: uh..

Lucas: Hmm,..

Lucas: ok, I'll pick you up.

Lucas walked away with his jacket to leave his bedroom.

Jaemin went along with Lucas to watch a movie. Jaemin looks happy and as usual will attract Lucas to come with him. -They stopped at the cinema clerk for popcorn and tickets.

Lucas grabbed Jaemin's hand from behind, slowly looking for their seat. Finally they were able to sit alone with the food and drinks that had been bought earlier.

Lucas gazed at Jaemin in the middle of the movie that was playing, which made him get a warning from someone who accompanied him.

Jaemin: look over there. [point to]

Jaemin: The screen is there, and not me. [with puffy cheeks]

Lucas didn't reply, he rolled his eyes in the same direction as Jaemin's.

The film begins showed a couple of lovers fighting because they both lied to each other. Jaemin still enthusiastic about seeing love scenes, a woman who decides to date behind her boyfriend  worked abroad.

Lucas watched Jaemin's eyes blink to neutralize the light from the big screen he was looking at. Lucas sighed, to go back watching a cheating woman's boyfriend angry at his lover for seeing the affair behind his back.

Lucas started put his shoulders at back till he could see Jaemin slightly bent forward. Lucas gently pulled Jaemin to rest his back. Jaemin smiled in response to Lucas' attitude, but soon returned his focus to the screen.

Lucas: why you look so serious? [while trying to hold Jaemin's hand]

Jaemin eyed the movement of Lucas' hand trying to hold it. A light hit was given after Lucas managed to grab Jaemin's hand, so that the grip was not completely closed.

Jaemin whispered something to him: Don't attract attention in public.

Lucas whispered back: they didn't see.

Jaemin pursed his lips immediately: they are not only beside you, above you too. [pointed Lucas some people at above seats]

Lucas looked at the seats above him and his eyes met one of them. So he nodded awkwardly as if apologizing for his attitudes.

Jaemin took his hand off Lucas. Although Lucas was disappointed, but he tried to understand and straighten his back again in his seat.

Lucas pulled closer Jaemjn shoulders as led him elsewhere, following his friend's words after finishing the previous film.

The black car passed the street wind at its speed. Inside, there were Lucas and Jaemin who are busy with their each activities. Lucas thoughtfully gathered his conviction to ask. Meanwhile, Jaemin moved sweeping his hand for the shopping application on his cellphone.

Lucas: Jaemin,

Jaemin saw Lucas who called him. But next, Lucas' face looked the other way and not him, causing Jaemin to return to his cell phone.

Lucas: do you think a lover who lives far away from his partner will be like in that movie?

Jaemin looked surprised to see Lucas. Even though his friend didn't look at him, Jaemin was watching him while thinking about answering him.

Jaemin: I prefer him beside me.

Lucas took his eyes off the front, staring at Jaemin for a moment.

Lucas' mind became a little heavy because of Jaemin's statement. Lucas had expected the same answer, began averting those eyes.

Jaemin: there's nothing better than caring and attentions, you know that right?

Lucas had understood Jaemin's heart that he had been waiting for for months. That Jaemin only wants someone who cares and beside him. Not remote attentions or anything like that.

Lucas became unenthusiastic in his seat. There were no other words after Jaemin finished his words. Let Jaemin with a happy smile looking at the phone later.

Why didn't Lucas want to share the story if he's going to leave him? - it is still very difficult for him to compose sentences to just convey. So waiting was his temporary decision at that time.

The seasons have changed, but the taste love hasn't changed. After that honesty, it's getting harder and harder to avoid him - making himself unprepared in less time he had

The words of rejection still lingered in his mind, even though several minutes had passed.

Jaemin: can't you refuse it? You're a grown up and you can live alone here.

Jaemin turned around, Lucas got his back's friend.

Jaemin: ah... but your family is more important than me. I can understand.

Sounded Lucas footsteps approaching.

Jaemin: You can call me once in a while. But, about your request that time, it might be difficult to be real ..

Lucas understood and stopped him.

Lucas: I love you so much.

Jaemin turned at back with a stern face.

Jaemin: then you must fight to stay here ?

Lucas again faced with the hardest thing. He was still trying to figure out what he was going to do. Wished that day never comes. But the decision has become clear for them.

The reality was bitter because he couldn't fight it. Lucas was with his family, at the airport. The boy was still in touch with Jaemin from his cellphone.

Lucas: have you arrived yet?

Jaemin: I don't want to get there too fast and be able to meet you.

Lucas: You really don't want to see me go?

Jaemin continues his footsteps, although sometimes in a little run: Should I show a tough face there or should cry to send you away? - you choose, which one do you want to see?

Lucas saw a pair of shoes in front of him. His face rose to see who had stopped nearby.

Jaemin looked at him with an unfriendly look.

Jaemin: goodbye.

Lucas: may I-

Jaemin stepped back once, not wanting to be hugged as a farewell.

"Goodbye, bro" - greeted by a boy behind Jaemin who then approached Lucas Jaemin.

Lucas' eyes gazed at the boy who came accompanied to say goodbye to his loved one in Korea last time, before he took off to Hong Kong.

Lucas smiled with disappointment looking at his Jaemin. Even though he didn't want to, he still moved his body, dragging his suitcase away.

Jaemin also turned around and walked away followed by his male friend.

"Where do you want to go?"

Jaemin looked at the boy: do you know a nice place to go, Mark?

Mark smiled, couldn't let Jaemin's invitation not be missed. Lucas had left, and this was his chance to hang out with Jaemin.

Mark followed Jaemin's steps everywhere, including opening his car door to let Jaemin in.

Seoul, 2019

Mark ran after Jaemin in the hallway of the campus. Jaemin listened to the boy who wanted to take him out. But another promise was in his plans later after completing his studies.

Mark: what if I drop you off? [still not wanting to give up persuading him]

Jaemin: no, I'm going with my friends-

"Jaemin!" a man called out with another friend by his side.

Jaemin: ok, I have to go to class.

Mark was left disappointed. Jaemin had already left with his two classmates.

"You're dating him, aren't you?"

Jaemin: You're too curious about my business, Haechan-ah. [teasing]

Renjun: he asked because you are often seen with him.

Jaemin: together because I really want to, Renjun-ah. - But I have nothing to do with it~ [shakes head to hold his statement]

Renjun didn't like to hear Jaemin's answer, but he didn't really care because they were just- friends.

Haechan pulled Renjun and warned his close friend.

Haechan: You love catching the fisheshh..!!

Renjun: I'm just saying what I saw. That's it-

Renjun was angry because he didn't like being lectured ,then left him. Haechan chased after him.

Haechan: You really, you get angry very quickly. [trying to align himself while walking]

Renjun: leave me alone. You just go with Jaemin!

Haechan: Jaemin! - Wait~

Jaemin turned around slightly, and joked as if pulling Haechan with a 'pseudo' rope to run to him faster. Jaemin then giggled with Haechan's drama acting who pretended to approach while running spoiled.

Renjun with an annoyed face was still following them with pounding footsteps. Also with his slightly pursed red lips.

Haechan entered the classroom and chose his seat. Followed by Renjun who sat on the right side of Haechan while Jaemin was right behind Haechan.

Haechan glanced back before whispering something to Renjun.

Haechan: what do you think if we invite him?

Renjun who understood, immediately gave Haechan a serious look.

Renjun: are you stupid?

Haechan looks annoyed. Starting to back away from Renjun's body and brushing away a few strands of hair while squinting his eyes.

Haechan: I'm too lazy to ask you. your mouth.. really!

Renjun: I really asked you? I'm not being funny, Haechan.

Haechan: And I'm also seriously annoyed with your words. But I just want to know what you think [folded his arms across his chest] .. about it?

Renjun instructed using one hand for Haechan to come closer again.

Renjun: you really want to know?

Haechan put his ear closer to Renjun. Renjun glanced at Jaemin, making sure he wasn't focusing on them.

Renjun : you better make your target not come there.

Haechan away with a frown. His eyes blinked at Renjun's idea. While his friend-Huang was first facing straight ahead because the professor had come.

Haechan took his book. Opening one by one sheet papera in front of him unfocused, does he really have to keep his distance from Jaemin like Renjun said?

**

Haechan walked with Jaemin after class. They talked about some lessons until it didn't feel they were in the parking lot. Jaemin would to join with Haechan to go home.

Haechan: wait, I'll answer this first [Haechan said who wanted to pick up his phone]

Jaemin didn't say anything, but he allowed Haechan to do it. Jaemin slowly stepped forward, leaving Haechan stayed back as chatting on his phone.

Haechan: ah, ye hyung.

Haechan: no, Will just return home.

Haechan: Don't- [Haechan's eyes glanced at Jaemin who was quite far from him]

Haechan: - I mean I'm just lazy to carry that one. [continued to walk]

"Haechan!" - the waving of hands calling for him made Haechan stop and freeze.

Haechan slowly put a smile on his lips even though he hesitated. The guy he admired walked over. His heart was pounding faster, in addition to feeling happy but also worried.

"Thanks for your book."

Jaemin: Haechan, hurry!

The eyes of the two youths stopped. Haechan waved his hand for Jaemin to wait there. Then he turned to the guy in front of him.

Haechan: Juyeon hyung. I- I'm going..

Juyeon politely showed him to take a way and followed Haechan's steps to accompany him. Here Haechan was nervous, how to drag this guy away as far as possible. That's what Haechan thought.

Juyeon saw Jaemin's annoyed face directed at him. An introductory smile was given to lighten the mood between them but Jaemin's response turned out to be very different.

Jaemin: come on, we have to go!

Haechan was confused and followed Jaemin's words. His hands opened the car and got in after waving 'farewell with a smile', Juyeon replied with a friendly smile without a disturbed expression on Jaemin face.

Haechan let out a sigh of relief after leaning back on the car seat.

Jaemin: why?

Haechan face brightened again. Knowing Jaemin is not interested in Juyeon. Concerns about Juyeon disappeared also about Renjun's warning filled his brain.

Haechan hums a little with the music he plays while driving. He didn't explain anything and got ready to leave.

Jaemin: no, I'm already gone. Don't wait there, just go home. - Didn't I already say that?

Haechan heard it but raised his voices, he didn't care about Jaemin. Now his heart was happy, ignoring Jaemin was sullenly replying to someone through his phone.