The end

Stubborn Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju perched on the passenger seat of her mother Tzuyu's black Audi SUV, fidgeting with her hands on her lap as she bit her lower lip nervously while Hyunjin drove the car along the slightly snowy road to where Yujin is currently staying at which is a two hours drive from where they live.

 

 

"Can you drive a bit faster Hyun? It will take at least a day for us to go there if you'll drive like this." Minju groaned, slumping further into the seat as she let out a tired huff earning a chuckle from Ryujin who is busy playing video games on her phone in the back seat.

 

 

 

"Oh yeah, I'll fast up the speed so then we can all die together because the road is so frickin icy!" Hyunjin shouted, getting annoyed by her sister's sudden snappy attitude, but she can't blame her though because Hyunjin can clearly see how anxious her sister is at the moment so she just let it pass and quickly changed the topic to ease the tension.

 

 

 

"Anyway so what are you planning to do about that so called tall boyfriend of yours?" Minju glanced at Hyunjin before looking straight ahead at the road rolling her eyes afterward then shrugging her shoulders which Ryujin clearly saw through the rear view mirror of the car.

 

 

 

"No need to worry about him, it was just an act anyway. That guy is gay and he asked me if I could help him as his friend and I said yes. Then we just pretend like we're on a relationship to make his crush feel jealous which worked out perfectly fine because he called me today and told me how his crush came out of nowhere and confessed to him so the deal is over." Minju blurt out as if it was not a big deal leaving Hyunjin and Ryujin speechless.

 

 

"Then why did you introduce him to Yujin?"

 

 

"I just wanted to show her that I could also date someone because she kept on teasing me, calling me a loner" 

 

 

"What the- I can't believe I just heard that. it's exactly like in those cliche af stories pfft" Hyunjin mocked but Minju didn't looked fazed by her statement even a slight bit, instead the latter shrugged again, taking some Lindt chocolate truffles from the cup holder of the car, passing one to Ryujin before unwrapping a milk flavored one for herself.

 

 

 

"Wait how did I not noticed it before. I never thought mom would keep chocolates inside the cup holder and what a great sister you are eating everything alone without giving me a single cho- 

 

 

 

Minju shoved a hazelnut flavored one inside Hyunjin's mouth shutting the latter from blabbering further more.

 

 

 

"You know what I'm really glad that your boyfriend thingy is fake because moms were really disappointed when he introduced himself as your boyfriend yesterday, Hyewon unnie almost puked after hearing that. Guess we'll have to sing 'dude she's not just into you..... gotta move on....-

 

 

Minju once again shoved three chocolate truffles inside her sister's mouth to stop the latter from blabbering gibberish and singing crazy tik tok songs. "OK NOW HYUN YOU BETTER SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND FOCUS ON DRIVING!"

 

 

 

And after that they got to ride peacefully without Hyunjin's crazy blabbers until they finally arrived at aunty Seungyeon's place.

 

 

 

"Um wait a minute are you really going to go inside like that?" Hyunjin finally talked after a long ride of silence, staring up and down at Minju whose still in her Santa Claus dress. " I forgot I'm still wearing this" Minju groaned opening the car door on her side.

 

 

 

"I'll just go inside like this, There's no time to waste so I have no choice but to face Yujin like this" 

 

 

 

"Yeah now go and don't take off the hat it looks good on you" Hyunjin cheerful yelled, already driving away when Minju went out from the car leaving the latter there in front of Seungyeon's house.

 

 

 

"Are you sure she'll be fine there all alone?" Ryujin asked to which Hyunjin responded with a teasing smirk. "Oh trust me we don't have to worry about neither one of them, we did a great job on finally making Minju stop being a coward." 

 

 

 

"Speaking of our plan how did you find out that Minju is hiding her feelings from Yujin?"  Hyunjin let out a loud chuckle before answering Ryujin's question. "I did or didn't read her diary when I sneaked into her room to find if there's cream bread inside."

 

 

 

"Are you crazy Hyun why would someone hide bread in their room?"

 

 

 

"Minju does, not only bread but jellies, apple juice and other snacks beside her pillow! And even though I didn't find anything to eat it still helped us to bring those two cowards together after all"

 

 

 

"Yeah I'm more than glad that my sister could finally be happy again and I should also make up with my girlfriend tomorrow."

 


 

_________

 

 

Minju nervously made her way towards the room Yujin is staying, following the directions Aunt Seungyeon instructed her, who was beyond shocked to see the latter standing in front of her porch, wearing a Santa Claus suit asking if she could meet Yujin and talk to her in private which baffled the woman even more but gave her permission to see Yujin anyway after a warm welcoming hug. 

 

 

Minju softly knocked on the door of the said room where Yujin is staying, looking back and forth around the huge empty hallway waiting for Yujin to open the door. "Yujin-ah" Minju gently called out but the latter didn't opened the door. She kept on knocking but Yujin didn't answer so she decided to try if she could open the door and surprisingly it was not locked so the pink haired lass carefully slipped inside the room.

 

 

 

"Yujin?" Minju lowly mumbled, eyeing the spacious room. All the lights were turned off except for the spotlights on top of the fireplace which is keeping the room warm. There is no trance of Yujin in the room but then Minju noticed someone lying on the bed covered with a huge white duvet, sleeping soundly making Minju chuckle after realizing who it is. 

 

 

 

Minju slowly move forward towards the bed and stood on the side, "Yujin-ah" Minju softly tapped the sleeping girl's shoulder, instantly waking up the latter who stared at her in horror as she sit up on the bed. 

 

 

 

"S-Santa Claus?" Yujin lowly mumbled but Minju clearly heard it, even though she can't clearly see the latter due to the lack of light Minju could clearly tell that Yujin is surprised judging by her shaky voice.

 

 

 

"I'm not Santa Claus Yujin it's me M-

 

 

"Aunty Sanny? Omg that old dude send his wife this time. Why are you here aunty Sanny? Did your husband passed the responsibility of sneaking into children's room to you?" Minju was speechless after hearing that. Can't Yujin recognize her or what? It's true that she's wearing a Santa Claus outfit but any sane person could clearly see that she's a girl! A very beautiful one to be exact. But she couldn't believe Yujin thought she was Santa Claus's wife and even gave her a new name!

 

 

 

"So you're just going to stare at me like that without saying anything? Okay it's getting awkward in here, do you want some whiskey I stole from my aunt's expensive liquor collection? But you have to promise me that you want put me on the bad children list or else I won't share it with you." Yujin cutely pouted, waiting for Minju to answer and she finally understood why Yujin is acting like this.

 

 

 

Yujin is drunk.

 

 

 

Minju finally saw the two bottles of the said expensive whiskey on the bedside table, one bottle is already empty and the other one had only half of it. Sigh, Yujin had drank a lot and it's not going to be easy to control the latter now. 

 

 

"Hey you know what, I thought getting drunk is the best way to endure heartbreaks but guess I was wrong because even when I'm drunk and trying my best to forget about her but still all I could think about is Minju and the worst part is I even see you as her aunty Sanny I can't do this anymore" And then Yujin burst out crying, hiding her face on the white duvet as she sobbed quietly like a kid.

 

 

 

Minju couldn't watch Yujin being vulnerable like this anymore and finally told the truth.

 

 

 

"It's me Yujin-ah, Minju"

 

 

 

Yujin looked up at Minju, blinking in confusion before shaking her head continuously. "Don't joke around Sanny why would Minju come here when she have a boyfriend to spend her time with? Besides she hates me to death"

 

 

 

"D-Do you love her?" Minju asked and a genuine smile formed on Yujin's lips but soon turned into a frown, scratching the tip of her nose before looking back up at Minju.

 

 

 

"I do, more than you could ever imagine, no one will understand how much I love her"

 

 

 

"Then why don't you fight for her?"

 

 

 

Yujin shook her head, chuckling bitterly. "No she have a boyfriend and she looked happy when she's with him. I will never try to steal her happiness away from her. Her happiness is my everything to the point I'm willing to hide my feelings and leave her alone so she could keep on smiling everyday like how she did yesterday. A smile that she'll never have whenever it's me because every time I'm around her she'll always keep on frowning. I could never be him. I could never make her smile."

 

 

 

Tears stream down from Minju's face as she sat down on the edge of the king sized bed, reaching her hands up to cradle Yujin's face who looked back at her in confusion. 

 

 

 

"Wait you're real? I thought this was all my imagination?" Minju shook her head as she inches close to Yujin who still had a confused look plastered on her face. 

 

 

 

"It's me Yujin-ah It's me, I'm real" Yujin shook her head, trying to escape from Minju's grip on her nape, shifting backward in fear " I swear I've never done anything wrong aunty Sanny please spare me don't kill me!" Yujin shouted, her hands clasp together making Minju panic because Seungyeon could hear them and would barge inside.

 

 

 

Minju crawled towards Yujin, taking off the hat and throwing it away as she held Yujin's shoulder and shake the latter a bit to knock some sense on her but the latter keep on shaking in fear so Minju had no other choice to prove Yujin that she's the real Minju, not Santa's wife whose disguised as Minju and trying to hurt the latter.

 

 

 

Minju kissed her on the lips, crashing her cold lips to Yujin's soft ones making the latter's eyes widen but soon after Yujin kissed her back unconsciously, tightly holding her slim waist. 

 

 

 

Minju was the first one to pull away and stared straight ahead at Yujin, "I love you too Yujin-ah" And there she said it but just when she thought that everything will be fine, Yujin passed out on her shoulder. 

 

 

 

" I should have waited until morning" Minju groaned, putting Yujin in a comfortable position on the bed before covering the latter with the duvet. Standing up from the bed as she walked towards the closet where Yujin's clothes are placed to find some comfortable for her clothes to wear.

 

 

 

After getting changed Minju joined Yujin on the bed, sliding under the thick duvet and carefully hugging the sleeping blue haired lass, finally closing her eyes before planting a quick peck in the corner of the latter's lips.

 

 

 

"I love you Yujinnie. I'll make sure to make you mine tomorrow."

 

 

 

_________

 

 

The next day Yujin was woken up with a nagging headache, the blue haired lass sat up on the bed Massaging her temple as she let out a tired groan. She blinked several times to adjust her vision to the bright daylight coming through the huge glass window. 

 

 

Yujin stayed on the bed for awhile and just when she was about to get out from the bed the door of her room was opened and when she looked up to see who it is, the last person she thought it could be was standing there, looking at her while smiling and Yujin had to look behind her to see if there's someone standing behind her because Minju had never smiled at her like that in two years.

 

 

 

Yujin turned back around, clearing as she nervously shift her gaze around the room, not daring to meet Minju's soft doe eyes. She wanted to run away from the pink haired lass who's already making her way towards the bed. "Yujin-ah" And the said latter almost jolt up in surprise by the soft tone Minju used to call her name.

 

 

Yujin stared back at Minju has already sat down on the edge of the bed just like last night but except for the Santa Claus outfit she is wearing an oversized plain black shirt paired with white shorts which Yujin recognized that they're all her clothes. And it made Yujin gulp because Minju looked so damn good in her clothes. 

 

 

 

Yujin was brought back to reality when Minju gently tapped on her shoulder and when she looked down at her lap when she felt something brushing against her hand which is placed on top of her lap. It was Minju's hand placed on top of hers but what surprised her the most is how Minju's hand was trembling and slightly sweaty but still the latter held a tight grip as if Minju's scared that she will shove her away but Yujin managed to calm down the latter by putting her other hand on top of Minju's shaky ones. 

 

 

"Um what are you-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter