Meow~

Around You
Please log in to read the full chapter

+×+×+×+×+×+×+


Hyunjin was known to be very fond of cats. Her friends were actually annoyed everytime she was walking with them and she would stop just because she sees a kitten or a cat on the way. But they can't help but to just let her be entertained by the little creatures that gives the said girl that smile on her face.


Hyunjin, is actually a shy, mostly quiet girl. Ever since, she was a total loner being contented with cats around her. Thankful enough that her close friends were very sincere at making friends with her and approached her during their junior days. 

 

"Hey, Kim Hyunjin! let's go that's enough already, we're going to be late." Vivi walks towards the kneeling girl scratching the chin of the kitten with the cheeky smile on her face. 

 

Hyunjin then stops and lightly tapped the nose of the kitten. "Meow~" the kitten made a cute little sound.


"I'm sorry little cutie I have to go. Be safe okay?" Hyunjin then stood up and sadly waved at the little kitten.


"Come on Cat lover. You can visit that kitten after or tomorrow." Haseul who was now clinging to Vivi said. 


Hyunjin then walk towards them and sighed. "Let's go."


The three of them started to walk, their class were about to start and they need to be in their rooms 15 mins before the bell rings.

 

Hyunjin looked back one last time to see the cute little creature. 

 

"You know, you could just get a cat of your own Hyunjin-ah~" Haseul said while looking at the sad girl.


"I can't..my parents will not allow me." Hyunjin sadly sighed again.


"I guess they're just worried you might get your asthma worsen." Vivi explained. She knew Hyunjin first, she was the first friend she had on junior days.


"I know. That's why I understand. It's just.. I just really love cats and I can't help myself when I see one." Hyunjin smiled again while thinking of cats.

 

Vivi just shakes her head and smiled. "We know. You even looked like a cat now. Haha"


Hyunjin were now in front of her classroom. "See you later cat lover. " Vivi pats Hyunjin shoulder. "Okay see you later Unnies." She bows and waved before going inside.


**bell rings**


Hyunjin sat to her seat which was at the back corner of the classroom near the window. She neatly place her notebook and pen case in her table then her teacher entered and walks in front.


"Good morning class." The teacher greeted.


"Good morning Ms. Bae." The whole class stood up and bowed to the teacher in front.


"Sit down. Today, we will have a new member this school year." The whole class smiled and started to murmurred.


Ms. Bae raised her hand and they stopped. She then smiled and signalled someone at the door to come in.


A girl then entered. Everyone in the class were in awe. It's like a scene in an anime series where in she was glowing with a fruity vanilla scent being scattered inside the room.


Hyunjin was pretty pre-occupied while looking outside the window, thinking of the cute little creatures she's fond of. She was smiling to herself as she was resting her chin to her palm.


"Good day everyone. I'm Jeon Heejin please take a good care of me." The brunette girl bowed and smiled where everyone in the classroom heart's flutter except for the dark haired girl in the back corner of the room. She noticed the girl were not paying attention in front rather to her, and being not used of not getting all the attention she somehow got her muse.


"So where do you want to si Ms. Jeon? There are still few unoccupied seats to choose." Ms. Bae asked.


Heejin looked around and her sight were caught by the dark haired girl again then she noticed the seat beside her was pretty unoccupied. She smiled to herself and turned to look at her teacher. "I guess I know where will I sit now Ms. Bae." 


Ms. Bae nods. "Alright, you may sit now Ms. Jeon and we will now begin our lesson."

 

Heejin bowed to her teacher and started to walk. Everyone was asking her to seat with them but she just smiled at them because she already decided where she will sit.


Hyunjin was still in the middle of her cat dreaming phase when she sensed someone was moving the chair beside her. In her surprise, she blinks her eyes when she saw a girl was actually sitting beside her now. Knowing that no one likes to sit beside her because of her somehow weird behavior.


"Hi! I'm Jeon Heejin. And you are?" The brunette girl extends her right hand towards Hyunjin for a handshake and smiled.


Hyunjin just blinks her eyes again while looking at the new girl. 

 

"Ohh~" Heejin awkwardly smiled and slowly retrieve her hand. "I guess you don't want to be bothered? Anyways, please take care of me well and hopefully.. we became friends." She again get back to her cheerful self and smiled at the girl beside her.


The dark haired girl just nod at her and timidly smile, obviously being shy because she was new to her and she's still surprise that someone approached her again.


Heejin just stayed beside the said girl, even though she was a little frustrated? for no one was being like this to her. She just shrug it off and thought that maybe the girl was just naturally quiet and shy.

 

Hyunjin also just get back to herself and focused on the class. 

 

**bell rings**


Finally another day has ended and it's weekend tomorrow that's why everyone was pretty excited on their own plans and activities to do during those days.


Hyunjin on the otherhand were just calm and quiet. She again neatly put back her things to her bag and closed it. Then she stood up from her seat and neatly put it back to it's place and she started to walk outside. 


"Take care going home!" Hyunjin got startled and held her chest. She then looked at the direction of the voice. The brunette girl talked to her again with a smile on her face. She just nod at her and bowed. She smiled at her as well though it was just small but she smiled at her.


Heejin finds it interesting. The dark haired girl, she finds her amusing. It's like she was playing hard to get with her which is new to Heejin because everyone around her was being fond of her except to this girl. She was smiling to herself, getting challenged on how to get the girl to give her the attention she needs. She never knew her life will get exciting after they move to this town.


At Kim's residence.


Saturday morning. Kim family were having their breakfast.


"How are you dear?" Mrs. Kim asked the girl in front of her. 

 

Hyunjin was munching her bread then swallowed it before answering her Mother. "I'm fine Mom. Just the usual." 

 

"You and your boring life to be specific." Yeojin, her step sister . 

 

Hyunjin just look at her and shrugs. Then bites her fave bread again.


Yeojin rolled her eyes knowing she was the one who got annoyed. "You should really get a life Unnie and stop being the weird cat lover. Go outside and do something fun okay?"


Hyunjin again shrugs. "I am okay with what I am right now. Thank you Yeojin."


Mrs. Kim and Mr. Im just laughed at them. "You guys are too cute."


Yeojin rolls her eyes again. Hyunjin just smiled. Even though they are not sisters by blood, but she definitely love Yeojin no matter what. She just don't show it that much but she cared for her as well.

 

Hyunjin has a simple loving family. They were very supportive to everything she does. Even though her parents won't really allow her to get what she really loves, a Cat, but she totally understands them. It was for her own sake as well.


She has a weak body ever since she was a child that she once got hated for. But as she grow older, she slowly tried to accept it. Nothing will happen anyway if she will get angry about it. There are more things to look forward to than to waste time sulking in her room.


Hyunjin decided to get outside, in front of their house and breathe a fresh air. The sun just got up so it's not that hot and the marshmallow clouds helps to lessen the sunlight to directly hit her as well. 


"Meow~~" 


Hyunjin's eye widened after hearing the said noise. 

 

"Meow~~"


Hyunjin's heart became excited. She look towards the direction of the noise. Her lips automatically formed a curved as well as her eyes when she saw a lovely little creature outside their fence. 


She look behind her, checking if her parents nor Yeojin was around before she slowly walks towards the little creature.


"Hey~~" The little creature look at her. "Meow~"


Hyunjin almost jump being so happy when the Cat respond to her. 


"Hello~ what are you doing here? Where is your owner? Are you lost?" Hyunjin noticed the pink collar on the cat's neck that's why she knew it has an owner.


"Meow~~" The cat then walks towards her.


Hyunjin's heart was racing. The cat was walking towards her. She sit down so she can touch the said cat. 


"Hello~ Are you lost? Do you want me to look for your owner?" Hyunjin talks to the cat while caressing it's head.


The cat closes it's eyes liking what Hyunjin was doing. "Meow~~"


Hyunjin can't contain her feels and were smiling from ear to ear. 

 

"Hyunjin-ah~ where are you?" Mrs. Kim shouts from the inside.


Hyunjin then got her eyes widened. She quickly stood up and sadly look at the cat in front of her. "I'm so sorry cutie. As much as I want to help you finding your owner but I have to go. Hope to see you again."


"Meow~" the cat tilted it's head looking at her curiously.


Hyunjin then wave at it goodbye and quickly went inside so her Mother will not see her and the cat together.


The cat looks at her until she gets inside the house. Then it was being lifted and got hugged by someone.


"Oh my God! There you are.. I was looking for you for so long. Don't make me worry again okay?" The girl gently taps the cat's nose. 

 

"Meow~"


"Let's go home." The girl then walk going home. The cat were still looking at Hyunjin's house. 

 

 

+++++

 


The weekend passed quickly, students around were groaning and complaining how fast it was ended.


Then there is Heejin, excitedly entered the classroom. 

 

"Good morning everyone!" Again, everyone in the room were mesmerized by her.


"Good morning Heejin! Wanna hangout this weekend?" A guy suddenly asked her. 

 

Heejin stops and look at him with a smile on her face. You can see on the guy's face that he was blushing after Heejin smiled at him. "Hmm..I'm so sorry but I have plans this weekend. Maybe next time. Have a nice day ahead."


"Ohh that's okay. You too!" The guy's face were now tinted red.


Heejin was used to this. And she does like this kind of attention. 


She then look at where she was sitting on. The person she was looking forward to see was not yet around. She shrugs then sits on her seat.


Heejin was busy looking at her notes when the door opens which made her turn to look towards to its direction. Her face brigthens when she saw the person she was waiting for now entered the door and walking towards her direction. She don't know why but this girl made is reay something to her. 


The girl is actually pretty, she don't know why no one notices it but she's pretty...no she's rather beautiful. Heejin rest her chin on her palm then smiles while looking at the person getting closer to her.

Please log in to read the full chapter