A meal for two

Meal for Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Though I’m not specifically writing birthday fics anymore it is Aisha’s birthday and since I had this story I figured I could post it for her birthday since it turned out decently and why not. If anyone reads this thank you! And happy bday to my girl Aisha. I hope she’s feeling well and is able to enjoy it with those who love and adore her because it’s what she deserves.



 

The weather had been absolutely gorgeous, with pretty blue skies, and not a hint of rain in sight. And because the weather had been so gorgeous, Kim Sihyeon had decided she would step outside of her apartment and take a walk. The only problem with randomly deciding to leave your apartment without a plan. Or rather leave your apartment without eating prior, you were bound to get hungry.

 

“Really shouldn’t have left my place without eating first.” Sihyeon thought miserably.

 

And with the sounds of her stomach only growing louder, Kim Sihyeon knew she would have to find a restaurant soon. At first glance there didn’t seem to be any sort of restaurant in range. She certainly saw buildings of various types, a hardware store, a few apartment complexes. But nothing really said restaurant to her. Sihyeon sighed heavily and collapsed onto a nearby bench. Her hunger was getting to her and she was too far from home. 

 

Was it too late to walk back home without passing out?

 

Could she call for takeout and have it delivered to her current location, wherever she was?

 

Maybe Sihyeon could muster enough energy to wave someone down and ask them if they know any good restaurants in the area. Preferably within walking distance so she won’t pass out from hunger. Sihyeon allowed herself a few more minutes before getting up off the bench. The moment she stood up, Sihyeon could see what looked like a restaurant just around the next corner. Sihyeon laughed in relief.

 

“A restaurant, I’m saved.”

 

Finding energy she didn’t necessarily have before. Sihyeon practically ran for the restaurant. Sihyeon knew she probably looked like a crazy person entering the cozy looking restaurant. It gave such a welcoming vibe like entering someone’s home. She would have looked like a crazy person, that is, if there was a crowd full of people in here. Truthfully, there had been no one in here. Sihyeon was getting a little worried since most restaurants tend to have at least one or two living souls inside.

 

“Is there anyone home?” Sihyeon wonders aloud.

 

Just before Sihyeon was about to turn to go. Someone came out from the back. 

 

“Hi, welcome.” The warm and polite voice of the absolutely stunning dark-haired woman caught Sihyeon off guard. Sihyeon knew she was staring at the pretty woman with wide open. Normally, Sihyeon wouldn’t just be staring at some random woman, or anyone for that matter. This woman was honestly gorgeous as in model-level gorgeous. And Sihyeon wasn’t thinking that simply because the woman was taller than her. Just before Sihyeon could stand there and get lost in her bright brown eyes. She pulls herself together long enough to ask a vital question.

 

“Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question. But are you open?”

 

“Yes, we’re open.” The taller woman nods with a soft chuckle. “I know the place is a little deserted, but please sit anywhere you’d like. I’ll go grab a menu for you.”

 

“Okay, thanks!” Sihyeon is able to call out to the woman, who she assumes must be the waitress. The restaurant is nice and on the cozy side. At first it was a little worrying that there seemed to be no one around. Then again, having a private lunch by herself didn’t sound all that bad. At least, no one would be around to watch her stuff her face. Well, other than the nice waitress of course. Though, Sihyeon is sure she must have something else to do than watch her eat.

 

“Here you go.” The woman returns with not only a menu for her. But a glass of water and a pretty silver dish that held some lemon slices. “I bought you some water to start with.”

 

Talk about service. Sihyeon hadn’t been expecting the water or the lemon slices. She thanked the waitress just the same and took the menu from her. Everything on the menu sounded so good. Sihyeon actually let out this small sigh that somehow sounded cute to the taller woman. Perhaps because she had an equally cute pout on her face. 

 

“Do you need some help deciding?”

 

“Yes,” Sihyeon looks up at her with hopeful big brown eyes, “everything sounds too good. How does anyone pick?”

 

Again she hears that soft chuckle. It’s almost like a contradiction when the waitress has this y and intense look about her. Yet has this very soft and sweet voice at the same time. Talk about contradictions. 

 

“Let me help. What are you in the mood for? I can make some recommendations.”

 

Now that Sihyeon thought about it. What was she in the mood for? The only thoughts on her mind had been how hungry she was. 

 

“I’m honestly so hungry that if you put a plate in front of me, I’ll eat it.”

 

“Okay, then. One warm plate coming right up.”

 

“H-Hey!”

 

“I’m kidding, just kidding.” The waitress laughs at the shocked expression on Sihyeon’s face. “I actually have just the thing in mind. Sit tight and I’ll bring something delicious out to you, Ms….”

 

“Sihyeon.” She tells the waitress her name. “Kim Sihyeon.”

 

“Ms. Kim Sihyeon.”

 

Sihyeon was sure she had never felt so immediately comfortable with a waitress. Let alone a complete and total stranger. However, here she was completely and totally comfortable. And it had absolutely nothing to do with how stunning the waitress looked. 

 

(Of course not)

 

For now, she put all thoughts of her nice and attractive waitress to the side, and began to amuse herself by playing games on her phone. She wasn’t even sure how long she sat there. It was always easy to lose track of time when she got involved with a game she enjoyed. However, it had been long enough for the waitress to spot her with an excited grin on her face as she cleared another level.

 

“Adorable,” The dark-haired woman thinks with a smile. The brunette sitting in her restaurant waiting for her food was adorable. And to think today Heo Yoorim expected it to be a slow day. She didn’t imagine a pretty woman who honestly looked like some sort of movie actress, would have come into her restaurant of all places. Yet there she was and before Yoorim could allow herself to get carried away thinking about how nice and pretty Kim Sihyeon was. 

 

“Are you winning?”

 

“H-Huh, oh…” Sihyeon smiles in an embarrassed way. She hopes she wasn’t making too much of a scene. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Now, it’s fine, you look like you’re having fun. But I do hope you’re ready to eat.” 

 

Sihyeon nodded eagerly. Though there was still an embarrassed smile on her face. The waitress was nice, and didn’t about her game play. Sihyeon didn’t have much time to stay embarrassed as there were plates starting to be placed in front of her. Sihyeon’s mouth dropped at the sight of the perfectly golden brown pancakes and a side dish of rolled eggs.

 

“How can food look so pretty!”

 

That was Sihyeon’s honest thought. These plates looked as good as the photos you see in food magazines. 

 

“Please enjoy, let me know if I can get anything else for you.”

 

“You’ve already been great so far. I guess there’s one more thing you can do for me.”

 

Yoorim gives her a curious look, only to smile when the next words leaves Sihyeon’s mouth.

 

“Can you tell me your name?”

 

Now this Yoorim hadn't been expecting. Because Sihyeon seems to think she’s the waitress and Yoorim didn’t think people tended to ask a waitress for their name. But because she has been enjoying Sihyeon’s company so far. Yoorim decides she has nothing to lose by telling Sihyeon her name.

 

“My name’s Yoorim, and it’s really nice to meet you, Sihyeon.”

 

“Yoorim….” Sihyeon thinks as she lets the pretty name of an equally pretty woman settle in her mind. “It’s nice to meet you too, Yoorim.”

 

Yoorim excuses herself to allow Sihyeon privacy to eat. Not that she needed all that much privacy. The restaurant itself was still empty. Sihyeon could not understand why because this food looked absolutely beautiful.

 

“Why on earth is this place empty, I…” The moment she took a single bite out of the eggs first. Only for her eyes to light up and a delighted moan escaped her lips. 

 

How in the world was this place empty, when the food was this good? Sihyeon just didn’t understand it. Sihyeon was pretty sure she had been sitting at this table stuffing her face. But who cares. This food was quite possibly the best she’s ever had.

 

“Yoorim!”

 

“Yes?” The taller woman came running out from the back. “Is there something wrong?”

 

“No, there’s nothing wrong. Please give my compliments to the chef!” She shouts out in the cutest way that has Yoorim smiling. 

 

“I will.”

 

Though the compliments had already been given to the chef. Yoorim thought it was interesting that Sihyeon didn’t know she was the chef. Not that it was all that obvious or anything. Though, Yoorim hadn’t exactly been dressed like a waitress or anything either. She kind of enjoyed Sihyeon thinking she was a waitress. It made things easier as far as having a conversation. Sihyeon felt so comfortable that there hadn’t been any awkwardness. She sat there talking to Yoorim longer than she would have had she known Yoorim was in truth the owner and chef of this fine establishment. And Sihyeon hadn’t been the only one having such a good time. Yoorim didn’t fully realize it herself until Sihyeon was leaving. That she kind of hoped she’d order at least one more dish if it meant she could talk to the other woman a little longer.

 

“I’ll be back.” The brunette assures.

 

“Really?”

 

“Oh, absolutely. How could I not come back when the food here is this good. Not to mention the service isn’t all that bad either.” The way Sihyeon says that with a slight tease in her voice has Yoorim smile. Now she really does hope Sihyeon comes back again. 

 

“That’s our goal. Delicious food, with so-so service.”

 

Sihyeon laughs out loud at that. She really likes Yoorim, and it would be a lie if she wasn’t coming back for more than just the good food. She’s been enjoying Yoorim’s pleasant company too much. She makes immediate plans to come back as soon as possible.

 

“I’ll see you soon, Yoorim.”

 

“See you soon, Sihyeon.” 


 

Soon could have meant anything. Yoorim hadn’t been expecting much. She would have been happy whenever Sihyeon decided to return. Or rather she would have been happy if the other woman had decided to return. Yoorim didn’t think soon meant soon as in two days later soon. Yoorim was in the middle of wiping down tables when the front door opened, and she heard that all too familiar voice. As if she could have already forgotten.

 

“Guess who’s back?” Sihyeon had that same warm smile on her face. The very same that had Yoorim feeling at ease and like she should smile too. Which is exactly what she does? She smiles because it’s so easy to smile back at Sihyeon. 

 

“Hi, it’s so good to see you, Sihyeon. You really did mean soon, huh.”

 

“Uh-huh. I wanted to come back sooner. But I didn’t want to seem like I was too desperate for good food, even though I kind of am.”

 

Truthfully, Sihyeon had to stop herself from coming back the next day. She not only wanted to eat here again. She wanted to see Yoorim and spend more time with her. But she also convinced herself to wait at least two days. She didn’t want to potentially scare the woman away or anything.

 

“You should have come.” Yoorim laughs. “I’m not going to turn down a desperate woman for food, that means money.”

 

Sihyeon places a hand over her chest and looks highly offended. “Is that what you care about my money? Not about my one-of-a-kind personality and wonderful company that can’t be bought.”

 

“Oh, your personality is wonderful, I’m sure, Ms. Kim. But we also really like money here.” The owner smiles in a way that does let Sihyeon know that Yoorim is teasing her. Sihyeon is handed a menu and seated again just as she was the last time she was here. 

 

“Do you think you can join me again like the last time?”

 

Yoorim was about to answer that she would love to. Only there had been other customers entering the restaurant. Yoorim apologized to Sihyeon for more than one reason. She would have loved to sit down and talk again like she had the last time. It had been disappointing, but she couldn’t exactly ignore other customers either. No matter how nice and pretty Sihyeon was. It wasn’t like Yoorim had been the only one disappointed either. Sihyeon had found herself wishing they could sit down and talk too, at first. But then that disappointment faded away when she started to watch Yoorim with the customers. 

 

Watching Yoorim had been like watching a superwoman to put it quite honestly. Not only did she listen well to everyone’s orders, including Sihyeon’s. She was still very friendly and warm. Yoorim also got everyone’s food out in a decent amount of time too. Food that was still as delicious as it was the first time Sihyeon ate it. Delicious food that Sihyeon certainly didn’t mind if other people noticed if she had been stuffing her face. 

 

“She’s amazing…”

 

Yoorim was amazing.

 

Sihyeon couldn’t take her eyes off of her. At least, it hadn’t gone unnoticed by the very woman herself. Yoorim had noticed of course that there were a certain pair of eyes on her the whole time. But she had chosen not to say anything for a reason. Because it was more fun to catch Sihyeon off guard. 

 

“Found something interesting about the way I place a glass on the table or….” Yoorim asks with a familiar tease in her voice that pulls Sihyeon out of her thoughts. The brunette looked up with slightly red cheeks. Maybe it’s the way she’s being teased, or the way Yoorim is looking at her with that look in her eyes.

 

“Well, you do know how to put a glass on the table. I can’t argue with that.” 

 

Yoorim chuckles. She does appreciate the fact that Sihyeon has a comeback. Yoorim always likes a woman who can serve a good comeback. It's very stimulating. And now that they are alone again, Yoorim can probably sit down to enjoy another conversation with her. That is if Sihyeon doesn’t have to leave right away. 

 

“You’re an interesting one, Kim Sihyeon. Do you have to rush, would you like to join me for a cup of coffee?”

 

Sihyeon didn’t even like coffee all that much, not really. But things can be forgotten when you want to get to know someone better. Things seem to fly right out the window when you find someone attractive. And so Sihyeon agrees to that cup of coffee. Her initial thought had been why the hell did she agree to a cup of coffee when she doesn’t even like coffee. Only for that to fade when she sees two cute mugs that were beautifully decorated, with its intricate art design in the center. Who knew the chef here was also good at latte art?  It was so beautifully done, almost to the point that she didn’t think she should even drink her mug? 

 

Were those small stars woven together?

 

“The chef would be sad if you didn’t drink, Syeon.”

 

“Syeon?”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Yoorim apologizes. “That might have been too forward of me. I should have asked first.” She really should have asked first before just randomly giving Sihyeon an entire nickname. They might be comfortable with one another, sure. But were they really comfortable to the point of giving nicknames? 

 

“No, it’s okay. I like it.” She reached out for her own mug of coffee, accidentally touching one of the taller woman’s hands by doing so. The two look at each other for a brief moment with identical smiles before Yoorim does place her mug of coffee down on the table for her. 

 

“I like it too. It suits you.”

 

So Sihyeon sat there with a mug of coffee that she found didn’t taste too bad at all. Enjoying her conversation with someone who had to be the loveliest person she has met in a very long time, who just happened to be very easy on the eyes. Was this a date? No, not exactly. And yet, Sihyeon knew if she were asked she would certainly agree if they were to start talking along the lines of a real date.

 

“How long have you been working here?” Sihyeon decides to ask instead. The first step in getting to know more about someone, is in fact, asking questions about said person.

 

Now this was a tough question. With Sihyeon still thinking she is the waitress, how on earth is she supposed to answer the question. Yoorim honestly doesn’t like lying or withholding information in the first place. It might have been cute at first, because they were strangers. 

 

“I….”

 

Yoorim doesn't get to answer. Mostly because Sihyeon’s cell phone rings, and judging from the tone of the call it sounds important. So much so that Sihyeon ends up having to take a rain check.

 

“I’ll be back, don’t worry.”

 

“You still have to finish a cup of coffee so I’ll hold you to it.” Yoorim agrees, looking dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter