Chapter 4

All About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day that Seulgi was dreading had come. She has to go grocery shopping with Irene. They are out of groceries and Seulgi cannot postpone it any further even if she wanted to.

Nor that she could in any way. Yeri had already gone crazy when she was out of ramen. She had to buy the poor girl some packets today if she did not want to face her teenage wrath.

Seulgi realized that it is probably going to be very awkward but she was just as excited as she was nervous. This was probably the first time they were going out somewhere alone. Seulgi's mind supplies that they are going out on a date but she quickly brushed those thoughts away.

Seulgi was waiting for Irene to come down. She tried telling the other that she could manage it alone but Irene remarked that she couldn't make Seulgi do much work alone. Seulgi reluctantly agreed, trying to convince herself that spending time with the other girl was a good thing as the more she stayed with Irene,  the less awkward she would be around her.

Her thoughts were interrupted as Irene patted her shoulder.

"Hey! Ready to go?" Irene says as she smiles sweetly. Seulgi did not even realize when Irene had come down.

As Seulgi does not say anything Irene seems to panic and quickly apologizes for the delay complaining about the eco-bags that were nowhere in sight.

Irene's panic breaks Seulgi out of her Irene loving thoughts and she hastily tells the other that waiting for a few minutes was not a big deal.

Irene nods and they start walking towards the mart. She seems to find it a bit difficult to keep up with Seulgi's pace. Seulgi registers it and slows down suddenly causing Irene to bump into Seulgi.

"I am so sorry-"

"No, I am sorry," Seulgi fumbles. "I was in my thoughts." Seulgi mentally face palms herself. It has not even been 10 minutes and she had already made a fool out of herself. Irene does not seem to mind as she smiles at her and continues walking.

"You seem to be doing that a lot today." Irene smirks. Seulgi smiles as she rolls her eyes. Indeed, she has been doing that a lot today but she is not at fault, Irene is. Thus she cannot tease Seulgi. But Seulgi undoubtedly cannot convey that to Irene so she chooses to keep shut.

"We will be needing a lot of stuff," Seulgi says trying to change the topic.

"We will," Irene nods, looking around at the tall buildings brightly lit.  There is not a lot of crowd on the road. The air is pleasantly cold and Seulgi feels happy all bundled up. They share a comfortable silence that neither of them seems to mind.

 

 

As they walk inside the shop, the cold air sweeps across their face. It is an hour before closing time, there are only a few customers scattered around, so Seulgi and Irene have most of the aisles to themselves. They walk side by side keeping an eye out for good deals with Seulgi pushing the grocery cart.

"Where do you want to go first?" Seulgi asks as she pushes the cart forward. Soft background music is playing at every corner of the store.

"Fruits and vegetable aisle first," Irene says as she is looking down at the shopping list in her hand.

They walk towards the fresh produce aisle and Irene starts searching for the vegetables on the list. They pick up some cabbage, onions, and carrots. Irene is about to pick up pumpkin when Seulgi reminds her that Yeri specifically asked them not to. Irene hastily keeps it down and goes to search for other vegetables.

The bakery section is pretty uneventful except for a small banter over what bread to buy- Irene wants the white while Seulgi wants the healthier whole wheat option. She loses the argument as Irene quickly calls Yeri who screams that she wants white bread and that brown bread is yucky.

 

Irene next hurries to the sauce aisle and Seulgi follows her. Seulgi does not seem to see the cart coming from the other side and accidentally bumps into a man. She rushes to check on the shocked man and helps him gather his fallen groceries while repeatedly apologizing to him. The man seems livid but his expressions completely change when he sees Seulgi. The man j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter