Fin

Rainy Season 장마
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s a Friday night and Karina couldn’t wait for her to clock out and head home. She already imagine herself having a good nice-warm bath, and then sweet reunion with her comfy-fluffy bed. Even just by the thought of it already make her smile. 

 

She loves her work, don’t get her wrong. The co-workers are friendly and kind. The company pay her with a rather large sum of money, so no complaint either on that part.

 

And the best part is her manager, is someone who’s so kind-hearted, smart, reliable, and caring person, that she has been secretly crushing on in the past 2 years of her working time here. 

 

A beautiful woman, inside and out, named Kim Taeyeon. Always adored and loved by many. 

 

Karina looked at the time in her laptop screen and realized that it’s already 7.15 PM. Time flies.. She has been working overtime again, but she’s glad that all of her works are done for this week so she can enjoy her weekend in peace. 

 

She gathered her stuff and get ready to leave her cubicle. Out of habit and politeness, and of course also because she’s whipped, she made a stop in front of her manager’s room. 

 

She knocked two times before she push the door open, ready to greet her manager with the prettiest smile of hers. Just to see no one inside. She can't help but to frown.

 

But weirdly the AC and lamp inside the room are all still on. Maybe Taeyeon is in the restroom, Karina thought. 

 

So she waited for the older. 

 

And as if the said person knows that Karina is waiting for her, Karina’s phone suddenly rings and shows Taeyeon’s caller ID on its flashing screen. 

 

“Hello, Taeyeon unnie?” Karina happily greeted. 

 

“Oh, Karina-yah. Are you still in the office?” Taeyeon asked. 

 

“Ah, yes. In fact I’m in your room right now. I was going to leave the office but I wanted to greet you before I leave.”

 

“Ah thank God. I’m so sorry but I have a favor to ask. Can you help me?”

 

“Of course, unnie. What is it?” 

 

“Uh.. You see.. I’m actually out of office already right now. On my way to airport to pick up someone. They kinda gave me a surprise visit so I immediately rushed out and forget to turn off the lamp and AC in my office room. Could you please help to turn them off for me?”

 

“Ah sure thing, unnie. Anything else?”

 

“Ah.. yes. In fact, I also accidentally left an important document that I need to bring home with me today so I can review and finalize it this weekend before I send the report to our director. Could you please bring that document to my house tomorrow? Look, I know I’m really troubling you. Feel free to refuse, Rina-yah.” 

 

“Aigoo, chill, unnie.” Karina chuckled. “It’s not a big problem, alright? I’ll bring it to you tomorrow. I mean I know your place is not far from mine. You once told me that. But I never know exactly where. So please send me the address.”

 

“I will! And please know that you’re really a life-saver, Karina-yah! I owe you one! THANK YOU! REALLY!!”

 

Karina just giggled at Taeyeon’s cuteness and overflown excitements. 

 

“Anything for my favorite manager.” Karina softly said, hoping she won’t be too obvious in showing her extreme likings toward her manager. 

 

“Aigoo of course I’m your favorite. You literally have no other manager aside from me, you silly!” Taeyeon cackled. 

 

Karina can’t stop herself from smiling from ear to ear that night. Her smile even still intact when she turned off the light in her bedroom and get ready for sleep. And yes, she saw Taeyeon in her dream too.

 

***

 

Saturday morning came and Karina is currently busy rummaging through her wardrobe. Trying to find the best outfit she can wear to meet her favorite manager. She wants to impress Taeyeon. 

 

After a tormenting hour of choosing clothes, Karina finally settled with a pair of white skinny jeans, a white turtleneck and black leather jacket as the outer. 

 

She put some make up on, straightening her naturally straight-beautiful black hair, and spray on her favorite perfume on her body as the last touch.

 

Perfect.

 

She then hailed a cab and told the driver to drive to the address that Taeyeon sent her last night. 

 

After around 15 minutes drive, Karina arrived in front of a big-fancy white house with high wooden gates around it, that she believed is Taeyeon’s. 

 

Her manager is filthy rich indeed. 

 

Karina get off the taxi and thanked the ahujussi driver before she walked toward the gate and pressed the bell. 

 

“Kim’s residence. May I help you?” A woman’s voice greeted through the intercom. 

 

“Hi. I’m Karina Yu. A friend of Taeyeon unnie. I want to give her something.” Karina explained. 

 

“Oh, Miss Taeyeon already informed me about your expected arrival today. Please come in.”

 

And soon after the woman said that, the gate buzzed open. Karina wasted no time to push the door and get inside. Giddy to meet Taeyeon. 

 

As she walks in, she realized that she can’t see Taeyeon’s familar black Mercedes-Benz at the yard. Instead there’s an unfamiliar red BMW parked there. 

 

A middle aged woman in a maid uniform greeted her. Karina thinks she’s the one that talked to her earlier. 

 

“Welcome, Miss Karina. Please come inside.”

 

“Thank you.” Karina bowed politely. 

 

The maid beckoned Karina to take a seat on the sofa in the living room and warmly smiled at her. 

 

“Please wait here, Miss. Miss Taeyeon is still out but she’ll be back soon. In the meantime please enjoy these snacks that I’ve prepared.”

 

“Oh, thank you so much.”

 

“You’re welcome, Miss. My name is Mija. If there’s anything else you need, you can call me. I’ll be just in the kitchen. Then, please excuse me.” Mija bowed at Karina and then took her leave. 

 

Karina looked around the house and can’t help herself from adoring the interior. 

 

After 15 minutes of waiting, Karina started to feel bored. So she decided to text Taeyeon, simply to let the older knows that she’s already arrived but no need to rush to come home. 

 

After she pressed send, she can hear some light footsteps approaching her from behind. 

 

She thought it’s Mija imo again, but to her surprise, she heard an unfamiliar voice that force her to turn her head to look at the person.

 

“Oh, didn’t know we have a guest today.” The person said with her soft-slightly high pitched voice. 

 

What a cute voice, Karina thought to herself. 

 

The person and Karina locked eyes and Karina wonders who this cute kid is. 

 

Ah, she must be Taeyeon’s little sister. Karina remember Taeyeon once told her that she has a younger sister who just recently went back to Korea after years of studying abroad. Karina didn’t know the is this big. 

 

Because Taeyeon’s sister who stands in front of her right now is looking so adorably cute.

 

With her white-porcelain like small face, her furrowed straight eyebrows, her big doe eyes that look at her in full curiosity, a small pout on her pinkish thin lips, and her slightly messy brown bed hair. 

 

Not to mention she’s also still in her yellow pajamas that has so many bananas pattern on it. Such a cute baby. 

 

Karina wanted to squeal at the sight. The kid resembles a hamster and Karina suddenly has this strong urge to put the girl inside her pocket and keep her safe there. 

 

And the resemblance between the two sisters is indeed fascinating. Almost scary even.

 

Because they almost look like twins at first glance. But they still have some distinctive features that make them look different from one and another. Tho both are pretty, looking so young and cute. Bless their family good genes. 

 

“Who are you?” Winter’s question finally brings Karina back from her own train of thoughts. 

 

“A-ah. Sorry. For intruding. I’m Karina Yu. Taeyeon unnie's co-worker and friend. I’m here to meet her.”

 

“Ah, you’re Taeyeon’s friend.” Karina raised her eyebrow at the statement. She wonders why the younger girl didn’t call Taeyeon as unnie, and just call her name like that.

 

And as if Winter can read her mind, Winter gave the older girl a playful smirk and lightly scoffed. 

 

“I grew up in States, Karina. And it’s still feel kinda weird for me to follow Korean’s way in addressing the older people with so many names and rules. It’s making my head hurt sometimes.” Winter cutely rolled her eyes. She tried to look annoyed, but all Karina can see is an unhappy-sulking baby. 

 

“A-ah I see.” Karina said with faint blush on her cheeks. Feeling somehow shy because Winter just easily read through her like that. 

 

“And besides our is not that big.” Winter added as she sleepily waddled her way toward Karina. 

 

And again Karina found the sight is too cute. So she let out a chuckle. 

 

“What?” Winter asked as she plopped down to sit beside Karina with a fair big space in between them. She might not like to follow Korean rules, but she’s a person who knows how to respect people’s privacy and personal space. 

 

“Nothing.” Karina tried to stop herself from smiling too much.

 

“Hey, you haven’t told me your name.” Karina said as she looks at Winter curiously. 

 

Winter flashed her a small teasing smile that showing a bit of her white pearly teeth, before she opens to speak. 

 

“Winter Kim. Well I have a Korean name too of course. But again, since I grew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter