1--

Space Habitants: Universe for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Earth is no longer the only place suitable for living in the Universe. 

 

With years, the other planets have transformed into habitable places, and thus life occupies the Universe. From the smallest to the biggest, coldest to the hottest, each planet has living beings suitable to its environment. The habitants of the other planets look upon Earth as it is the first to bear life. Earth, named the Mother of all Lives as it has unique lives, unfound in the other planets. After all, Earth has lived in the deepest, murkiest waters, barren lands and highest mountains.

 

Earth as it is, wasn’t like before—dull and congested. 

 

Previously the air which fuels the Earthians to breathe was toxic but now it’s the freshest than it has ever been. The waters in the ocean are so clean. The deepest forests untouched and the lands are clean, free from destruction. There is no need to burn trees and mines for fuels. They made engines to work on simple switches. Houses built with waste materials and with proper composition, it lasts longer than the houses made before. Barriers and borders are lifted for people to be free and leaders work as a Union for the future of the Earthians. The Earth and its living have leaped forward, leaving behind greed and money for a peaceful future. 

 

The Earth now is more advanced than before and it has surpassed its earlier technologies to more advanced innovations. Scientific discoveries have led Earthians to a bigger understanding of the Universe, Space and Earth itself and with that they have evolved past normal Earthian lifestyle. They can travel past the atmosphere and journey through space without a suit and oxygen tank. These discoveries have led the Earthians to have diplomatic relationships with the other Space Inhabitants. People of the Space may travel around for vacation. For Earthians who wish to travel and see the Universe, they are required to apply for a travel pass and go through a special health screening. This pass and health screening will determine one’s ability to travel past the Earth’s atmosphere.

 

In the current year, Year 4287; the Earthians are facing a problem. They’re floating. Everyone and everything floats into the air for minutes and falls back to the ground. The cycle repeats; every several minutes everything floats and then, everyone crashes down, causing havoc and uncontrollable movements. Every bit of the surface floats into the air. The higher it goes, the harder it falls and many living beings, including the Earthians, have injured themselves. It’s a chaos no one can imagine. 

 

It has only begun two days back, and the havoc caused is disrupting the well-maintained peace. The hospitals filled, the roads abandoned. There are fires everywhere and stores looted. It’s a state of emergency. The Union leaders went down to the problem themselves, to look into the issue that’s causing the havoc and as expected; caused by The Gem.

 

Each of these planets in the Universe has a sacred gem – water, air, gravity, power, light, and fire. These gems are meant to be protected, yet it protects the respective planets from dangers. Each of these gems is hidden, and it is not meant to be held by any living being or stolen, taken away from its location. Removing these gems from their original position will cause unseen, unacceptable chaos. 

The Water Gem resides in Neptune’s waters, guarded by fishes, bigger than whales. The Air Gem belongs to Jupiter, unseen with the eyes, lost in Jupiter’s thick foggy blanket. The Power Gem is in Mercury, close to the sun to extract and filter the energy. The Light Gem belongs to Venus. It captures the excessive energy and light from all the stars in space and holds them together. It makes Venus extremely bright and warm. The Fire Gem is hidden on Mars. The gem projects its fiery nature to the surface of Mars, making it look reddish and hot. And lastly,

The most powerful gem lies deep beneath the Earth’s land and it’s the Gravity Gem. There are nine of them. The Gravity Gem is quite small, the diameter of a ring and it is light pink. Each of the gravity gems is placed according to their position, focused on an alignment. It is shaped like a nonagon. This alignment produces the gravitational power, having everything in place. The nine Gravity Gems pull not only the Earth’s but the other planets’ force too. Basically, without the Gravity Gem, one by one, all the planets will lose their force and pull to stay at one place.

 

This Gravity Gem is in an underground temple made centuries ago. 

 

A group of five leaders and a wise one join the expedition to check on the Gem. A series of stairs leads them lower and lower into the ground. Unlike being on the surface, being underground kept them rooted to the ground and after hours of trailing down the staircase, they came to the entrance of the temple. It no longer looked magnificent, as it was centuries ago, when it was first made. Now, it looks more like a ruin but the glow from the gems in the middle of the temple proves that no matter how old the temple is, it shall remain strong.

 

From a distance, the gems can be seen in their position. They’re glowing. Around it stood four pillars and as the group steps forward, a protective frame lights up. It covers and protects the gems. The frames are made from a solid, bullet-proof glass. To deactivate the protective frame, one must enter a ten-digit code and with that, the gems will be accessible. However, as soon as they reach near the frames, the wise one gasps loudly. “This is a horrible mistake!” he shrieks, looking at the remaining four leaders. The leaders stared at the stone table. One point in the alignment circle is missing. One of the nine gems is missing. The Gravity gem has been stolen.


 

 

--////--


 

 

“We’re in great trouble,” Minister Lee says, worrying over the peoples’ conditions. It has been almost a week now and things don't seem to look any better. As a precaution, Earthians have tied themselves with a rope, knotted to a stronger foundation which wouldn’t float to the air every ten minutes, bigger health facilities are opened for the public to receive treatments and most of them suffer from broken bones. Lucky are those who suffer only minimal cuts but there is no guarantee on how long they will be lucky.

 

Minister Lee presses his forehead. The safety of the people lies on his shoulders mainly, but he is thankful for all the help he has been getting from the other ministers. He looks up to the big screen at the edge of the room. It’s a see-through screen but all the findings and data can be seen clearly. It shows pictures from the temple site on the display and all ten Union leaders stare at the screen, trying to work on a plan to get back the gem. One leader is a Science and Technology honorary and he works on the computer to look for more information. 

 

“Minister Jang, let me help you.” Minister Song offers and uses another computer to open up the Defence recordings. The Defence Bureau has thousands of cameras installed in every part of Earth and he filters his search by inserting a picture of the gem. In less than ten seconds ten different recordings pop up; dated from two weeks ago. “There!” Minister Siew points, using his own pointer to zoom the image on the screen. “This looks like trespassing!!” Minister Lee exclaims and Minister Song presses the speed dial to the Bureau.

 

“I need a clear clip of the recordings I’m sending to you. Get the agents to track the suspects and get back to me as soon as possible.”

 

“Can you zoom in on the footage, Song?” Minister Park requests and the Defence Minister tries his hands on the screen to zoom in on the suspects. “Here.” He says and pushes the image to the primary screen for everyone to see.

 

“These people…” Minister Ban speaks suddenly, alerting everyone with his tone, “They don’t look Earthians.”

 

“What are you trying to say?” Minister Jang questions. If the matter doesn’t involve Earthians, it will be a bigger issue to handle and it might involve their other planetary allies. “Look at their attire and the way they walk.” He points to the screen. “They don’t look like us. They look from somewhere outside of Earth.”

 

“That would be an accusation if we’re not sure, Ban.” Minister Song says and at that moment, there’s someone at the door wearing the Bureau’s uniform.

 

“What news do you have for me?” Minister Song asks as soon as the officer steps in.

 

“Sir, Agent Kim.” the officer bows in respect.

 

“Kim. What do you have for me?”

 

“We have some pictures.” Agent Kim says and immediately he types something onto the keyboard and a few pictures show up on the screen. “These are the pictures taken from our satellite and it seems we had an unknown entry in our atmosphere on the 22nd; the day the gems were stolen.”

 

“Do we know where they are from?” Minister Song asks, enlarging the spaceship picture provided by the bureau. “No. But there’s a name on the Spaceship.”

 

“Over there,” One of the minister points and Minister Song reads the name aloud, “Xinian”

 

“What is Xinian? Is it the name of the spaceship or the place they came from?”

 

“That we are not sure, sir. The information we got contradicts each other. In some documentations, it’s just the name of a spaceship but in some, it mentions an undisclosed team from Neptune.”

 

The room falls into a silence, all eyes staring at the screen in front of them. The Union had suspected it to be a work of an outsider, but they never thought it would be real. “Why would Neptune want our Gravity Gem?” Minister Jang asks, but the question is directed to no one. He is thinking aloud and the only agent in the room responds, “We have to make a plan quickly if we need to get this gem back.”

 

“It’s Neptune, Kim. Going there will take us months and by that time our people will be in an unspeakable condition.”

 

“Song, what do you suggest? Get someone to lead this mission and get the gem back.”

 

Minister Song turns to look at the agent in the room and, “Agent Kim, since you’re already involved, I want you to go on this mission.”

 

“Sir, I…”

 

“No Kim. I don’t want to hear anythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter