Signal

LOVE IS A VERB

      Sana was standing in front of the office building as they planned to meet there. It was quite chilly outside but still, it did not bother her. Some people greeted her and said goodbyes.

Wearing her high heels somewhat made Sana a little bit uncomfortable so she decided to sit on a bench and left a short message to Dahyun [Where are you?]

Sana always has been remaining professional and strict in her field. She is open-minded and skilled for sure. However, Sana’s behavior has been changing as Dahyun occurred in the office scene. The usual focused Sana seeks her young intern. Probably because of her responsibility or usual Dahyun’s “Good morning” and cute dances with Ms.Kwon.

Dahyun always attracted other colleges and co-workers. Dahyun tries to be in the same vibe with a certain college: adorably observe angry Jihyo, cutely dances if Ms.Kwon gives her a free meal or even sudden hug from Dahyun because she feels like it.

While Sana and Dahyun's relationship is one of the new and cute things that happened in the office. After two months working as an intern, Dahyun figured out that Sana loves coffee. Sometimes Dahyun mocks at her and gives them lollipops or candies when Sana gets stress because of work.

[Don’t overload yourself Ms.Minatozaki, you are already getting old] after such sentences, Dahyun gets hard pinches and giggles from Sana.

If Dahyun could describe her, she probably, says that she has a clear dedication and heart full of love.

Sana knew that she has pure affection towards pale girls while Dahyun seems very oblivious from Sana’s firm. Sometimes, Jihyo jokes when she sees sulky Sana because Dahyun went to have lunch with other workers who drag her all around without her permission. Jihyo is one of the closest friends of Sana from the university. They shared precious memories from freshman years. That’s why she can rely on her and talk without any formality.

____

 

Sana dozes off waiting for Dahyun on the bench. As Dahyun came closer and kneeled to admire her. Dahyun can’t lie but whenever she sees Sana, the girl takes her breath away. Noticing someone’s gaze towards her, Sana woke up and saw Dahyun who was just looking at her all smiley

“wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey” the younger girl said still smiling.

“It is not even morning….” So Sana stand properly and was ready to ask her what she really wanted to do

“Ms.Minatozki we need to go somewhere where I can give something…. Sounds so mysterious, isn’t it?” Dahyun rhetorically questioned herself remaining in her place.

The question how mentally occurred in Sana’s head since she is not sure that she would be able to walk properly since her car is in vehicle repair service….

“Do you have a car?” Sana questioned Dahyun but surely, she knew that Dahyun cannot drive

“Of course no…. we should take bus Ms.Minatozaki” Sana nervously smiled and said to go.

They walked towards the bus station to keep a conversation going. Dahyun has already mentally took note that Sana felt uncomfortable with her heels. After waiting for a while, they got on the bus without much of saying. Sitting together, Dahyun gave her one of the AirPods “we should listen to music than snore of the old man….. but if you want to…more than that you can relax….”

Sana smiled and took one that Dahyun held. Dahyun one of the chilling music and said that she lay her head on her shoulder. After some 3 minutes, Sana made herself comfortable and lay her head as Dahyun said. Sana listened to the music that was playing in the younger playlist. Sana noticed the nervousness of Dahyun as she was playing with her fingers.  She did not want to be this so awkward so Sana pulled Dahyun’s hand closer to her and held it without any permission. As Dahyun looked down and blushed madly, she quickly intertwined their hands.

 

It feels like one of the platonic love, which possibly turns into a strong and deep bond.

 

Both of them knew they reach such territory with Sana. Just things never talked about between them. Such sweet attempts made them confident they feel something forward to each other.

As they get off the bus, “It will take 10 minutes to get to our destination and then we can probably have dinner? Sounds good?” and Sana just nodded saying “Then dinner is on me” 

While walking Dahyun delightedly said “Ohh… Sana being generous today then I have to choose expensive dish” Sana’s eyes got bigger as Dahyun said her name without any formality. She liked it but  “Yah do you want to die?” as Sana tried to hit “or would you like to hug me… Sana-yah?” Dahyun said all smiley still anticipating a hit from Sana

“You are really unbelievable,” Sana said still smiling. “I see your heart fluttered, right? Sana-yah” Dahyun joked around still walking “You are right, my heart fluttered. I found an opportunity to hit you on the head so my heart fluttering like crazy. Seriously!” as Sana tried to mock her she sees that Dahyun didn’t even flinch “You can hit me. It is you. You are an exception. Hit me” as Dahyun closed her eyes and there was a hard one, even Dahyun’s forehead a little bit reddened.

“You thought I wouldn't do it, right? You can find a hospital on your way. If it is a serious issue, give me a receipt Dahyun”

Sana runs away all smiley and happy. She felt contended. She internally admitted “Sana” sounds better when Dahyun calls her.

“Wait up,” Dahyun said a little bit raising her voice so Sana would stop. As Sana looked at her, Dahyun lost. The lights of the city just illume the beautiful face of a Japanese girl. For this moment, Dahyun froze in her place and she was sure…..only Sana can affect her that way…..

“Hurry up,” Sana said remaining in her place so Dahyun came closer and grabbed her one of the sneakers shops. Dahyun was not sure what to do next “Ms.Minatozaki please choose one of the sneakers that you like….. I thought it is not so comfortable with heels… so it can be present as thank you from me as an intern,” Dahyun said with pauses avoiding Sana’s eyes. While Sana wanted just already kiss the girl being all-adorable but she only could smile “which one….should I choose one that I can wear them even in office too” and went to check sneakers. Dahyun walked beside her still observing that Sana held and checked the price

“You don’t need to check the price…. Don’t you think that’s one better” Dahyun found new balances and gave Sana to check them? “Still…you are student” taking shoes from Dahyun  

“I will graduate soon and I have already get my job. Don’t worry… try on Ms.Minatozaki” Dahyun said noticing Sana still holding the pair of shoes that she recommended.

 

 Sana sat down to try them on, she struggled with her heels. After taking off her heels, she rested her foot. She could not try them in immediately. Seeing such Sana’s struggle, Dahyun kneeled down and gently massaged her foot muscles. It eased the tiredness of her foot. Sana felt millions of butterflies in her stomach. 

“Your girlfriend is really sweet,” one of the workers, said all smiley, which only gets the immediate attention of two women.

“Oh… it is not like that..” Dahyun said after some 7 seconds of silence. Obviously, it made Sana made a little bit sulky. Dahyun was nervous and her hands shacked every second.

After trying on pairs of sneakers, Sana chose which Dahyun liked. After paying for the sneakers, Sana decided not to put her heels on. “Is it comfortable?” Dahyun asked checking her sneakers from time to time.

“Yes. It is. Thank you”

“Thank you too for appearing in my life… probably it sounds too much but you were the one who helped and cheered during these 6 months. You supported me as much as possible….Ms.Minatozaki you are full of love…you care for all people regardless of your strict attitude in the office. It is just a small present expressing my gratitude towards your hard work and patience,” Dahyun sincerely said and what she did not expect was a hug from Sana.

As Sana hugged her Dahyun exhaled Sana’s scent

“I really wanted to hug you for so long… you worked hard Dahyun-yah”

 

 

 

And it was a signal for something big