008

Espresso Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]08[/CONTENTID1]
 [CONTENTID2]Past[/CONTENTID2] 

[CONTENTID3]"Your past is just a story. 
If you see it like this it won't have any power over you."[/CONTENTID3] 

[CONTENTID4]Some days after the owners arranged the new menu, Kyungsoo's younger sister stepped in Espresso Love for the first time. "Hello. My name is Do Jeongyeon, I'm 20 years old. Nice to meet you." She bowed. 

"Kyungwan you don't need to hide your real name, I chose that." Kyungsoo said. 

"Exactly! A five year-old boy chose my name which is like boys' name." She pouted. "I'd be thankful if you call me Jeongyeon." 

"Ok Jeongyeon, welcome to Espresso Love." Junmyeon said, smiling. "I'm Kim Junmyeon and she's Misu, Park Misu." 

"Nice to meet you." She said, grinning. "Oh sorry, I can't hide my excitement and I have to say that you're such a sweet couple. Your girlfriend is so pretty, Junmyeon-ssi." 

"Kyungwan!" Kyungsoo hid his eyes with his hand. "I'm sorry guys." 

"Why are you sorry? Did I say something wrong?" 

Misu tried to smile, she loved to be called like that, Junmyeon's girlfriend. "Well, he's my bestie, not boyfriend." 

"Oh... sorry." 

Suddenly the door opened and Hyorin jumped in. "Everyone, I'm so sorry! I was stuck in traffic jam." She bowed. 

"You are..." Jeongyeon turned to her brother. "Is she, is she Jung Hyorin?" Kyungsoo nodded. "You are working with this woman? How oppa? Oh, I can't believe this." 

"You're Kyungwan, am I right?" Hyorin walked closer. "You've grown up. You must be... 20 by now." 

"How can you... talk like nothing has happened? Do you have any idea about my oppa's life after you? Why now? Why should you come into his life exactly when he is healing, when he's forgetting you?" She asked. "So you're the reason why he can't sleep at ni_" 

"Kyungwan, please stop it." 

"Oppa, I'm not like you! You never complain, that's your problem!" 

"You're still a kid!" The waitress shouted at her. "We both made a promise, not to talk about past. You must do so if you want to work here." 

Junmyeon and Misu just looked at them. The argument in front of them was scary. Kyungsoo took his sister's hand and led her to the kitchen. "Kyungwan, sometimes it's good to forgive you know..." He caressed her hair. 

"Oppa... she didn't have the right to leave you like that. I'll never forgive her, because she hurt you." 

"Whatever that has happened, it's finished now, right?" Jeongyeon sniffed. "Right little Wannie?" She nodded. "Don't worry about oppa, hon." Kyungsoo hugged her. "Oppa is fine, I'm fine." 

Meanwhile, Misu led the waitress to a chair. She was trembling with anger. No one ever had scolded her for leaving Kyungsoo, except Dahyun of course. "Unnie, I must not interfere but, but I think you must apologize." Hyorin looked at her. "Not because of your past, but because you shouted at her in front of us." 

"Misu is right, I think a small talk can make things better between you two." Junmyeon added. 

Hyorin nodded. "I think so." She stood up and went to the kitchen. The scene Hyorin could see was really touching. Siblings hugging each other like their lives depended on it. Kyungsoo was singing something in her ear with closed eyes and the sister cried silently. 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes slowly. "Ah, Hyorin?" 

"I wanted to talk with Kyungwan, alone." 

"Ok, ok." Kyungsoo wiped his eyes. "Don't fight, ok?" He left them alone. 

"Kyungwan, I'm so-" 

"I was only 10 when my father passed away in a house fire. He was a firefighter and the only breadwinner. Since then, oppa took his place. He worked and studied. Mom worked too, but she was sick. Cancer is not simple, is it?" 

Hyorin thought for some seconds. How could she forget? Kyungsoo had lost his father when they started dating. "But, it's not deadly in all cases." 

"She passed away two years ago." Jeongyeon sniffed. "Kyungsoo oppa is my one and only. If I treated you like that, it was because... my oppa has suffered a lot. More than you can imagine. He didn't deserve that breakup when he loved you more than himself. I'm so sorry Hyorin-ssi, I won't talk about past anym

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter