Blue Dragon 🐉

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 – Blue Dragon

Confusion. Uncertainty. Bewilderment.  

She finds herself adjusting her vision to the chaotic view in front of her as she groggily blinks her eyes several times. Finding several dead corpses on the ground was probably the first warning sign that ought to make her turn back, however, somehow, just somehow, she finds herself moving forward, moving past the dead bodies with ease, with the help of her long limbs and tall stature.

The air was hazy, and she figured it was due to the fire engulfing the building in front of her. Upon taking a closer look, she is puzzled to see the building in question being the country’s royal palace that she has visited a few times before.

She sprints forward and opens the half-burnt door hurriedly, without a specific aim or goal. Her eyes frantically searching the vast palace for something or someone, she isn’t sure herself until she sees a figure in front of her, wielding a long bloodied sword. She steps closer and realizes that the figure, though slightly shorter than her, had a high black ponytail, a military-like posture and was interestingly dressed in a big blue robe. She mentally counts the number of dragon emblems decorating the robe just to be sure before she sees the said figure turning around to yell at her.

“What are you doing here? I told you to stay somewhere safe, somewhere no one can hurt you! You are not safe here!”

She takes this opportunity to make out the features of the figure in front of her but the effort seems to be futile. It must be the smoke that’s clouding her vision, she thinks. Amidst the chaotic mess of the smoky air and burning debris falling onto the ground every now and then, she suddenly feels a pair of hands lifting her body up easily and carrying her out of the palace. She tries to object and resist but the person carrying her was insistent and she eventually caves in.

“Don’t come for me anymore, Jimin.”

She hears a low voice in her ear, and she realizes how it sounds stern yet gentle at the same time.

“But I love you.”

“No, Jimin. Wake up.”

“I won’t let you go.”

“Lady Jimin, wake up.”

“No, this isn’t how it’s supposed to end! Wait, Lady Jimin?”

Jimin opens her eyes abruptly and jolts up from her bed as her long time servant, Madam Baram warmly smiles at her with a worried look, gently patting her back.

“Are you alright? Seems to be quite a nightmare.”

“Yeah, feels quite real actually.”

Jimin blinks several times as she takes in the view in front of her. Surely enough, she was still in her bedroom, and that was all just a bad nightmare. The sweat dripping down her back reminds her that this is reality.

“Well, the exam’s today, are you ready, my lady?”

Jimin nods. She quickly stands up and heads into the bathroom. She sits in the bath contemplating on the significance of the nightmare, if it even meant anything at all. She closes her eyes in hopes of remembering the details of the said nightmare but all she can remember is the figure in the blue robe. Jimin sighs and shakes her head, noting that it was probably due to the stress from cramming so much information about the country’s history into her head.

The royal palace announced the peculiar exam just over a month ago, specifically looking for three high achieving female scholars to be brought into the palace to tutor a number of the newly hired female officials. The country was already rapidly progressing by taking in female officials but this latest announcement in particular, sent the whole kingdom into a frenzy as this is not only a golden opportunity to be in the royal palace, but for most single ladies, it is also a chance to spend much coveted time with the handsome Crown Prince, whom will be supervising the exam himself.

Unlike most, if not all of her classmates, Jimin remains unfazed by the Crown Prince, having seen him several times now, her intention solely focused on getting a good record on her academic achievements. Though unnecessary with her being a noble lady, having a guaranteed life of comfort without doing anything really, Jimin hates how her future is reduced to nothing more than being an obedient wife of some rich nobleman.

Jimin sighs heavily at the thought, getting this opportunity will probably make her father see her in a different light. As much as she liked being his beloved only daughter, she detests the fact that her father sees no purpose for her to pursue a higher education. Which is precisely why Jimin studied so, so hard for the exam, wanting to prove a point to her father that she will not just be a nobleman’s trophy wife. She will be so much more than that.

∞∞∞

Jimin takes a deep breath at the sight of the royal palace. Just hours ago, she had an image of this building on fire and she internally hopes that it isn’t a bad sign. She dismisses the thought and gestures to her servants to leave.

“Thank you for accompanying me.”

“Our pleasure, Lady Jimin. Good luck on the exam.”

Madam Baram and the other servants quietly take their leave and Jimin is about to put her bags onto the designated space when she hears a loud voice and a big hug engulfing her from the back. Oh no, it is the arrival of the world’s happiest person.

“Ah, what a wonderful day it is! How wonderful it is to see you again, my best friend in the whole wide world!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter