cusp.

the first thing you see
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi has gone more clingy these days, Irene thinks as it's the nth time that day when the younger girl asked her to come along with her somewhere around the campus. In the library, the park, the clinic, and even to her class instead of messaging her to just say, "Can you come with us later to the pizza place? You can tag along with Jennie and Soo unnie if you like."

 

She doesn't usually get asked to come with them on food trips with Seulgi's new circle of friends along with Taeyong, that's making her feel hesitant but that damn bear-like face of Seulgi automatically brings out the word "of course I'd like to come." out of without any restrain.

 

But on the other hand, she likes it too. Oh to be constantly close to Seulgi again feels like heaven, the feelings of flying butterflies or even dragons on her stomach still so fresh whenever she's with her like it was just yesterday when she first realized she had fallen for the young girl. 

 

 




 

Their laughter and different random chats filled the whole place, giving no care to the other customers peacefully eating their slices of pizza. They were about 15 in number, Taeyong bringing along his best pals and their girlfriends who also became Seulgi's friends, then Irene, Jennie, and Sooyoung easily belonging into the crowd, laughing along to Ten's joke about how he would have completely accepted it if Taeyong and Jaehyun decided to announce everyone of their relationship when the two spent the whole day with each other on the past Valentine's day, Jaehyun giving Taeyong a rose but turned out that the rose was for Seulgi, together with asking her out. It brought blushes to the two men but it doesn't deem impossible anyway for the two to get together because of how undeniably close they are since high school and are very comfortable around each other.

 

All of that was happening while Irene was at the last seat at the long table, by the window, keeping herself busy with her phone. And that still wasn’t unnoticed by Seulgi even if her seat was far away from hers, next to Taeyong. Seulgi might have thought the older woman wasn’t having a good time if not for her smiling at her phone while typing every now and then. And the younger couldn’t help but be bothered with it. She didn’t like it. 

 

Is she dating someone now or what?

 

She tried to shoo the idea away. She doesn’t have to be bothered if Irene’s happy with someone she doesn’t know in particular, right? 

 

How can Irene not smile when feeling all excited and giddy to be invited to witness a court hearing by the one and only Ji-in. Since the celebration and getting to know Song Ji-in, the two have been exchanging messages, mainly things about the aspired career of Irene, where Ji-in would be helping her in her utmost effort in every question the younger had. She was like a mentor, but Irene being gay who likes pretty things, admits that Ji-in was sure an attractive woman. And she appreciates how the older seems to like her too, seeming interested and enthusiastic in their small talks.

 

 

Ji-in unnie: I’ll pick you up tomorrow in the morning at 10?

 

 

And the effort. She admires how Ji-in brings a figure of maturity and sophistication even in the smallest details but was still polite, still gentle. The question of why Seulgi wasn’t fond of her was already pushed away at the very back of her mind, her thoughts only clouded with how nice Ji-in was to her.

 

“Looks like someone’s in love!” Mark shouts, turning to Irene. He caught everyone’s attention and made them watch the latter type something at her phone until she realizes there was silence occupying their table. Lifting her head, they were all looking at her, faces playful and suggestive.

 

She raises her brows, pointing her finger at herself questioningly. “Me?”

 

And they all nod at the same time.

 

“We all just realized you were being occupied there. Who’s the lucky person, noona? Let me see!” 

 

There was no more time for her to protect her phone as it was quickly snatched away by another boy from her hands.

 

“Song Ji-in? I haven’t heard that name before. Is she from another university?” Mark scrolls only within the recent messages and announces to everyone.

 

Seulgi only paid more attention to the mention of that name and she doesn't really know what to feel about it. But in her innermost depths, she felt bitter. And even more bothered than she already was while Irene was busy texting. More bothering is that it was her step-sister that she admittedly hates and made her subconsciously be possessive of Irene.

 

“And you’ve got a date! Wow, I didn’t know you were already dating someone, noona."

 

The younger woman was about to speak up and open , try to object and tell the boys that what they did was disrespectful, and to mind their own business, but Irene beats her to it in the way she least expected.

 

"I just like her! We're not dating!" 

 

And just like a singing choir, they all said "Ooooohhh" at the same time once again.

 

Except for Seulgi's eyes directed to her friend, Irene. Irene who declared something that Seulgi admits she didn't want to hear. Although she's seen it coming, Irene finally coming across her someone, but why in the world was that someone turned out to be her stepsister? Of all the people, why someone she completely has doubts about.

 

 

Like a broken record in her mind, she found herself being completely against the idea of Irene with Ji-in. or anyone(She just have to realize it sooner too).


 

The information was also new to Sooyoung and Jennie that made them more intrigued. Even delighted that their friend has liked someone else already. They will have some serious interrogation to settle later on with Irene after this.

 

"But that's where dating starts noona! By liking them at first!" He teases further, together with everybody else at the table. "But good luck on your date tomorrow. Tell her about your feelings soon! Give us updates about it!" 

 

This man has seriously got some great energy in him, I admit. But can he please just give me back my phone?

 

"Silly, stop being so nosy. She's got her own private life, people." Jennie defends her. "She should only tell this to her close frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter