woe.

the first thing you see
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The news instantly broke out that Seulgi and Taeyong became a couple too on the first day of their 2nd year due to the guy's fame and the question of the people how he came across someone like Seulgi. The reactions were a mixture of mostly positive still.

 

To Seulgi, it was the best days of her life. A charming boy whose past was alike with hers, was letting her experience the wonders of the so-called “love” in a relationship. All the things, the feelings she read on books, were at last coming to life. Since then, Taeyong was always the first thing she saw. By the bus stop, their common classes, by the corridor, and in any place they’d frequent.

 

But to Irene, not quite. Still, she remained supportive and nonchalant but trying to stay by Seulgi’s side was getting harder each day. It was good that she was mature enough to keep her emotions at bay every time the younger girl would gush about her “first” boyfriend, their first kiss, their dates, the simple things Taeyong does that she says they make her fall in love with him more, or worst, when she’s being the third-wheel of the couple. 

 

Speaking of third-wheel, there was a particular time that she felt like giving up, the most hurt she ever felt.

 

It was when Seulgi “unintentionally” used her for the benefit of her and Taeyong.

 

 


 

It was Saturday, meaning Taeyong and Seulgi will be going on their usual saturdate, and Irene just usually sleeps in after studying till four am in the morning so she was sprawled out in her sheets with books around her when her phone rings. She at first waited until she missed the calls but one came after another, then another, she begrudgingly picked up the phone call to bring an end to the loud ringtone of her phone. 

 

“Hello? Do tell me who the you are to dare bother my sleep? Please answer immediately.” Irene’s eyes were still closed, her voice croaky and yes, she is damn mad first thing after waking up from her peaceful slumber.

 

“Oh, unnie? I’m sorry to bother you but uhm, we’re kinda close to getting in trouble.” Huh, whose voice is this again?  She can't tell yet but it immediately calms her fuming head.

 

“Tae and I were just strolling in the mall when my parents showed up and god, that look in their faces, I just knew it. So I told them that you’re just running late, so uhh..” Oh, Seulgi.

 

“Seulgi?”

 

“Yeah? We kinda need you here, unnie. They said we should join them for lunch and I’m currently outside the restaurant. I’m just waiting for you.”

 

“Wait, what??"





 

As soon as she arrived, with her hair still wet, she saw a very uncomfortable-looking Taeyong seated in front of Seulgi’s parents. And Seulgi finally releases a deep breath when she catches sight of her.

 

Mr.Kang stood up from his seat and greeted her warmly with a hug like he always does whenever they meet. “Irene Bae! So nice to see you here. I don't remember you telling us you had a boyfriend before but well, I’m glad he seems nice. Although I thought he was a mime at first.” He whispered the last thing he said, joined with a stiff chuckle before going back to his seat.

 

Hold on a sec, boyfriend?!

 

She doesn’t particularly know what to say, and so Seulgi saves her for it. 

 

“Oh, dad, they just started dating a few weeks ago.” A few weeks ago? 

 

Seulgi elbows Irene, getting the message and Irene just tries to smile at the younger girl’s father. “Heh.”

 

“Ohh, I see. Take a seat then, child. We haven’t seen you for a while.” 

 

“Actually, can I excuse myself to the restroom first? I have to freshen up a bit.” She gives Seulgi an eye before walking off. “I think I’ll freshen up too. Excuse me.” 


 

 

“Now why didn’t you tell me about this firsthand? You just said in the call that I’m running late and I have to go here, but you said nothing about being Taeyong’s fake girlfriend. I didn’t think I'd be doing some bull roleplaying today but ugh, can you please explain yourself first?” The brunette massages her temples, trying to calm herself down. 

 

“I’m really sorry, unnie but I thought you wouldn’t agree to come if I told you about that too. But listen, my parents are really strict when it comes to this kind of thing. They have so much power over me and they can end things for me, unnie. Please do this for me? Just this time.” 

 

Oh hell, I’d do anything for you but why this? Irene asks in her mind.

 

“You promise this will be the last time?”

 

“Yup. I promise.” (Though trust me, it wasn't the last time. Poor Irene.) Well at least she got to see Seulgi loosen up her nerves at their agreement.


 

And at least Seulgi’s parents were there to divert her attention with their questions and random stories from Seulgi and Taeyong’s joined hands under the table. How she wished she could turn back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter