Beautiful Nightmare

When Dreams Come
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Frankie

 

I wake up drenched in sweat. 

What in the world? How did I get here? I sit up too fast and my head starts pounding.

"Oh my God." I grab my head, close my eyes and take some deep breaths. I hear water and I slowly open them again.

I look around and remember where I am. I jump up when I realize I am back in my time.

"What in the world?" 

I look down and see my crossover bag and camera lying on the ground.

I snatch them up and run out of there like a bat out of hell.

I don't stop running until I am out of the gate into the courtyard near the main road.

I see Chloe and my group about to board the bus.

"Hey Frankie!" You are about to get left girl get your tail over here! She laughs.

I take off running even faster the closer I get to the bus the more relieved I feel.

I have no idea what happened in that garden, nor do I care!

I am just do grateful to be back in the twenty-first century with running water, electricity, indoor plumbing, toilets that flush and WI-FI.

I am so geeked I do not know what to do with myself!

The closer I get I keep thinking if I can just make it on the bus everything will be fine.

My legs start to feel heavy, the heavier they feel the faster I run.

I look up and the bus keeps getting further and further away!

"NO!" I scream hysterically panic clawing at my throat. 

I see Chloe and she is smiling waving me over I scream for her.

"Chloe! Chloe! please help me! My legs won't let me run anymore!"

"Don't let me miss the bus please!" I yell hysterically beginning to cry.

Suddenly the bus is right in front of me but the driver is closing the door.

"NO!!" 

I try with all my might to get to it but my legs won't move anymore.

I hold up my arm waving it from side to side to get the driver's attention.

"Wait I'm coming please don't leave without me!" I scream frantically.

The bus pulls off and I hear a blood curdling scream and realize it came from me!

I am now alone in the courtyard of the ancient palace and I see a crowd of court women rushing towards me looking like they want to scratch my eyes out.

I cover my face with my arm as they begin their attack.

I scream as I feel their hands all over grabbing and shaking me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter