fin.

half.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the greek mythology is hands down one of the most known mythologies and legends in the world. with zeus holding the lightning bolt in his hands; poseidon with his trident and hades with the underworld. according to the greeks, zeus once created humans with 4 arms, 4 legs and 2 heads stuck with each other. however, fearing the power that these humans can hold, zeus split them apart; forever condemning them into finding their other half in this too wide of a world. 

 

brutal, huh? well nothing’s really not brutal in this world. but one thing on my mind, will there really come a time that we find our other half?

 

“kim minjeong!”, i snapped out of my trance and was greeted with aeri’s annoyed face. “what do you want, uchinaga aeri? i already did your essays last week!”, i glared at the foreigner. aeri rolled her eyes at me before bringing out a letter of some sort. “what’s that?”, i asked her. “you know for someone who’s incredibly smart, you’re dumb.”, she tucked the letter in my hand. “read it, so you’ll know what it is, .”

 

i looked at her in disbelief before opening the letter in my hand. 

 

dear aeri,

 

i am yu jimin. a literature major. i wanted to say through this letter the things that i cannot say in real life. may this letter be the bridge that i can cross on my way to you.

 

i gagged in disgust as i read how cheesy the lines were. i felt aeri glaring at me from my side as i continued to gag at this reason of disgust disguised as a letter. 

 

i have always admired you from afar, aeri. how you laugh, how you frown, and how your eyes turn into a tiny ball of fire as you glare at your best friend. 

 

best friend. was that supposed to be me?

 

call me creepy, but i find every little thing about you interesting. at first i had no intention on getting to know you nor even introducing myself to you. but as time went on, i realized something. there was time; and according to Tolkein’sThe Fellowship of the Ring, “all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” and so here i am. i am taking my chances, aeri. and i hope you reply. 

 

yours,

yu jimin.

 

i squinted my eyes as i slowly gave aeri the letter back. “so, what do i have to do with that?”, i awkwardly asked and there aeri looked at me in the eye with a look that i know well. all too well. “no.” 

 

“please, minjeong?”, aeri tried to catch up with me as i sped walk my way through the halls. “minjeong just one letter please.”, i continued to ignore her as i walked even faster. “pink pringles for a month!”, i stopped in my tracks as i looked back at aeri with a mischievous smirk on my face. “that’s what i wanna hear, best friend!”, i giggled as i ran my way back to aeri who was glaring at me yet again. “but just one letter.”, i clarified. “fine.”

 

-

 

“so how do i reply? do i tell her i like mintchoco or what?”, i stopped walking as i rolled my eyes at aeri. “leave it to me. my ears hurt just by hearing you talk.”

 

“so first, you have to reply to the book reference, aeri. that trick can mostly attract literature majors in a heartbeat, especially that this yu genie-”

 

“yu jimin.”

 

“okay fine, this yu jimin already has the hots for you.”


 

hi, jimin. it’s aeri. quoting from Tolkein huh, i’m guessing that you’re into his works these days. well figured, his works are indeed masterpieces. but i'm mostly a harry potter girl, so maybe quote from Rowling in the future, haha kidding. i want to thank you for writing me that letter, it warmed my heart, really. i never really got letters from my admirers before. they mostly introduced themselves to me face to face and well, they were douchebags. so this is a great first. :)

 

Aeri.


 

“wait, wait. that’s it? no ‘do you fancy a date tomorrow night’ or a ‘hang out at the garden later’ kind of stuff?”, aeri bombarded me with questions after she read the letter i made. “yeah sure include that if you wanna scare the outta her, aeri.”, i rolled my eyes. “she wrote you a letter instead of approaching you in person for a reason, aeri. use your brain please, or if not, just sell it on ebay.”

 

-

 

“she replied, minjeong!”, aeri held out a letter to my face as she displayed that annoying grin on her face. i scoffed lightly before taking the letter from her hands. 

 

hi, aeri. thank you so much for replying, it means a lot to me. with this letter as a good first for the both of us, i hope that i can be different from those douchebags that you’ve mentioned. frankly speaking, i first saw you on your way to campus. With airpods plugged in your ears and iced coffee sitting on your hand, you walked with such class and elegance that you captivated me in an instant. how your blonde locks flowed freely as it conversed with the wind, it was such a sight.

 

“blonde locks? why do i not remember you having blonde hair?”, i asked aeri in confusion. “ah, it - it was the time that you went home for holidays, yeah! i dyed my hair and dyed it back to black before the break ended.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter