I Forbid You

Demon King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There's a frame in Hyukjae's bedroom. It's a family picture. A man. A woman. A small boy with little teeth. Bright pink gums.

"Hey, kid. School time."

Donghae has to wake him. The boy just can't wake up earlier. It's harder since it's Monday.

Hyukjae's been late everyday. To school. To work. He can't speed himself up either. Hyukjae will just yawn around the apartment. Move at snail's pace.

The boy dresses. Gathers his books. Doesn't even open his old noisy fridge.

"Okay... I'm ready..." Hyukjae mumbles. Stands at the door for Donghae.

"Aren't you going to tie your shoes?"

Hyukjae makes a plaintive sound. Pouts at his laces. Then goes out the door anyway.

Donghae follows behind.

 

---

 

Hyukjae's slow. They take too long walking to school. Seems the twig... maybe just needs those extra minutes of sleep. And the rest he gets on the bus.

The boy's lips pout the whole way. His laces hit his shoes. The ground. When they're two minutes from his school... Hyukjae stops. Turns to Donghae.

"Please come pick me up at the same time?"

Donghae doesn't need to be told. He nods. Grunts.

"Thanks!"

"Hey."

"Yeah?"

"Wait."

Donghae curses inwardly. Crouches down. He can't stand it. He ties Hyukjae's dirty shoelaces. Stands back up. Wipes his fingers on his shirt.

Hyukjae is staring at him. His lips are parted.

"Bye," Donghae mutters. Turns. Shoves his hands in his pockets.

"Bye!" Hyukjae calls. Cheerfully. "Thank you!"

Donghae lowers his head. Some kids have looked at him. They're also late. Rushing past. Getting off the bus.

He hasn't used his powers. There's nothing to use them for. But for the first time... he lets himself hear. Read. The surrounding people...

And he's surprised.

They think he's... Hyukjae's older cousin's friend... who's looking after Hyukjae for him?

Heechul...?

There's also pity. Not from one person, either. It's just the general feeling. Towards Hyukjae. In those who noticed him here.

 

---

 

"If I had permission from this... kid I'm taking care of, I would've come down there and given all your imps to Kyuhyun."

"I wouldn't like that," Yesung says.

"Exactly the point!" Donghae says. "Why aren't you guys coming to tell me anything? I'm suffering over here! I told Kyuhyun to find me a place and to get me money and--"

"Oh, really? Here."

Yesung takes out cash. An envelope. Keys. He holds them out.

"What the ?" Donghae snatches them all. "Why did you need me to summon you here for you to give this to me? You have no limits on your powers like me!"

"Well... Kyuhyun gave them to me and said to give them to you."

"Why didn't you?"

Yesung's lips are tight. "You left Sungmin in charge. Not Kyuhyun."

Donghae groans.

"You bastards... I spoke to Kyuhyun so he was passing on my... fine. Never ing mind. The piece of couldn't bother reporting back himself either so I'm going to send him to hell."

"He's taken over your chambers."

"Get him out of there!"

 

---

 

Donghae picks Hyukjae up. The boy's quiet again. His lips are pouting. His eyes are on the ground. Donghae hears his stomach grumble. Hyukjae stops by a shop. Longingly stares at it. Then he shakes his head. Starts walking faster. 

He gets home. Throws his books. Runs off. Donghae hears the shower. He sits on the old table. Waits. Hyukjae has a shift at the convenience store. It starts in fifteen minutes.

Hyukjae comes back with a changed shirt. His hair is not dry. But he's looking for socks.

Donghae seethes. For a minute.

"I hate this..." he finally says. Gets up.

"Wha-what? My socks?" Hyukjae says. His one foot's up. The sock has monkeys. The other sock has bunnies.

Donghae just goes to find a towel. He comes to throw it over Hyukjae's head.

"Ready?"

"What?"

Donghae starts rubbing. Vigorously. Hyukjae yells. Tries to pull away. But Donghae doesn't let go. He makes sure enough water's absorbed. Then releases the boy.

Hyukjae falls back on his bum.

"Y-You said you wouldn't hurt me! You can't hurt me! I'm your master!"

"I didn't hurt you. I was helping you."

Hyukjae glowers. He doesn't look... threatening. Donghae takes his arm. Pulls him to his feet.

"You'll be late to work, kid. Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter