Mild Unrest

Demon King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He's a good Heechul. According to Hyukjae: maybe even better than Heechul.

Donghae had to look at a few more pictures. Of the man. To finally get his face right. His body. Heechul's like the twig. But with more healthy fat.

"I have to meet the counsellor and then the principal. I'll tell them I can call you and ask you to come, so then they won't have to contact Heechul. You can drive there, can't you? Okay, so I'll come out to get you and then I'll probably have to leave you speak to them, but basically, just tell them you check up on me regularly and know how I'm doing and that I'm a great kid and show you're responsible and trustworthy and you care about me tons and want me to be happy!"

"Right. Won't be too hard."

Donghae's not worried, really. He walks up the school steps. Hands in his pockets. His suit's navy. His shirt's white. He was going to do red. Because he felt this Heechul would wear red. Or pink. Something flashy.

But Hyukjae said no. It was better to be normal. A little boring. Safe.

He sees Hyukjae waiting. Near the front hall. The boy spots Donghae. Or Heechul. He looks uncertain for a moment. Donghae smiles at him. It makes Hyukjae run to him. Hug his arm.

"Heechul! Thank you for coming on such short notice!" He lowers his voice. "Donghae?"

"Obviously."

"You look great! You know Mrs. Cho, Heechul, and you know Mr. Jeong, the principal."

Donghae nods. Walks with him. Students are in class. So it's quiet. He notices a few glances. From behind class windows.

He's taken to Mrs. Cho's office. Her door is open. She's an old woman. She's squinting through her glasses. At her computer screen.

"Mrs. Cho?" Hyukjae says. Taps the door. "I'm back -- Heechul's here."

The woman turns her chair. Shifts her glasses. Peers at Donghae. Who keeps a serious face. An unhappy face. About being dragged here.

"Ah, yes. Mr. Kim," she says. "Please take a seat. Hyukjae, you go back to class."

"Oh... uh, okay..." 

Donghae turns to him. Gives him an assuring nod. "I'll see you later, Hyukkie. Good luck on that presentation. You studied hard for it so you'll be fine, okay?"

"Oh, yeah, thanks!"

 

----


Donghae waits by the principal's office. Leans against the wall. It's a few minutes to lunch. Donghae has asked to speak to Hyukjae. Before he goes. He told them it's okay if it's at lunch. He doesn't mind waiting. Doesn't want Hyukjae to miss anything. From his lessons.

Mrs. Cho and Mr. Jeong liked that. 

The bell rings. Soon Hyukjae comes running. Down the stairs. His face's worried. Like last time... he approaches hesitantly. His eyes scan him. Donghae smiles. The boy relaxes.

"Hi, Chullie..."

"I wanted to give you some lunch money," Donghae says. Loudly.

Students are coming out of classrooms. Donghae takes a few bills. Hands them Hyukjae.

"Oh... thank you..."

"You're welcome, kid," Donghae says. Makes his voice louder. He ruffles Hyukjae's hair. "Donghae said you're not eating well! You have to be home straight after school and in bed at nine, okay? Study well. Let me know if anyone's giving you trouble. I'll take care of them for you, or my friend Donghae will."

Hyukjae giggles. Awkwardly. Glances around. "There's no trouble..."

"Great. Hope it stays that way. Bye, Hyukkie. I'll see you on the weekend. Don't give Donghae a hard time."

With a glare around... Donghae leaves.

 

---


Too easy, Donghae thinks. Drops into bed. In his place. The school just needed to speak to an adult.

Hyukjae told him to be seen leaving. Driving away. Which makes sense.

He's now wondering... if he should go back. Hang around a close building. Just to be near Hyukjae.

He doesn't know why he has to. But Hyukjae didn't say anything today.

"Donghae?"

He sits up. He's surprised by anoth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter