Last.

I'll be here by your side.

Yena sighs as she crumples the paper and throws it away. It had been hours since she started working on this project and so far, there weren’t any progress. She leans back and stares at her ceiling, she was so confident that she would finish this quickly but it had already been 4 or 5 hours since she had started.

Flinching when she hears her phone ringing as well as the doorbell, she picks up her phone first and saw that Chaewon was the one calling. Smiling to herself, she answers the call and puts her phone close to her ear. “Hello?” She answers and waits for Chaewon to reply. “You know, I’d appreciate it if you open your front door.” Yena frowns as she heard Chaewon say in a mocking tone before rushing downstairs to opens her front door.

Chaewon stands in the doorway with her hands on her hips, Yena had never seen Chaewon like this, like she wasn’t interested in Yena or something had happened. “Hey.” Yena smiles warmly, “I was worried.” Chaewon’s cold aura had eventually vanished as she softly says as Yena walks towards her sofa before laying down, Chaewon closes the door and squeezes herself between Yena and small space of the couch. “I’m sorry that I haven’t called you.” Yena tosses her phone on the coffee table before she sighed heavily, “I felt stupid. There's this project I've been working on and god! I haven't made any progress!” Yena rolls her eyes to the back of her head before she sits up and drops her elbows on her knees, “I must’ve spent a good 4 hours or so.” She groans before she hangs her head.

“It’s alright, okay?” Chaewon whispers before she reaches out to cover Yena’s hand with her own before she reassuringly squeezes it. Yena nods, “I’m just tired, I don’t want to think about it but I'll fail this subject if I don't finish it!" Chaewon just looks at her, a glint of worry had flashed before she makes Yena rest her head on her shoulders. “Why don't we just,” Chaewon pauses, thinking of a way to cheer up her girlfriend. “Watch a movie, you know to ease some tense you got there.” Chaewon lightly taps Yena's nose before leaving a short kiss. “Look, you've been pushing yourself way past your limit, and I'm really worried about you.” Chaewon's hold on Yena's hand tightens.

“I understand that you've been through so much this week, or maybe the past few weeks but hear me out, okay?” Chaewon looks at Yena in the eyes, she wanted to make sure that Yena was listening to her, and seeing that Yena's eyes were trained to hers as well she smiles. “Take a break sometimes, I'm aware that you're scared of failing but, don't push yourself so much. We both know how much of an burnouts are, right?” Chaewon jokes and Yena finds herself chuckling at Chaewon's words before nodding. “Besides I heard from Hyewon the project you're working on is due after 2 weeks and that's apparently the only project you haven't passed yet. It wouldn't hurt to take a break right now, alright?” Yena smiled at her as she nodded. She'd really thought that it would be better to take a break but she'd also been making herself work too hard to complete her projects.

“You're right, I kinda feel really tired right now. But can we just talk for a while first?” Chaewon couldn't help but smile and nod at Yena's request. “Of course, anything for you babe.” Yena lets out a sigh and shakes off her nerves before taking a deep breath. “I wasn't lying when I said I was scared of failing, I really don't want to get bad grades in any subject since it'll cause my transcript to be a list of red marks and it'll only make my GPA worse, but at the same time, I'm kind of alright with my grades right now.” Yena admits before slouching. Yena had grown accustomed to this sort of lifestyle, always having to pass projects way before its deadline, always having to join extracurricular activities, always having such high grades, always would been seen studying.

Burnouts were bound to happen, but Yena often brushes that feeling aside as she works on with her projects or studies for an upcoming exam. With exams coming up and projects piling up. Yena struggled to balance everything, and eventually she breaks and all those burnouts that she had tosses away had come rushing in.

Yena will forever be grateful for Chaewon. The younger always knew that something was wrong. The younger always knew when Yena would be at her limit. The younger always knew when to show up. Just like right now. Chaewon had her arms wrapped around Yena, and this feeling makes her feel warm and safe. It makes her quiet apartment feel even more homey. “Do you want to order some chicken and pizza?” Chaewon suggests before grabbing Yena's phone to order. “I'll pay, don't worry.” Chaewon winks and this gesture made Yena let out a chuckle. “Your words, not mine. Don't use it against me alright?” Yena kisses the side of Chaewon's head before snuggling even closer.

After Chaewon had finished ordering she puts Yena's phone down before focusing the TV screen. “Is there a movie you want to watch?” Yena looks up to face Chaewon who shrugged. “As of right now, no. I'm fine with any movie.” Chaewon leans on the couch as she pulls Yena even closer. Yena pouts as she continues to navigate, trying to see if there was a movie both of them would be interested in.

It had already been a solid 10 minutes since they both had looked for a movie and seeing that there wasn't any that caught their attention both sighed. “Let's just watch a series, yeah?” Chaewon grabs the remote before looking for a series. “What about this-” Chaewon's sentence was cut off when the sound knocking was heard. “Must be the food, I'll get it, just look for a series to watch.” Yena stands up and lets Chaewon pick the series.

15 minutes had passed and both Chaewon and Yena were now watching a series. “What's the title of the series? And what is it about?” Yena placed down a plate in front of them before settling back in Chaewon's arms. “It's Anne with an E, and uh I don't know what it’s about so there's that.” Chaewon admits before grabbing a slice of pizza.

“A blind reaction I suppose?” Yena jokes before taking a bite out of the chicken. “Hey, Yen.” Although Chaewon had mentioned her name, Chaewon’s eyes were focused on the series. “What is it, Chaewonie?” Yena coos and this makes Chaewon laugh a bit. “If something happens, just know that I'll be here by your side, yeah? I'll always be here to listen to you.”

“I know.” Yena smiles and nuzzles against Chaewon's hair. “I know I've said this a lot now, but I'm glad to know you feel the same way.” Yena pulls Chaewon closer and the younger curls into Yena's hold as the pair continue to watch the series. Yena silently thanks Chaewon for just being there, because no matter how much hours she spends just by studying, no matter how many projects she completes, she takes comfort that there is still one person who will always be there for her.

And Chaewon doesn't mind being that person, she felt happy to be that person. And despite the mistakes and failure, it was worth it because Yena was always there to keep her on her feet, to keep her from falling down.