Our last

Paper Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oy Chaewon! Look at your wedding cake!" Hyewon, Chaewon's cousin excitedly runs to the latter. Tomorrow is finally the day and it's making Chaewon more nervous than ever. 

 

Chaewon didn't pay any attention to Hyewon as she spaces out while watching the busy streets of Seoul from below the high building. She sighed heavily when she felt a pair of rough hands forcing her to face the person behind her. Chaewon was taken out of trance when Hyewon pulled her ear causing her to wince in pain. 

 

"Ah ouch stop it head." With a stank face, Chaewon kicks her cousin's leg after she is dragged to the venue.

 

"Kim Chaewon. Kang Hyewon." Chaewon's father said in an authorative tone that. They both bow as a sign of respect. Respect that is slowly fading away for Chaewon. He raises his other eyebrow, eyeing his daughter from head to toe. "Where is your fiancé?" He asks. Chaewon didn't know what to answer her father. Should she say that Minju was out with the love of her life?

 

 Should she tell the ugly truth that Minju was cheating on her? Chaewon didn't answer even when Hyewon nudged her side. She just looked at anything but her father's piercing gaze 

 

"Isn't she your fiancé? Then you, of all people should know where Minju is." 

 

"I—she said she'll be passing by her parents' house before coming here. They should be here anytime soon." Chaewon tried to make an alibi, praying to all gods that her dear father will believe her. 

 

"Her parents are in the lobby already without her." He roughly says before stepping closer to Chaewon. 

 

"Don't you dare lie to me." Chaewon could only gulp in fear. She'd rather lie than letting him know about Minju's rendezvous with Yujin. 

 

"Oh would you look at that uncle! Grandma is already here!" Hyewon butts in as she tries to stop the building tension between the two Kims. Wonjin then fixes his tie and turns his back on them. 

 

"Still a disappointment as always." He says before walking away. 

 

A disappointment to the family. Right. She's nothing but a disappointment to her family. 

 

"Don't mind him." Hyewon says while crossing her arms. "If anyone's a disappointment here then it's him. Did he forget that he has tons of mistresses?" Chaewon lightly laughs at what her cousin said. Hyewon might be annoying at times but Chaewon can't deny that she's thankful she has Hyewon as her cousin. They laugh for a while before Chaewon asks a question. 

 

"Are there any shoots for Minju today?" Although Chaewon already has an idea of Minju's whereabouts, she's still hoping for that tiny chance that Minju was just busy with her work as a model. Hyewon, who happens to be a photographer at Minju's recent magazine shoot, checks her phone as she looks through her schedule. 

 

"As far as I know Minju's shoot wrapped up 3 days ago." Chaewon heavily sighs. Her thoughts were right all along. 

 

"However, you can try asking Wonyoung. She might know where Minju is." Hyewon wiggles her brows up and down with a playful smirk. 

 

"I'd rather go find her myself." 

 

 

Gwangju, 2:00 pm 

 

Today

 

Today's the day before her wedding.

 

And here she is, inside a car on her way to somewhere far away instead of being at her wedding venue, helping with the finishing touches of her own wedding . Yujin is all she wanted. Yujin was her constant. Her constant happiness that was taken away from her and now all Minju wanted was to be with Yujin. To feel happiness once again. 

 

Yujin kept her eyes on the road as she drove with Minju beside her at the shotgun seat. 

 

The younger chuckles softly as she glances at Minju. "Are you tired?" Minju rolls her eyes at the younger's quest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter