02. A

Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02.

"How do you want me, Heewon?"

note: i hope i did well but i'm not entirely sure hehe oh
and maybe i missed some grammar errors forgive meEEE 
 

 

Baekhyun took off his backpack and placed it by his legs. Heewon watched with keen interest as he ped the bag and fished out a transparent file. There was a thin pile of papers inside. She had totally underestimated the website. Baekhyun placed one of those papers before her with an impeccable smile, very corporate. But he was handsome. The way he handled business was handsome. There was a slot for her sign underneath all the conditions and Heewon signed away her name.

 

“Hey, you didn’t read.”

 

Heewon looked up at his face. He had a mole in the corner of his lips. “I don’t need to,” she said. Baekhyun stared at the confidence in her eyes and chuckled.

 

“I find it necessary to dictate the conditions to you,” Heewon nodded, uninterested but Baekhyun cleared his throat to gain her attention that randomly, constantly, flew out the window from time to time. “You cannot make me do anything that will hurt somebody or even yourself,” he said.

 

“Hm? But isn’t hurting someone else the main point of your website?”

 

Baekhyun’s smile widened, “I was talking about physical pain. Of course, we usually get the call when someone needs to show off to their ex-boyfriend or needs a date to accompany them in their ex’s weddings, and so on. At the end of the day, it is to hurt somebody.”

 

Heewon smirked, “I knew so too. I’m not going to make you kill someone...no matter how much I want to,” the pictures of Sehun and Lisa flashed before her eyes in slow motion and Heewon’s fists gathered for tight punches but then she shook those thoughts off with the fakest smile you could possibly imagine. “What is next?”

 

“You must not use me for any illegal activity.”

 

Heewon laughed. “Nah, you’re far too peaceful for that kind of .”

 

The tight smile on his lips returned. Baekhyun took a deep breath before returning to the paper, “Physical intimacies stop at hugs, cuddles and kisses, unless you have your pass.”

 

“Right. This pass thingy, how do I get my hands on it?” She wiggled her eyebrows at him, smirking at the way he remained calm no matter what and even passed her the smirk back. “You should take your coat off. It’s too warm in here for a coat, no?”

 

Baekhyun pressed his lips back to a very tight smile, “I’m alright. Thank you. The pass is obtainable through some signing of documents and only if you have your service provider’s consent.”

 

Heewon laughed, “Alright. Let’s see where things are headed to. Might need the pass some time in the very near future.”

 

“And my private life stays out of your reach,” Baekhyun ignored her words and continued. “Be aware that if I don’t like the work that you ask me to do, I can say no and you will have to comply.”

 

The man before her intrigued Heewon but she didn’t let that show on her face. She crossed her feet on the rotating chair and hummed. “Do you have Linstagram?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head. “It’s absolutely crucial I keep my identity hidden when I am at work or else this job becomes pointless.”

 

Heewon frowned. “Why? Linstagram’s fun and it’s very juicy too, sometimes. You’re handsome, okay? You’d do great there. Come on, give me your phone,” she stretched her open palm to him but Baekhyun only shook his head again.

 

“I told you I can say no to the stupid stuff you ask me to do,” he clicked his tongue, falling back on her couch. Heewon’s eyes widened at the change of tone. Baekhyun smirked at her reaction. “It’s time for you to decide something, Heewon. It’s the most important decision.”

 

Heewon leaned closer to him, to the man who had successfully kept her attention on him for so long. “What is it?”

 

Baekhyun too, leaned closer to her. Heewon could now see every detail of his face properly. It was tempting enough for her to touch. 

 

“How do you want me, Heewon?”

 

“W-What do you mean?”

 

Baekhyun’s smirk deepened. “It’s like how you want your steak at fancy restaurants.” His playful eyes delved into her curious eyes. She didn’t know why they were whispering all of a sudden but she liked it.

 

“I...still don’t understand. You’re not food.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled. “Let me guess, you don’t want a cute nerd to follow you around the campus, do you?”

 

“I would love that from time to time,” Heewon shrugged, “But no...I don’t want to take care of you.”

 

“Right. You want me to take care of you.”

 

“Yes, someone fairly dominant. I mean, it’s a thin line and you’ve got to be somewhere in between that line. Not too cute, not too hot,” Heewon explained. A strange satisfaction settled in her stomach. This dude really knew his job well. Consumer satisfaction came first to him, just like how it was written on the website.

 

“Hm. Figured. What is our course of action? Give me some objectives.”

 

Heewon tapped her thigh with her fingers, thinking about how to paint the picture for Baekhyun and make it seem like she was an angel. Baekhyun truly stood up to take his coat off while she thought. Her eyes stopped at the tattoo on his elbow. It was like an owl sitting on his skin, digging its eyes on her. Heewon’s brain stopped functioning for the time being and her eyes followed the tattoo as Baekhyun hung his coat on a hanger. 

 

“Heewon?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“What am I supposed to do?”

 

The girl opened to say something, “Uh, I was thinking...um...w-where did you get that tattoo done--I mean, uh...actually…” Heewon grabbed his arm and pulled him towards herself. “It’s beautiful,” she mumbled, touching the design.

 

“Ahem,” Baekhyun cleared his throat, startling her with the deep sound. Heewon met his eyes that asked her to let him go but that only fueled her stubbornness. She pulled him further towards herself. 

 

“I know you’re paying me but let’s discuss what to do first,” Baekhyun brought his finger to her face, “Heewon.” And he called her like he had known her for a thousand years and as if they were in love. Gently, he moved her bangs from her eyes. 

 

“Don’t get distracted.” Suddenly his voice had a change of tone. Baekhyun used the same finger to flick her forehead and man,did it hurt. Heewon cursed at him under her breath and Baekhyun continued, “We only have six months.”

 

“Fine.” She grumbled before getting off her chair. “Sit down,” she made sure to roughly push him back to his seat on the couch. “It’s a long story.”

 

He nodded. “I’m going to listen to you because it’s my job.”

 

“You don’t have to say that.” Baekhyun only laughed at her flustered reply. “Anyways, if you feel emotional during my explanation, here’s some tissue.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Something tells me that you are the one who’s going to need the tissues.”

 

Heewon stood before him, in her strawberry pajamas, gathering the story in her head and adding some extra details that will most probably stir Baekhyun’s heart because really, her story was bleh. Heewon knew she was just boiling with vengeance.

 

“So...there is me. And there is Lisa,” she began. “We are best friends and well, I thought so. At least, she was always a best friend to me from my side and still now, I don’t wish her anything but well--”

 

“Hahaha, okay,” Baekhyun injected himself with a fake laugh. 

 

Heewon sighed, “Stop interrupting me.”

 

“I’m very allergic to lies,” he smiled and shrugged. “And so?”

 

She took a deep breath, yearning to go back to the mood she was in before Baekhyun decided to interrupt. “But she stole my boyfriend from me, Baekhyun!” She burst into tears which took Baekhyun by surprise. He wasn’t aware he was signing up for such an ordeal when he knocked on her door. “She took Sehun from me...and I even lost twenty followers on my Linstagram--”

 

“Is that what this is about? Linstagram?”

 

“No!” Heewon yelled at him, shutting him up. “Don’t make assumptions. I was just saying that...that I loved him...and I never imagined my best friend would backstab me like that. I swear on my Linstagram account that I am in a huge pain at the moment even though I might not sound like it. I’m not lying. I cried so much when he left...he left just like that and I haven’t heard from him since.”

 

“Ah,” Baekhyun nodded, as if he understood. “So, you are burning in the fire of revenge.”

 

“I am, yes. If I don’t quench my thirst for vengeance, I will become ash,” she suddenly knelt before him and held his beautiful warm hands. “Baekhyun, you have to help me.”

 

“Uh, yes. That’s why I’m here,” he took a deep breath, finally showing her a little affection. He patted her hand. “Uff, you got awfully long nails.”

 

“I’ll cut them right off if you ask me to, sensei,” Heewon clutched his hand tighter. Baekhyun laughed at the nickname before bringing a hand to pat her head. She grinned up at him like a little kitten who was proud of herself. “Now, we have to make our first meeting absolutely coincidental and impeccable,” she continued. 

 

“I have the perfect idea for it, Baekhyun.”

 

 

 

 

Yun found his friend crouched in front of the locker with her phone in her hand. She was trying to find something in her phone, searching for something important with a concerned face. He walked towards her and copied her position right beside her. 

 

“What are you--”

 

Sua fell -first on the floor with a gasp. “Bro, I’m ing worried about Heewon,” she said, standing back on her feet. “She hasn’t posted in two weeks and I haven’t seen her on campus either.”

 

Yun rolled his eyes, “If you paid that amount of attention to calculus, maybe you wouldn’t need ten different tutors at home.”

 

“But…” she sighed, her eyes drooping on the ends. “But Sehun is dating Lisa now. I bet she is so hurt. Maybe we should visit her dorm room?”

 

“Sua, can you be honest for once?” Yun suddenly remembered what he was going to ask her, what he had planned to ask her. Sua glanced at him for a second before diving back into her phone. Annoyed, Yun snatched the device out of her hand.

 

“It was you, right? You stole Lisa’s notes and put chewing gum on her hair. I know so do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter