Chapter 4

Love Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time she arrived at school when the week began, the entire student body had seemed to have heard of her new relationship.

Whisperings and stares filled the hallway as she walked in with Jimin, and she was glad that he was there with her - she hated when people stared, and even more when she was the centre of attention.

“Don’t you know it’s rude to stare?” Jimin scolded loudly as he placed a protective arm on her shoulder, and the students scurried away to their lockers. “Don’t mind them, they’re just being annoying.” Jihyun nodded, but a sickening feeling still pooled in her gut.

The uncalled attention was not what she had expected, but then again, she was dating the school’s most popular heartthrob.

She had briefly told Jimin what had happened between her and Taehyung, so when they entered the class, Jimin shot his best friend an apologetic look as they sat on the other side of the classroom instead of their usual spot near Taehyung.

I’ll talk to her - Jimin

Sending a text to Taehyung and pocketing his phone before Jihyun could see, he saw Taehyung nod his head towards him with a tight smile before turning to his front. Sighing, he looked at Jihyun who didn’t seem like she was in the best mood either. Whether it was from today morning’s incident or because of Taehyung, he felt bad for her.

She was glad that Jimin was in all of her classes, and she stuck by the boy the entire day. Apart from lunch when she had met the rest of the boys, she still avoided Taehyung like the plague and sat between Jimin and Jungkook, silently eating.

Jungkook had noticed her silent demeanour, and he instantly knew what was the reason for it. Jimin had given him a heads up earlier, and he felt guilty that the girl was partly upset because of their new relationship.

And that was how he ended up standing outside of her class at 3pm, waiting for her to come out. He hadn’t thought of what the other students might say if they had seen him there, heck, Jeon Jungkook was free-spirited and uncaring of other peoples’ judgments. All that mattered to him was putting a smile on Kim Jihyun’s face again on Valentines’ Day.

“Jungkook?” Jimin said curiously when he saw the younger standing outside of his class. Jihyun came soon after and peered at him in confusion, “What are you doing here?”

“Did you forget what today was?” He asked with a bunny smile, and Jihyun looked confused, “What?”

“It’s Valentine’s day!” He exclaimed and Jihyun widened her eyes when he presented a small bouquet of flowers to her. Jimin cooed at the sight, “You two are too cute!”

“Shucks, I totally forgot.” Jihyun said guiltily. The happenings of the day had distracted her from all the love letters and chocolates being exchanged among couples and people who were confessing their love, and Jihyun wasn’t exactly in the mood for celebrating considering the situation she was in.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got it all planned out.” Jungkook said confidently as he took her hands in his.

“We’re going on a date.” He said loudly as he held onto her hands while she tried to cover her face which was turning red from embarrassment. “What?” She whispered harshly, conscious of all the stares from the crowd as Jungkook held up her hands.

“Does anyone have any issues with us dating?” Jungkook called out into the crowded hallway, and everyone fell silent as they turned to him, shaking their heads.

“Good, so spread the word to stop staring and whispering at us as if we’re doing something wrong.” He scolded loudly, hoping that was enough for the students to mind their own business.

Turning to Jihyun with a sweet smile, he continued, “Let’s go.” He said as he tugged her hand, pulling her out of the school as she continued staring at him with a bewildered expression.

“It can’t be real…” Taehyung murmured to himself as he watched the couple heading out.

“What’s not real?” Chaeyoung asked curiously as Taehyung jumped back in shock, the duo had already left his sight.

“N-nothing. Let’s go.” He sighed, heading to his next class as Chaeyoung stared at him with a confused look.

--

“How did you know that I’ve always wanted to visit?!” Jihyun said excitedly when they arrived in front of the bakery shop that she’d been wanting to come for the longest time, but the drive was always, in her brothers’ and Jimin’s words - “Too far because it takes 45 minutes and it’s just bread.”

“Jimin may have told me about the number of times you have whined to him about this bakery shop which he refuses to go to because it’s too far.” Jungkook chuckled. He knew it was far from the truth, because he had gone to the lengths of asking Jimin to list down all the places which Jihyun had wanted to go.

“Noah’s Bakery is definitely the top choice for the places she wants to go to. Ji’s been bugging me for weeks and I just don’t see the point because it’s just bread and it takes 45 minutes to get there! It’s 45 minutes too far, the bakery in our neighbourhood is just fine!” Jimin huffs, but Jungkook mentally takes note as he searches it up on the internet. Bingo.

Pushing the entrance doors excitedly, she enters the bakery to the waft of freshly baked bread and the sweet smell of pastries.

To her, it wasn’t just bread.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter