Chapter 6: The Baby Boy and his Chaperone

Taste of Love [For Revision]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu’s POV

 

“How’s school, sweetie?”

 

I stopped munching my food and looked at my mom. Ever since I got home, I’ve been contemplating if I should tell her about my so-called-date with my classmate. Knowing my mom, she would over react without hearing me first. But I really want to tell her about it. I’ll ask her for some tips on how to make the date more interesting. It’s not like it’s a real date, okay? I just want Mina to feel comfortable. 

 

“Mom.” I called her.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Do you still remember the first time you and dad had a date?” I asked.

 

I can see clearly the shocked look on mommy’s face. Then she arched her left eyebrow and said, “Why are you asking that? Are you dating someone already?” 

 

“No, no! I was just asking because I won a friendly date in English class. Our professor would be the one sponsoring the date.” I replied, nervously.

 

“Friendly date? What on earth is that? And your professor would be the one sponsoring you?” She asked again while putting her arms on her waist. Aish. I knew it, I should’ve not told her about this. 

 

I raised my hands on the air and said, “Okay mom, you need to calm down. I’ll tell you why that ‘Friendly Date’ prize happened.” 

 

-

After 5 minutes of telling her and explaining, she finally understood my case and said that my classmate (Dahyun) is such a sweet but coward type of guy. She’s not even lying, though.

 

“So, who’s the girl? Let me see.”

 

I facepalmed myself and just said, “Mom, you don’t need to see her. It’s not even a real date.”

 

“Why? Is she not your type?” Aigoo, my mom really love to tease me.

 

“She’s not my type but she’s pretty!” I said out loud. Oops, did I just say that Mina is pretty? Oh great. 

 

Mommy’s smirking right now and I know that she’s having so much fun because of me. I hate it *sighs*

 

“She’s not your type but she’s pretty? My baby boy is a big boy now~” Mom said while locking me in a tight hug. I tried to escape but to no avail. 

 

“Mom, stop it! I’m not a baby anymore!” I complained.

 

After mom broke the hug, I saw her face and she’s crying. Like what? Why is she crying? Then dad came just at the right time. 

 

“Honey, I’m ho— ehh? What are you two talking about?” Dad asked then he looked at us both. He was appalled because of mom so he asked her, “Hey, why are you crying?” He then looked at me, “What did you do to your mom?!” 

 

“No honey, I was just getting emotional because our son is not a baby anymore.” Mom defended me from dad and continued to weep again. Aish

 

“Why? What happened?” Dad asked, curiously.

 

“It’s nothi—

“He’s having a date!” 

 

I didn’t get to finish what I was saying because, obviously, mommy just cut me off. When dad heard what she said, his face lit up. “Oh really? You’re the man, son!” Then he hugged me. Oof, what was that for?

 

I don’t know what’s with my parents. They’re so weird. I’m getting tired of explaining myself to them, I just wanna relax my mind. Why are they fussing over that when it’s not even a real date. Aish Dahyun, it’s all your fault!

 

-

The next day, since it’s Saturday, I got up later than usual. It’s really good to sleep without worrying about anything for long period of hours. Oh I love weekends!

 

As I was making my way down to the kitchen, I saw Dahyun in the kitchen with my mom and dad. Wait, what is he doing here? And how did he know my house? I immediately made my way to the kitchen and asked him, “Yah! Why are you here?!” 

 

“Hey, is that the right way to greet your visitor? Come here, let’s eat.” My dad said and I just looked at Dahyun.

 

“Oh good afternoon bro! I’ve been calling and texting you since early this morning but you won’t answer.” He answered, smiling sheepishly while showing me his phone.

 

“Huh?” I said, confused.

 

“Check your phone, you dummy.” 

 

“Wait, I left it in my room.”

 

I hurried my way to my room to check my phone. He’s right, I got 15 missed calls and 21 texts from him. I wonder what’s the matter.

 

“Hey, sorry for not picking up. I guess I was too sleepy.” I told him and he just nodded his head.

 

“But why? Do we have a project that I didn’t k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter