Chapter 5: The Unexpected Pick

Taste of Love [For Revision]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina’s POV

 

The weather is so beautiful today as I inhaled the fresh air of the city while making my way to the gate. It is the second day of school and as usual, I came early.

 

As I was walking down the corridor, I saw some people gathering. It’s not really my thing to be nosy about other people’s lives but my curiosity is killing me. I walked to their direction and peeked. 

 

“Excuse me, but, do we know each other? I mean, you looked somehow familiar to me.” The guy said. I can’t see his face because he’s back is facing me but his voice is kind of familiar. I think I already heard that voice.

 

“Are you being serious Kwon Tzuyu?! You don’t know me after we dated for a month?” The girl shouted. Whoa, so it’s Kwon Chewy. I knew it. I mean, there’s something on his face that tells you not to trust him. 

 

“Hey, what are you talking about? I don’t know you and besides, I don’t really have the time to date.” He replied. I can see the rage in the girl’s eyes. She’s really gone mad. 

 

“You’re unbelievable! I will make you pay for this! This is Elkie, remember my name!” She shouted for the last time and walked out. 

 

As the girl walked out, Kwon immediately escaped the embarrassing scene. Geez, what a douchebag. I really hate guys like him. *rolls eyes*

 

-

My third subject for today is English. To my surprise, Kwon guy is my classmate, again. Are you wondering why I kept calling him as ‘Kwon guy’? It’s because I don’t know his name. I mean, is Chewy a name? Anyway, some of my classmates are looking at him, whispering something. I guess they also witnessed the scene at the corridor earlier. What a shame.

 

The professor came at exactly 1:30 PM. She introduced herself to us and told us to just call her as ‘Ms. Jessi’. Ms. Jessi looks cool, though. I think she’s just in her early thirties. This would be fun since we don’t have a grumpy English instructor unlike the other class.

 

Ms. Jessi then said that she just needed two accountable people who can manage the class when she’s not around. In order for her to choose, she ordered us to introduce ourselves one by one. Luckily, I’m kinda fluent in English so I think it’s an advantage for me. It’s not like I wanted to be a class officer, but let’s just let her decide.

 

The self-introduction starts in the front row whereas I’m seated at the last. My classmates can speak English but obviously, they just memorized it. Their accent’s not that good, either. But what’s important is, they can understand and communicate.

 

Now is Kwon’s turn. I wonder if he’s good in English or not because Aunt Tiffany and my mom is really fluent in English.

 

“Hi everyone! I’m Kwon Tzuyu, 19 years of age. Taking up Business Management. I like studying most of the time so I really hate my time to be wasted for nothing. That’s all, thank you!” Whoa. So his name is really Chewy? Anyway, he’s good or maybe he just also memorized his introduction.

 

“Wow! Your accent is good. Are you half-American?” With a surprised look, Ms. Jessi asked him. 

 

“Yes, ma’am. My mother is half-American, that’s why.” He answered proudly. Okay then. He’s really good because I know he’s more fluent than me. 

 

Ms. Jessi then asked him if where in America did they live before. “We’re from Los Angeles, California. After I turned 7 years old, we moved back here in Korea. But we still visit America once a year, though.” Omo. We’re the same. Our family also lived in America and moved back here in Korea when I was six. I just don’t remember if we already met before when we were kids since our mom’s are besties. 

 

Since I sat at the back, I’m the last one to introduce. “Good afternoon! I’m Kim Mina, a Psychology major. I’m already in my sophomore year, please be good to me.” Then I bowed.

 

Ms. Jessi just smiled after my introduction. She then stated that she already decided of who’s gonna be the President and Secretary of the class. The classroom was filled in silence while we’re waiting for Ms. Jessi to speak.

 

I’m not that surprised when she pointed her finger to Chewy. He deserves it, anyway. She then instructed him to write his name. I was kind of confused when he wrote his name on the board, ‘President: Kwon Tzuyu’. I thought his name was Chewy.

 

“Ah, so you’re Chuyu. What a unique name, huh.” Ms. Jessi commented about his name. Tzuyu just s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter